Page 1 of 2
LastLast

relic of chi should I buy it as resto

is it a good trinket for us or not really worth it?

Deleted
    BiS son, BiS.

Yep it is awesome indeed and it will get even better if they let you upgrade the trinket for VP in 5.1.

ask mr robot says its not even close to bis are u guys sure its that good

Quote Originally Posted by mdnsiper7 View Post
    ask mr robot says its not even close to bis are u guys sure its that good
    I've heard a lot of people say Ask Mr. Robot has been incredibly wonky lately. A lot of them even suggest avoiding it for now.

Then AMR is completely wrong. Amazing trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta View Post
    Then AMR is completely wrong. Amazing trinket.
    yea mrrobot says its not even close to bis thats why I was shocked people were using it

This is why you should only take what you get from AMR and other ranking things with a grain of salt.

I have never trusted AMR, every time I used it back in cata it would throw out totally different results from my tests with simcraft. Since then I stopped trusting it.

It seems to be BiS and will be even better once it can be upgraded with valor in 5.1 like the above poster said. Great trinket and worth the gold to buy or make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    AMR is not a healer trinket ranking tool... All it does is take the stat weights you put in and spit out an ranking based on them. Ignore it for trinkets almost always.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
    BiS son, BiS.
    interesting as i was told that the shado pan one and the one from will hc are bis for r shammy, as for my source its icy veins, unless they are wonky

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-...ling_5_05_mop/ Check out EJ. They have a nice write up on trinkets.

Heroic Spirits of the Sun is the only trinket that beats out the relic.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    interesting as i was told that the shado pan one and the one from will hc are bis for r shammy, as for my source its icy veins, unless they are wonky
    Not sure about the Shado Pan trinket. I'm not a stat cruncher but EJ has that as one of the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mdnsiper7 View Post
    yea mrrobot says its not even close to bis thats why I was shocked people were using it
    Are you checking relative or absolute when doing gear comparison for trinkets on AMR? I see a lot of people making the mistake of not changing it to relative(if you leave it on the default of absolute it gives you a VERY odd list).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Nevermind the fact that it's a 476 with more base INT than the 489s. Just stick with your heroic dungeon ones, who needs all that overly budgeted int/spirit?

Seriously though, if you haven't bought this yet, you're only gimping yourself. Though I guess if you never plan to actually raid more than LFR, this is potentially a waste of money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    How would the shado-pan one ever be better? Less static intellect and less spirit, even if you pop the shado-pan one on cd and you get "unlucky" with DMF procs which is really unlikely to happen.

As others have said AMR is not a great measure for trinkets...

Age-old ilvl problem...look at the stats and not the ilvl. For example, some of the 245 ilvl trinkets from the badge vendor in wrath were not as good as the 200 ilvl trinkets that dropped in the ToC 5man.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    How would the shado-pan one ever be better? Less static intellect and less spirit, even if you pop the shado-pan one on cd and you get "unlucky" with DMF procs which is really unlikely to happen.
    also take into account that they are nerfing the DMF trinkets on the ptr atm i hope the nerfs don't go live

The nerfs are to allow you to upgrade them and not have them massively over stat budget (which DMF trinkets have almost always been over stat budget anyways, but leaving them as is and then allowing upgrading could make them seriously OP....more so than now.)