Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cool Weapons in general for DKs. Help really needed here.

Long time lurker, first time poster. looked in the forums couldn't find what i needed, if it has been answered before can a mod lead me to the post? thanks. (sorry for my bad english its not my native)

so last night, my guild and i (me being a druid tank who where tanking the boss *yay*) went into MSV, to kill spirit kings and forward. we are a 25man guild, not hardcore, but still wants to compete abit within our realm.
    before our pulls, a Frost DK (he only DPS for us except for first boss where its either him or another blood dk tanking) start talking about Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm ( www wowhead(dot)com/item=86071 ) and that it's really good for him. so we kill the boss and what do you know, the boss is awesome and drops the weapon.
    so after the loot is announced both me and the DK needs on it (we use EPGP, he was higher, he got the weapon)
    So my question is should the weapon generally go to Druids over DKs or is the weapon a match to other STR weapons in there? if i recall correct he used Gravetouch Greatsword ( www wowhead(dot)com/item=82822 ).
    Does it really sim that much higher over other weapons? (if anyone could sim the dmg he would gain - Contra me. i got Ghostheart ( www wowhead(dot)com/item=81247 )
    all i seem to find is that the weapon is decent on a blood DK, but haven't found anything on a Frost/UH DK.
    Any people that could help me answer the questions? or lead me to the post if allready answered?

Thanks from a Druid

The LFR version of Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector is better for a Feral Druid, then the Normal version of Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm.

As for the DK, the normal version of Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm is better than either Heroic of Normal Gravetouch Greatsword obviously. But he could get Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion from the LFR version of TES, or Starshatter from Normal Elegon. And then obviously there are the Heroic versions of those weapons, but I am assuming your running Normal modes at the moment.

Hope this clears up your questions.

He loses wayyyy too much attack power switching to that from a strength weapon. The mastery/haste on it I can see being nice, but the loss of strength is awful. Now, the weapon damage might possibly out-weigh that and someone will let us now, but there is too much strength lost there and it would have been much, much better for you.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll crunch the numbers if you like.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I would've told him to hold out for the elegon 2h sword, myself.

I'm guessing, though that it's a dps increase over anything from heroics. just based on sheer weapon damage, but not as good as the LFR version of elegon's 2h-er (simply because, as you say, lost strength.)

Deleted
    I was thinking as of right now, cause from what i know getting Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector is not possible right now? and yes we are doing normals, how would Starshatter Sim next to Screaming Tiger ? if you could answer that

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I'll crunch the numbers if you like.
    Don't. According to your sig, I'm supposed to stop you from posting numbers. :P

Deleted
    at Firebert if you would like to do it, i would adore you forever thanks! (though im supposed to stop you i wont )

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming 2H Frost:

STQUP: 4186DPS, 580 Haste, 871 Mastery, gives a score of 39824.87 from AMR's stat weights
    GG: 899 Strength, 3285.4DPS, 626 Hit, 555 Crit, gives a score of 34434.86 from AMR's stat weights

It was a 15.6% upgrade. This is before factoring in if he was at the Hit cap or not, and reforging.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Don't. According to your sig, I'm supposed to stop you from posting numbers. :P
    Lol. Those were good times.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2012-11-12 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Erroneous assumption that 1 Agility = 1AP for Strength classes
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    I'm using Ghostheart

Assuming 2H Frost:

STQUP: 1146AP, 4186DPS, 580 Haste, 871 Mastery, gives a score of 41119.85 from AMR's stat weights
    GG: 899 Strength, 3285.4DPS, 626 Hit, 555 Crit, gives a score of 34434.86 from AMR's stat weights

It was a 19.4% upgrade. This is before factoring in if he was at the Hit cap or not, and reforging.
    Be careful, STQUP does NOT give attack power, assuming that is what you meant by AP. It's agility, which gives no benefit outside of some critical strike rating/percent. And a difference of 1200 attack power might affect it's score a little.

I would only ever use an Agi polearm if I was the only person that could, or it was the Heroic Raid version, and I had a Heroic Dungeon Str weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAKiddo View Post
    I'm using Ghostheart
    It was a 30% upgrade for you (assuming Heroic Ghostheart) if you're going for a mitigation build, or a 23% upgrade if you're going for a rage-building build.

You got dun robbed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 05:38 PM ----------

Be careful, STQUP does NOT give attack power, assuming that is what you meant by AP. It's agility, which gives no benefit outside of some critical strike rating/percent. And a difference of 1200 attack power might affect it's score a little.
    This is true. Editing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 05:40 PM ----------

Assuming 2H Frost:

STQUP: 4186DPS, 580 Haste, 871 Mastery, gives a score of 39824.87 from AMR's stat weights

It was a 15.6% upgrade. This is before factoring in if he was at the Hit cap or not, and reforging.
    Fixed.

You still got dun robbed.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Assuming 2H Frost:

STQUP: 1146AP, 4186DPS, 580 Haste, 871 Mastery, gives a score of 41119.85 from AMR's stat weights

It was a 19.4% upgrade. This is before factoring in if he was at the Hit cap or not, and reforging.

What was your weapon?
    what would his numbers be then? factoring that in if you didn't ?

10+ Year Old Account
    See my selfquoted post above. It's been edited.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Assuming 2H Frost:

What was your weapon?

He posted that up. It's still /better/ than his weapon, but a LOT better for you. Too late though

Deleted
    yeah kinda knew i got robbed and as you guys say, its too late now, hes a DK and rune forged it not long after. thanks alot for giving me some numbers and what not. really helped me to next time yell at the 2 other DKs to stay away from it! though with my luck it wont drop again untill next patch happened to our Paladin last patch, Shield from boat fight didn't drop 1 single time in our raiding time in there... but thanks alot guys !

No problem. Yeah mathematically speaking its "twice" as good for you than him. And any dk should have known to pass an agility weapon to an agility user before using it.

Good luck next week, though!

Deleted
    1 more thing before i leave the DK forums again! how much better would the Weapon from Elagon Starshatter be Contra his Gravetouch Greatsword? normal and LFR if you would be so kind.

Much better than the polearm but we'll have to wait for some numbers there. Lfr would probably be better. Normal definitely better.