Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Do you personally think it's worth playing WoW, entirely for PvP?

As the title says. Basically ignoring PvE entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, there are other games for that.

Deleted
    Only if you like arena.

From what Ive heard (havent played it) GW2 has nearly no pve endgame, and the focus is pvp. But hell even a much simpler game like League of Legends is better if all you want is pvp. No 'grind' up time (dont give me the 'you have to be level 30' speech, all you really need is 12 for flash, and thats extremely easy to get to) and a true skill based system instead of "well I lost cause they outgeared me."

No, in fact the game would 100% more enjoyable without PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Idk what to even say to this...

Deleted
    no, its not, pvp is a minigame

Sadly, yes.. Blizzard doesn't care about PvP enough for you to just PvP, and nothing else.

It's a PvE game, with a PvP "minigame" .. a minigame that is sorely neglected most of the time.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Idk what to even say to this...
    In the past they made so many changes in PvP that hurt PvE players.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. WoW is a PVE game, PVP has always felt tacked on and a little sloppy. I would play LoL if you want pure PVP or even GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 for pvp, WoW for raiding.

If my focus was only PvP I am pretty sure I wouldn't play WoW. I probably wouldn't play most MMORPGs for that matter as cool and different class abilities usually equate to cruddy balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. It's a playstyle.

I played both for variety. When PvP got old, did PvE and vice versa.

Variety is the spice of life!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Hard to say. My rogue was my main heading into MoP, and I've stopped playing him. But, I'm stuck in the AP and enjoying my free D3, so I feel like I should give PvP a shot. Rolling my rdruid to see how it goes. There probably are better games for pvp, but I just wanna be able to have fun wth friends on my own time, and WoW PvP seems like it should fit the bill.

No. It's not balanced enough and Blizzard will never work towards balancing PvP entirely. And it's not very fun tbh.

It depends, do you like Arena and/or Rated BG? I enjoy the former, never done the latter. If you are soloing just wanting to PvP, then WoW is likely not the right place. If you have 3-5 friends you play with, then maybe.

I'd rather play something like Gw2 or LoL for pure PvP. Gw2's pvp system is amazing in the fact you all have the same gear, it's entirely based on what skills you have and team play etc. Right now I'm playing LoL and loving it, I find it a bit grindy to get to 20 (to start filling rune pages) but apart from that it's lovely.

I love random BG's. Sure you get bots sometimes (I'm guessing its much worse in America) and yeah you get bots ALL the time if its night time but its rare that they out number the players, people just like to exaggerate (note: I didn't say it NEVER happened). Eitherways yeah, if you just wanna PvP, random BG's can keep you entertained for ages.

Ranked PvP is fucked apparently, MMR abuse, win trading and FotM class imbalance make it very frustrating for the *competetive* PvPer, but in random BG's a skillful player will still shine
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    League of Legends for PvP.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Wut.. I want to see the math behind this statistic.