Poll: Which Type are you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Type A more closely identifies me in MMOs however I do sometimes enjoy Type B in normal RPGs(Lawbreaking mass murderer anyone? or just an average jerk to everyone for the amusing reactions). I did make my first female char recently due to aesthetic reasons (absolutely cannot tolerate the male pandaren model and I did want a pandaren).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, I play whatever sex as the most appealing combat animations. I'm type A in terms of my actions, but when it comes to the actual sex of my character, the only thing that goes into it, is combat animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely type A, I chose Orcs because the common Orc has a short temper which is exactly how I am, so I can relate to their rage. I could never be a female though, it just doesn't sit right with me playing a character that's not my own gender, it feels rather weird and out of place.

Deleted
    Type C the character can be either female or Male.

It is a reflection of a personal though /idea / Morality of my own. It does not reflect my truth self just little bits of myself.

When i play my Retribution Paladin. She is mean, but she is righteous, she will help an ally in danger she will gank the alliance 1 or 2 times to have fun but she may help a low level alliance kill an elite because she has a kind heart but she is Vengeful, you gank her and you get killed she will corpse camp you 3 times just to make sure you know she is the boss.

When i play my Shadow priest he is evil, he is madness he shall go into 1v3 fights and kill you all or be kill. He shall gank every Red bar he his ruthless he doesnt stop. he doesn't help anyone and he Kill steals.

When i play my rogue I am a team player but he is such a Troll ganks every lowbie that comes by. And Sap sap sap sap sap on BG to anoy the enemy
    SAP SAP SAP stun run sap some more Stun run. Such a troll ^^

When i play my mage she is cool, offers bookies and milk to everyone but she is so grredy asking for 200/300g for a portal XD she is the master of auction house and my herb farming, and she loves to sheep and steal herbs from hordies and kill them if they start to complain.

My warrior has a good heart, he defends the weak he is the ultimate team player and the meat shield to protect the weaklings

My DK, i don't know I guess when i play him i play depending on my mood he doesn't really have a personality of his own

i play a female char because if i'm going to be online for a while i'd prefer to be looking at a woman's(even pixelated woman's) rear than a guys....that and the bikini armor

I play female and male toons and I am definetly a type b. Each of my toons has different personalitys. I can somtimes identify with them but they are all different. I dont really rp at all but aspect and when I am playing I imagine them going through the story in wow.

My warlock for example is more mercenary type who wants fame and fortune. Cold blooded and will stop at nothing... while my paladin has a heart of gold and is a self sacraficing save the innocent dragonslayer type.

Yes yes stereotypical I know but thats how I am. It reflects my playstyle also I tend to be trollish and mean when im on my lock and I an nice and helpfull when im on my paladin.

Mostly B, but I do A from time to time if I feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Type C: A dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude.

Technically I'd be a Type A, but it seems to generalized for my tastes. I'm more of a Type B player with a Type A personality, as far as your thread is concerned.

I avoid playing female characters at all time unless it's mandatory. I'm too morally masochistic to willingly manipulate a female character.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Type B in WoW. Type A in RPG's like DAO.

When I was younger I would be more of what you described as Type A, but now I find my self more in the type B category. Though I would have to say that neither are a perfect explanation of where I stand on it.

Type B most of the time. I have done Type A before, but mostly in roleplay circumstances.

I only have 1 female toon and that's because I hate the male Draenei (I have a Male Pally Draenei which is where I learned to dislike them. I could see playing a female undead or a female Orc, but unlikely I will ever roll one.

I'm not sure if I'm type A or Type B. I am my characters in that the decision I make in game arr the same decision I make out in the real world. I'm not a douche in the real world and I refuse to behave like one because "I'm role playing" and so "LOL it's just a game" isn't a valid excuse.

I picked other. I pick female characters because I love woman, love lookin at them, love touchin them.

I don't agree with the Type A/B concept.

I create characters that I have some connection to but at the same time, they're not necessarily reflections of myself. I like to write creatively and making characters as a Dungeon Master in D&D means making male or female characters to suit the stories I'm creating. I often quite like the characters I've created, whether they're good, evil, male, female, misshapen behemoths of doom'eth, or whatever.

Connecting with a character doesn't mean you see something of yourself in the character, it just means you like them for one reason or another and want to see them succeed (or fail).
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Deleted
    I only choose a female or male characters based on how they look, so I guess I'm more of a type B.

As far as I know, I haven't picked a character with the thoughts of a type A person. I don't think I ever will to be honest.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I play whatever I feel like playing. I usually have a basic sense of direction for a character at creation, and that general idea usually dictates race, gender, class, etc. Those elements are not a reflection of me. How I play that character, though, could be considered a reflection on some level.

I'm very gender neutral when it comes to games. Probably because it's not real.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I cross the line between both, really.

For some of my WoW toons it's more about developing them as independent characters (in my head) and for others it's about a reflection of myself (again, in my head, as WoW offers no real RP)

In, say, SWTOR, it was a reflection of myself in the game world. I made moral choices based on what I personally would've made. Not that any games with moral choices have ever really had good moral systems, but you get my point.

For instance, the only female characters I've had in WoW were characters I was going to play as a healer (priest, first druid) and that's due to my RPG roots in Final Fantasy, in which the white mage was always a female with a white robe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other:

When I was a troll, I used to be a male character. Then I transfer to Alliance, at that time only race in Alliance could be Shaman is Darenei, after you seen what the male Draenei looks like, I think it is pretty obvious I went with a female Draenei in the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    So, the poll asks, are you a Type A or a Type B? And do you think this theory is valid or not?
    It's not complete bullshit, but it's not so black and white either.

For example, back when I played WoW I had many male characters because I'm Type A. However, the female characters that I played were of Type B. Also, I'm sure these types would intertwine as well. I've probably put a little bit of me into my Type B character just like I've let something go in my Type A characters.

It's not as simple as you make it sound. But for the most part I prefer to play male characters because I favor Type A.
    Doesn't rule out that I sometimes play a female character to mix things up though, but I feel less connected to that one.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2012-11-13 at 04:17 AM.