Deleted

Valor points from Random Dungeons

Maybe I am going senile in my old age but have they reduced valor for random dungeons to 10? Yesterday they were 80.

Deleted
    that means u can get only 10 more vp this week.

Deleted
    oh, thank you. wow that sucks. How many can you get a week? I have only 2000

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    oh, thank you. wow that sucks. How many can you get a week? I have only 2000
    1000 a week, 3000 total. You can see this by mousing over the valor points in your currency tab.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Do 2 dailie quests, to cap the last 10 valor, it takes you like 5 minutes... or a scenario, much faster than doing a dungeon IF you do only need 10 valor.

Deleted
    Thats great thanks for the info, didn't realise.

So it takes roughly 11-12 dungeons to cap valor assuming no dailies? That would still leave one with no way of spending it right?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    So it takes roughly 11-12 dungeons to cap valor assuming no dailies? That would still leave one with no way of spending it right?
    Just through dungeons? Assuming you do the daily each day (80 VP), that's 560 VP, so you need 440 more to cap. That's 18 dungeons total (seven daily heroics plus 11 normal heroics). If you tried to do them all in one day, it would take 24 runs.

Until 5.1, yeah, you need the rep to spend them.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Valor_Points

You only get 80 for the first random per day. If you just did the one per day that would still only net you 560 for a whole week - which isn't terrible, but it would take 11 more @40 per run to cap from just heroics alone. So I guess you could see it as requiring 18+ heroics, depending on how you spread them out.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Maybe I am going senile in my old age but have they reduced valor for random dungeons to 10? Yesterday they were 80.
    That happened to me too a week or so ago, turned out i had earned 990/1000 VPs for the week through LFR/dailies/heroics already. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Just through dungeons? Assuming you do the daily each day (80 VP), that's 560 VP, so you need 440 more to cap. That's 18 dungeons total (seven daily heroics plus 11 normal heroics). If you tried to do them all in one day, it would take 24 runs.

Until 5.1, yeah, you need the rep to spend them.

Does each heroic give less vp after your first one for the day(?

Does each heroic give less vp after your first one for the day(?
    80 for the first, 40 for every one after that during that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Valor_Points

You only get 80 for the first random per day. If you just did the one per day that would still only net you 560 for a whole week - which isn't terrible, but it would take 11 more @40 per run to cap from just heroics alone. So I guess you could see it as requiring 18+ heroics, depending on how you spread them out.
    Oh I see. Thanks for the info

Deleted
    just do 1 heroic and 1 scenario a day and even without LFR you're done easily

There are a couple of reps that are very easy to reach honored with. Klaxxi is the easiest (you reach honored with them before you've done half of their initial quest chain), and GL isn't hard to get to honored for either. Once you have GL to revered, if you leveled by questing in TLS then Shado Pan will be nearly at honored as well and can be easily unlocked within a few days.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"