Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Magtheridon-US
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Yes but having ToF for every spark makes things very easy too, a 3orbed+ToF DP can almost one shot sparks, i can kill the 5th one even before it travels half the distance, and ToF is awesome for Elegon's last phase too.
    ToF is a no-brainer on this fight, no one is denying that. Mindbender and FDCL are almost dead even in terms of DPS on a single target fight, but Mindbender gets the edge because it simplifies your rotation and frees up some GCDs. If there are any additional targets, FDCL comes out on top every time. There's no question in this case. Multi-target fight = FDCL.

    Killing 4 orbs should be no problem regardless of talents. 5 is still pretty easy if you utilize procs well and save a 3-orb DP for that wave. 6 is also doable without any help, but it could go either way if you have a dry spell with procs and can't get 2 more orbs during the 5th wave (I hate when people kill my orb before I can get off a SW: Death). We can hardly ever get all 6 orbs down on the 6th wave, so we've been sticking to 5. I don't really see any need to do more than that unless you're just looking to inflate your DPS for logs or something.

  2. #22
    Well, the switch from HALO to CASCADE made a great difference, so did the switch to ToF. I was able to down the 4 waves esily, and as for the fifth, we aren't even trying... Sad part is we still can't get through Elegon, I think it's a dps problem: with my 474 ilvl I'm doing around 98k-108k dps on average, I'm top dps in my raid, with the lesser dps beign around 58k. With 6 dps, I would estimate the requirement to be above 75K on average, or maybe more?

    We get to the last phase 3 times out of 4, but we can't even go under 15% on the boss.

  3. #23
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Well, the switch from HALO to CASCADE made a great difference, so did the switch to ToF. I was able to down the 4 waves esily, and as for the fifth, we aren't even trying... Sad part is we still can't get through Elegon, I think it's a dps problem: with my 474 ilvl I'm doing around 98k-108k dps on average, I'm top dps in my raid, with the lesser dps beign around 58k. With 6 dps, I would estimate the requirement to be above 75K on average, or maybe more?

    We get to the last phase 3 times out of 4, but we can't even go under 15% on the boss.
    This is the log from our first kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hx...?s=6368&e=6941

    We were pretty severely undergeared at the time, so it may be a good comparison for where you need to be. I think we actually failed to kill 8 sparks, and still came in under the enrage. Make sure the raid is killing their 4th spark, keeping DPS on the boss between, and switching entirely to the boss after that.

    During the phase 1's there seems to be a little too heavy of a focus on the adds sometimes. The adds really just need to die before the next one spawns, so keeping maximum DPS on the boss is still important, as it will push the phase faster. Sometimes it's easier to just adjust this yourself than to have the whole raid switch their priorities - just put DoTs on the add and keep most DPS on the boss. Just be sure to hit it with a shadow word: death as it's about to die and reset your stacks.

    During the last phase, we always stay on the boss. Only our tanks reset their stacks. Be sure you are using your vampiric embrace cooldown to help get everyone topped off during that phase. Also, it really helps if you run into the center just as the floor comes back up and cast halo. It does a ton of damage to the adds that are still up and really helps the healers top off the raid.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    Also, it really helps if you run into the center just as the floor comes back up and cast halo. It does a ton of damage to the adds that are still up and really helps the healers top off the raid.
    But... I specifically spec'ed CASCADE for the sparks. But I guess cascade will work just the same...

    We killed it last night (yeee!), only the tank was alive on the kill haha. Finished with 118k dps, top of the chart.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    But... I specifically spec'ed CASCADE for the sparks. But I guess cascade will work just the same...

    We killed it last night (yeee!), only the tank was alive on the kill haha. Finished with 118k dps, top of the chart.
    Gratz on the kill! Now that you've gotten it once it should be much easier to repeat.

    For reference, here's where/when I use Cascade on Elegon:

    - Phase 1: Off Elegon when a big add spawns. Very handy in 10man if it spawns on the opposite side from where everyone is standing because it will pull him to ranged.
    - Sparks: 1, 3, and 5.
    - Pillars: If you time it right, you can cast Cascade off of a Pillar about ~1.0sec before the floor despawns.
    - Adds after Pillars: When the floor comes back up, jump on and cast it on one of the adds.
    - Phase 3: Selfcast for extra raid healing if needed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •