Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I will set a basic layout of my arms spec warriors rotation/priority system. First off is colossus smash since it is my main damage amplifier I hit it whenever it is on cool down and whenever it procs. Next I must keep my main damaging attack "mortal strike' on cool down constantly or I am losing dps; however, mortal strike procs overpowers, which in turn can proc off each other, which in turn can proc taste for blood stacks. Add on top of this rage burn off with slam, dps burst cool downs, interrupts, dragons roar, movement, and the game become so complicated that I have little time to look up.
    So, your rotation is CS>MS>Slam? And of course the obligatory cooldowns that every class ever has had. Sorry bro, that's not a complicated rotation. The Fury rotation in wrath was much more difficult to pull off. BT-WW-BT-Free, plus constant HS spam since your off hand attacks obeyed the soft hit cap while HS was queued. So your dps basically went up the faster you could push your buttons. And that wasn't even that complicated.

Really though, of all the classes and specs I've played over the years, (fury/arms/prot warrior in wrath/cata, fire/arcane/frost mage in wrath/cata, ret/prot pally in wrath/cata, marks/surv hunter in wrath, unholy/frost/blood DK in wrath/cata, demo warlock in wrath, mut/combat rogue in wrath) none of them have ever been particularly complicated. Though fury in wrath was probably the easiest to fuck up without realizing it. Pro tip, if you had white misses, you were doing it wrong.

I would say, instead of complaining about how complicated it is on the forums, go and practice your rotation to get better at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I don't dps very often, but windwalker spec to do dailies in for my monk is far from complicated and when I started leveling my paladin in MoP content as ret, I was astounded at how easy the rotations are. It literally felt like I might as well be rolling my face across the keyboard to play it.
    Winwalker is one of the easiest classes to DPS with actually... You have no CDs outside of the lvl 90 talent and a few medium CD spells(FoF,the occasional damage drink and energy drink). Other than that, Jab, Jab, Blackout Kick, Blackout Kick with mixing in 1 Tiger palm every 15 seconds. Hard rotation is hard.

Paladins have CDs which should be timed with each other and trinket procs for maximum increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarts View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1hXGXJ7Tg

Yeah, I really wanna go back to this. It was super challenging.
    Hmm, looks like you found good material for me to use to put me to sleep at night.

As to the OP: My main has been a paladin upto and not including this expansion, and she's still my secondary main. I do not want to go back to Judge - Seal - Autoattack for 10 seconds-Repeat
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-11-12 at 05:11 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Lol..at all the above bigots who missed the idea of the post, even the moderator, go ahead report me for not being an obama retard, good stuff to start the day.

Deleted
    :O complicated rotations! When did they add that??
    also this comes to mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISsOjfHgtws

Is my rotation optimal??
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2012-11-12 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gymtansmush View Post
    Lol..at all the above bigots who missed the idea of the post, even the moderator, go ahead report me for not being an obama retard, good stuff to start the day.
    I didn't miss the point of the post. I simply disagree with it. I don't believe it would be good for the game to make rotations more simple while making boss mechanics harder. If it was up to me, both would be more complicated.

I also think the OP's analysis that there has been a scaling between the difficulty of rotations and the difficulty of content is wrong. Rotations have definitely been harder before across most specs, but content has also been harder. You also have to look at individual classes/specs, instead of making a super generalized statement.

And I have no idea what Obama has to do with anything. Actually, I do have an idea, he doesn't. That is to say, your statement was irrelevant nonsense.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-11-12 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Imho "rotations" are fine. Personally I dislike this FCFH rotation thing which is mostly pure RNG. I'm always like "okay, Crusader Strike next, no problem. Whhooooops, Exorcism is ready! Fireeeee! Oh nao, Judge and Crusader are ready, and Hammer too, and nooo, Exo again, wawwww. Head => table." I know the Paladin prioritys and I know how to play ret, but it is kind of exhausting me when I'm raiding for some hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good example of the playerbase not knowing what they actually want.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Winwalker is one of the easiest classes to DPS with actually... You have no CDs outside of the lvl 90 talent and a few medium CD spells(FoF,the occasional damage drink and energy drink). Other than that, Jab, Jab, Blackout Kick, Blackout Kick with mixing in 1 Tiger palm every 15 seconds. Hard rotation is hard.

Paladins have CDs which should be timed with each other and trinket procs for maximum increase.
    Perhaps you misread where I said it was "far from complicated". In simple terms, it's not complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will set a basic layout of my arms spec warriors rotation/priority system. First off is colossus smash since it is my main damage amplifier I hit it whenever it is on cool down and whenever it procs. Next I must keep my main damaging attack "mortal strike' on cool down constantly or I am losing dps; however, mortal strike procs overpowers, which in turn can proc off each other, which in turn can proc taste for blood stacks. Add on top of this rage burn off with slam, dps burst cool downs, interrupts, dragons roar, movement, and the game become so complicated that I have little time to look up.
    as you put it it sounds even more simplier, you gotta be fucking kiding us, or just trolling. thats not hard at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Go play an Elemental Shaman, forget LvB, forget FS, just spam Lightning Bolt, and you can even cast it while moving.

Simple enough for you?

You won't do a lot of dps, but the rotation would be simple.
    Alternatively, if you want hard mode, try Enhancement Shaman. They've reached the point of "playing piano" during boss pulls but good lord has Blizzard been good to their DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    A pony. (Sparkle Horse, I will have you one day!)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Shadow Priest. I think i can say the rotation on higher level with min/maxing involved seems pretty complicated to me.
    AND I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!

It separates bad players from good ones, the skillcap has indeed risen very much since vanilla (at least for some classes). Even tho gear makes huge difference I can outdps better geared players, or crush those who wear similar equipment. The aspect of competition in high-end (heroic, hardcore) raiding guilds is one of the reasons which keeps me personaly in this game.
    Last edited by Boogar; 2012-11-12 at 05:34 PM.
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

15+ Year Old Account
    Then dont use a rotation and smash attacks as you find most amusing.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Conversely, I was having fun Dpsing last expansion as Arms. My rotation was Rend to proc overpower every 6 seconds, swap to Beserker stance to apply Colossus Smash, Mortal Strike, hopefully a slam before swapping back to Battle stance to pop that first overpower proc in time to immediately pop my second overpower proc so I could switch back to Beserker stance and optimize my extra 5% crit uptime for the next 10 seconds while waiting for the concurrent overpower procs. This of course is not including the potential Colossus Smash refreshes and Sudden Death Executes that needed to be weaved in, or the Bladestorms I needed to weave in when I was waiting on cds/rage starved. On top of this keeping my Battle Shout up off cd and using Sudden Death/Deadly Calm to their best effect left me with little time. Honestly, I found the more complicated rotation fulfilling. The new, simpler rotation bores me. : /

Also what do you mean when you say you have little time to look up? Are you staring at your keyboard or your UI? Most raiders who DPS try to have their HP and the Boss' HP conveniently near the center of the screen so on the rare occasion they actually need to look at their bars, they're still aware of what's going on.

Go arcane mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Go arcane mage.
    Only if he's playing Cataclysm.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as a hard/complex rotation, after doing it a couple of times, it becomes finger reflexes. U just do it without thinking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Or possibly that people just play games they shouldn´t be playing. If one can´t figure out how to do it, or its "too complicated" then the game just might not be for that player. Not like its a bad thing to admit to ones limitations.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    as you put it it sounds even more simplier, you gotta be fucking kiding us, or just trolling. thats not hard at all.
    Fine if it will make you happy and make things more clear then I will go back to that post and retype it in more detail.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    The days of ret paladins watching their swingtimers are over bro, go play vanilla servers or tbc servers if you want that back.