Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Race unlocks for F2P?-

    OK, I've never played SWTOR, don't really do sub fees, but with F2P I thought I'd give it a shot. I was wondering, though: does anybody know if the racial unlocks in the Cartel Market will be fully open to non-subs? IE, could I buy the Chose unlock and play it, even though Chiss isn't normally open to free players?

  2. #2
    350 CC per race.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  3. #3
    Its $1 per 100... so $3.50 and you get your Chiss.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Its $1 per 100... so $3.50 and you get your Chiss.
    I thought it was $1.1 per 100, or was the $4.99/450 wrong?
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I thought it was $1.1 per 100, or was the $4.99/450 wrong?
    No, you are very right.

    But I think forsedar is just rounding.

    Also, forsedar might be buying CC in bulk. In which case you could get like 100 cc for like... 80 cents.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    No, you are very right.

    But I think forsedar is just rounding.
    Well I'd say 10% is a bit to big to just round off, but hey that's me.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Well I'd say 10% is a bit to big to just round off, but hey that's me.
    I suppose this post is my own fault for not fixing my post quickly enough.

    I think forsedar is within his rights to round to 1 dollar since it could be more or less than one dollar depending on how many you buy.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I suppose this post is my own fault for not fixing my post quickly enough.

    I think forsedar is within his rights to round to 1 dollar since it could be more or less than one dollar depending on how many you buy.
    Fair enough, the only number I seen was the 4.99/450, I'll still use the 1.1 as a relative value as you can't expect people to buy bulk.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Fair enough, the only number I seen was the 4.99/450, I'll still use the 1.1 as a relative value as you can't expect people to buy bulk.
    There's a 39.99 for 5500 option (I think that's the right numbers. Don't have time to look it up on DH) and that's like... enough for me to upgrade my account for most access and leave me with plenty of coins for weeks when I want to go balls to the walls pvp or w/e.

    I think I might convince a friend to buy it for me from xmass (since I am getting him some p cool stuff). So, idk.

    I think that the bulk option is going to be used a lot. Esp with the gambling boxs.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think that the bulk option is going to be used a lot. Esp with the gambling boxs.
    I'm sure it will, for relative value in discussions 1.1 is the more accurate though, same as you use the monthly subscription cost and not the yearly broken down to monthly.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I'm sure it will, for relative value in discussions 1.1 is the more accurate though, same as you use the monthly subscription cost and not the yearly broken down to monthly.
    Fair enough.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  12. #12
    I read on Dulfy.net (forum won't let me post links) that they changed the price to 600 CC...is that accurate?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre2387 View Post
    I read on Dulfy.net (forum won't let me post links) that they changed the price to 600 CC...is that accurate?
    dulfy is usually first to know. Link?

    ah. You can't. hmm. Keep posting stuff or post a broken link like Imnotsayingitwasalienbutitwasalien .com
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-12 at 06:35 PM.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  14. #14
    Titan smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    13,692
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    dulfy is usually first to know. Link?
    http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-cartel-market-items/

    350 to 600
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    The most accurate history of the USSR ever.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  15. #15
    dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-cartel-market-items/

    Think that will get past the software.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    EA must be a rogue because they are spamming gouge.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Konata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    EA must be a rogue because they are spamming gouge.
    ZING!
    But yeah that is ridiculous.

  18. #18
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,840
    One step forward, 5 steps back. This must actually be a pilot for an MMO/Soap Opera crossover.

  19. #19
    Titan smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    13,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    One step forward, 5 steps back. This must actually be a pilot for an MMO/Soap Opera crossover.
    Isn't Star Wars generally already regarded as a space-soap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    The most accurate history of the USSR ever.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  20. #20
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,840
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Isn't Star Wars generally already regarded as a space-soap?
    I meant In Real Life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •