Need Help on 10N Raiding

Hey Guys,
    Need your help to assess my current raid weaknesses. We're not a great raiding guild, never do heroic modes and most of the time struggle on Normal mode. However, we are clearing 10N most of the time before nerfs and that is our challenge. Now I find 10N real harder in MOP. Especially in contrast with LFR...
    We are stuck on Stone Guards, best try last week at 40% and most of the time we wipe at 75%. Problem is that I cannot pinpoint what are our problems. Would you mind helping me check our log and identify the top reasons of fail? Thanks for helping the scrubs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t9b13j52aclixdqn/

From a preliminary glance, your DPS needs a lot of improvement. I pulled 56k dps on my guardian druid in LFR with 463 avg item level on stone guardians. Unfortunately I can't read your WoL report (is that French?), but from context it appears your main problem is the Jasper Chains. You had several people die on every attempt to the Jasper Chains. If you don't know what to do I suggest you check out one of the many many strategy guides for this fight. But in general, if you have chains on you linking to someone else you need to stand right next to that person until the chains go away...or until the Jasper guardian is starting to overload because you'll take 90% reduced damage at that point from the chains.

We dont even bother breaking the chains. Everyone gets tied to someone and that 'couple' hugs each other for the remainder of the fight. Stone Guards gave us some issues for the first evening, until myself and my OT got the flow of changes down. We never have an 'unbuffed' overload go off now. It requires tight timing on the taunts and swaps, but once you hit the right flow it clicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with what's said above.

My raid group was basically in your position for a while. I came to this very website to ask for advice for the underperforming DPS, and gave them specific advice. The fact of the matter is, even with an overpowered DK tank, you need your members to be over 45k, preferably 50k, on average. It's pure mathematics. You have 131M damage to do in 8 minutes. The chains don't enter into that part of the calculation at all.

I personally recommend the "mark the smartest DPS" approach for getting out of crap. If you have, say, a hunter who is hit by Cobalt Mines the least often, put a mark on that hunter and have everyone else pay attention to that hunter. When that hunter moves, everyone follows, keeping chains intact. This prevents 2 chained people from splitting up to avoid a mine or a pool, only to be shredded by the chains. Other groups have decided never to move at all for mines, and just eat them. That's up to your healers, and how much mana they have. I recommend marking and dodging.

As a tank, I can tell you what worked for my group: as soon as the correct lion is about to overload, BOTH tanks need to IMMEDIATELY figure out who they are supposed to taunt, move within range (if needed) and prepare. If it turns out a tank swap is needed, it can then happen instantly. There are different strategies along those lines, but fast, accurate tank swaps are necessary. If need be, one tank can call out "get ready to taunt XXX" for the other one to hear. The strategy we used was to always have 2 lions with the DK tank (and his AMF) and the other one by me. As soon as I saw the one by me was starting to Petrify, the DK tank was to taunt it while I took the other lion that had the MOST energy (aka the one that didn't explode).

And finally, it looks like you tried Zor'lok in what I assume is 10man from the logs. Heart of Fear is the next level up from MV. If you can't even bring the first boss of the easier raid to half, you have no business in the Normal version of harder raid. Stop doing that. It's a waste of time, effort, gold and morale.

10+ Year Old Account
    We do something similar. I always have 2 dogs on me (BrM DPS is insane on that fight) and I just wait for our warrior to call "taunting X" and I just grab whatever he has at the time. Just need to identify the tank that understands the taunt rotation best and leave him in charge of it.

We had issues with people dying to chains a lot too, make sure to only break undesirable links during Jasper petrification and otherwise ranged need to move in with melee and stick with them.

We break mines during Cobalt petri and any DPS with really good CD's (SP, Hunter, ect) will help pop mines using those. I wouldn't recommend breaking them unprotected if you are struggling already.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Need your help to assess my current raid weaknesses. We're not a great raiding guild, never do heroic modes and most of the time struggle on Normal mode. However, we are clearing 10N most of the time before nerfs and that is our challenge. Now I find 10N real harder in MOP. Especially in contrast with LFR...
    We are stuck on Stone Guards, best try last week at 40% and most of the time we wipe at 75%. Problem is that I cannot pinpoint what are our problems. Would you mind helping me check our log and identify the top reasons of fail? Thanks for helping the scrubs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t9b13j52aclixdqn/
    Judging by the logs, looks like your Blood DK has aggro on 2 more often than the Bear Druid. This fight is mostly about tank coordination and I'm going to assume you're wiping to tanks dropping or healers OOMing and not the enrage timer. Low DPS will cause wipes to enrage timer. Poor execution/coordination will cause the former. I suggest designating a spot for each tank and unless you get Amethyt AND Cobalt, move the bosses as little as possible. Any time a swap needs to occur, both tanks taunt. Your DK should always have aggro on two, and your DPS shouldn't have to adjust when a swap occurs. If you get both Cobalt and Amethyst, you're tanks will have to move a bit. Amethyst plus Jasper means they should watch for having to move to make it easier on healz/dps.

THE most important thing about this fight. Move as little as possible, but don't stand in junk. If your entire raid can do this, you should be able to beat the enrage timer even if your average dps isn't above 40k. This fight is about control. The next fight is as well. Once you get past Stone Guard and Feng, you can start brutalizing your DPS for not keeping up with the adds in Garajal. :-)

Afterthought after looking at Survivialbility in your logs... Stop killing each other due to Jasper Chains. And HoF is a "half-tier" above MV. If you can't beat the first bosses in MV, you probably lack the gear, awareness, synergy to take on HoF. DPS keeping up their rotation while NOT killing themselves and healers should help you get the fight down. :-D