Deleted

Macro's, Macro's and more Macro's!!

Hey Rift community, with the new expansion hitting and my love for WoW at an all time low im going to be playing Rift again on a more hardcore basis.

I played from release through GSB then left as everyone I knew was going back to playing WoW.

This time even though I dont know any one else who still plays Rift I think its the way forward for me, the only tiny Issue I have is the dependence upon making macros that simplify your DPS rotation to much enabling you to go a whole fight only use 3 or 4 buttons as a DPS character (even less for some rogue builds)

Is this still the case? is it still throwing 2 or 3 or more abilities in one macros and playing with what feels like nerfed rotation?

I assume its possible to play all classes without such macros but as a top end player in all my previous MMOs I obviously still want to be competitive.

I usually play Melee or tank characters in 'holy trinity' EQ style MMOs but with rift have been enjoying levelling a couple of ranged Rogues and Mages. Any feedback on the rotations of these two classes coupled with their viability in progression raiding would be grateful.

Also tied into this would be the use of addons, I know curse currently has a rift addon section, but as im not entirely sure what the names of addons im looking for is there anyone who can point me in the direction of an usefull addons for DPS rotation? Maybe tracking useful DoTs, a simple bar to keep track of my high priority damaging abilities with short CD's?

Thanks in advance for your advice

10+ Year Old Account
    You're late to the party. The entire macro system has been overhauled. Even prior to the change loaded macros was sub-par but again moot point now.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-12 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    You're late to the party. The entire macro system has been overhauled. Even prior to the change loaded macros was sub-par but again mute point now.
    moot not mute =)

Deleted
    Being late to the party is good though in this instance right?

Im set to play Rift full time in SL and was hoping the macro system was indeed less prominent than my last visit to the game. If thats the case, then thats good news

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    moot not mute =)
    Umm, err I knew that. Haha thx!

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingBut View Post
    Being late to the party is good though in this instance right?

Im set to play Rift full time in SL and was hoping the macro system was indeed less prominent than my last visit to the game. If thats the case, then thats good news
    Sure is! Yeah I wasn't trying to sound like a dick about it and it's actually a fairly recent change. It's never too late for any party, welcome back you'll enjoy your stay I'm sure.

I found that macros are used to some extent still, not as bad as before though, personally after learning the spec I generally break them down anyway as individual control is always better if you can manage the key binds.

http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/karuulalert is a good place to start for tracking things, not as streamlined or user friendly as your run of the mill WoW addon but does the job.