Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Windech View Post
    Oh god >_>

This game should go back to its earlier roots where people had to find out for themselves which abilities are better than others. The recently added "this should be active all the time" crap was a terrible idea. Atm the content is getting easier and so are the rotations. Won't be long until you can do a full HC encounter one handed without moving for anything.

WoW is getting easier and easier to play since the release of WotLK, spoon feeding the tards who can't be bothered to open Chrome and figure things out on their own. Another reason behind the falling subs... go figure
    Bullshit on many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Over the years, I have looked on as wow has become increasingly complicated; however, complicated does not necessarily mean good. I believe the complexity of classes and the complexity of content share a fundamental link. If you have complicated rotations for classes then you must have account for this with easy forgiving content. Conversely, if you have simplistic rotations in your classes you may have much more difficult and unforgiving content.

I believe this illustrates the difference from the wow of the past and the wow of today. Today content is very forgiving outside heroic raids and class rotations are at an all time high in complexity. In the past content was not much less forgiving, yet classes and rotations were much easier to play.

I guess which ever style you like all falls down to opinion I suppose. The purpose of this thread was just to bring this conflict of interest to light. I view myself as a simplistic person so I enjoy my content harder and my class easier.

What's your view?

Under your spell book there is a tab that shows you your primary buttons. That is all you really need to press. Now if you want to get the most dps possible out of your chosen class then yes you have to work for it.
    Same thing goes for every aspect of this game especially now in MoP.

As a boomkin i press like 6 - 7 buttons and its super easy, i would actually like another CD or something to spice things up.
    Resto is even easier, keep Lifebloom up spam wild growth and spot heal with rejuv. There is other stuff you can and should use but for the majority of the time especially in 5 mans thats all i press.
    Don't get me wrong i love resto and don't want it to change but yeah it's not complicated in the least.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-11-19 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    it's really quite interesting how much slower everything looks, as if someone would be playing it on slow motion ^^
    If it helps, that Rogue doesn't have SnD on his bars? That was at least 1 thing to keep track of. You could also keep up Rupture but that was only during the times when you had enough energy, so either popping Adrenaline Rush or a Thistle Tea, or both!

My Rogue was combat daggers in Vanilla. This build. It was pro.
    http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1...52d5501c20005p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesentinel View Post
    Completely agree with OP

If you don't read forums you won't get your class's rotation right. My casual friends (people not good at computer games) would never dream of reading a forum.

They did very average dps. When they grouped for a 5 man they got the expected elitist response of "L2Play n00b!". Get out of my game, stop wasting my time and voting to be kicked.

That doesn't have to happen very many times before the game is no longer fun.

Well, people that are so insanely bad at a game pretty much ruins it for others, am I not right? How do you react when a hunter doesn't know how to remove his fucking Aspect of the Pack all through a dungeon? Or a Fury warrior who keeps getting aggro and dying because the moron is in Defensive stance? You have to point stuff like this out to people. And if they don't understand what to do, then I'm sorry but they should be playing another game. Like Hello Kitty: Island Adventure.

Edit:
    I am in no way a world class player myself, but I atleast try to not fuck everything up for the entire group and know the very basics of my class.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2012-11-19 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nii View Post
    I'm absolutely amazed that anyone could say that rotations are complicated. They are at their most simplistic at any time during WoW's timeframe
    This is not true. Do you know what the warlock rotation was in BC? It was mostly spamming one single spell!

I think they did scale back the complexity a bit from Cataclysm. And the OP has a point: there IS a tradeoff between encounter complexity and rotation complexity. More specifically, if you have to make decisions in your rotation, it interferes with making decisions for the encounter. This is an example of something well known from psychology called the psychological refractory period.

TL;DR: cooldown/proc monitoring interferes with getting out of fire.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The bosses were a joke. Every single fight was just a tank and spank with a debuff that had to be removed.
    Name 1 tank&spank encounter after Majordomo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I hope this is a joke. Even the easiest raid encounter of today has mechanics that Blizzard couldn't even have dreamed of in the past. The challenge in Vanilla raids wasn't the boss fights, it was finding 40 people who could devote 50-60 hours a week to a video game to do all the farming required to raid. The bosses were a joke. Every single fight was just a tank and spank with a debuff that had to be removed.
    First boss in BWL says hi
    Neffarian in BWL says hi

Skeram in AQ40 says hi
    Blob Boss in AQ40 says hi
    Twins in AQ40 says hi
    C'thun in AQ40 says hi

Anub'Rekhan Naxx 40 says hi
    Maexxena Naxx 40 says hi
    Rezuvious Naxx 40 says hi
    Goth Naxx 40 says hi
    Heigan Naxx 40 says hi
    Loatheb Naxx 40 says hi
    Grobulus naxx 40 says hi
    Thadius Naxx 40 says hi

I would love to see you approaching those bosses with dispells and tank and spank only. I really do.

Also on topic:
    Google PQR, also those who dont have the courage to admit it: stop pretending we are not using it.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2012-11-19 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah maybe PQR would be something for the OP, allthough I prefer mastering my class manually in progression PQR would be sweet to use on farm-content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms? Complicated? What, when, how? Me no understand.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    ^ Everything is easy once you master it, the OP probably hasnt really mastered it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarts View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1hXGXJ7Tg

Yeah, I really wanna go back to this. It was super challenging.
    After seeing that video so many times I don't know what is better the constant typing during the raid or the fire enchanted wpns in MC where half the mobs are fire immune the others are fire resistant.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Over the years, I have looked on as wow has become increasingly complicated; however, complicated does not necessarily mean good. I believe the complexity of classes and the complexity of content share a fundamental link. If you have complicated rotations for classes then you must have account for this with easy forgiving content. Conversely, if you have simplistic rotations in your classes you may have much more difficult and unforgiving content.

I believe this illustrates the difference from the wow of the past and the wow of today. Today content is very forgiving outside heroic raids and class rotations are at an all time high in complexity. In the past content was not much less forgiving, yet classes and rotations were much easier to play.

I guess which ever style you like all falls down to opinion I suppose. The purpose of this thread was just to bring this conflict of interest to light. I view myself as a simplistic person so I enjoy my content harder and my class easier.

What's your view?
    That whatever it is your smoking, you need to put an end to it before your brain turns to complete mush.., no seriously, stop!

Outside of feral druids I can't name a class with a "difficult" rotation (and feral is only "difficult" due to the impact of SR on your output, and if your playing with DoC as tier 6 choice)
    As far as raid content goes I'm sure there's a lot that would disagree with your statement about heroic raiding being the only unforgiving content.., I'm actually inclined to believe you yourself haven't done heroic raiding yet due to your statement about class rotations being so hard.

Opinion is all I see in your post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Go play an Elemental Shaman, forget LvB, forget FS, just spam Lightning Bolt, and you can even cast it while moving.

Simple enough for you?

You won't do a lot of dps, but the rotation would be simple.
    You can do that with every class.

Fire mage spam scorch, Frost spam ice lance or frost bolts, Arcane not spamable anymore, so you just cast Arcane Barrage, and Ice Lance in between the cooldown.
    Warlock just use a single DOT and keep it up, Demonology spam Shadow Bolts, Destruction spam Incinerate.
    Priest any spec, spam Smites and Holy Fire.
    Hunter, autoshot.
    Shaman, Lightning Bolts.
    Monk, jab.
    Druid, Wrath.
    Melee classes, autoattack.
    Healers, spam the low mana heal.

Haha.

Deleted
    I would've recommended PQR or similar, but they just made a banwave on that because people used it to auto-interrupt in PvP.

Meanwhile BG's keep being flooded by bots they do nothing about, but lets axe the people that just are tired of tedious rotations & myriads of keybinds. 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Complex? Like sub rogues and demo locks were in cata? Everything is dumbed down now. There are some specs that are more complicated than others but overall everything has just become more simplified.
    Sub rogue in Dragon Soul was the perfect level of complexity in my opinion, you pulled acceptable dps by playing it to an decent standard but you got incredible results when you played it well - it offered a wonderful difficulty/reward structure - I was so upset when they gutted it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    What do you want?
    Auto attack and a single spell?
    Ah TBC destro lock rotation, those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesentinel View Post
    If you don't read forums you won't get your class's rotation right. My casual friends (people not good at computer games) would never dream of reading a forum.
    Maybe that's what makes them "casual (people not good at computer games)"?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Most entertaining.
    I can pretty much guarantee that if they made rotations on most specs any simpler than they already are (which it seems is happening with reduction of button bloat), even more hardcore players will quit.

Your BASIC rotation on ANY spec does not involve more than say, 5 core abilities max + 2-4 minor and greater cooldowns. How is that "too complex" by ANY stretch of the imagination? The priorities are self-evident by using a brain, even without reading anything up. Wait - this ability does more damage, but is only available free of mana and instantly when it procs, otherwise it costs more and has a long cast time? I WONDER WHAT I SHOULD CAST FIRST WHEN THIS PROCS.

The only specs you could possibly argue are still relatively "oldschool" atm are Enhancement for melee and Affliction/Demo, maybe Balance/Shadow for casters.
    Everything else hardly needs any research at all as long as you are paying attention and learning your class as you go.

Also, OP seems to be in favor of separate Vanilla realms too. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Complex? Like sub rogues and demo locks were in cata? Everything is dumbed down now. There are some specs that are more complicated than others but overall everything has just become more simplified.
    Demo was a joke in Cata, it is harder now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spelling, apparently, is also "to Complicated"

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-24 at 04:07 PM.