Thread: Tanky pet im BM

10+ Year Old Account

Tanky pet im BM

Hi ! I have a question,
    as a bm hunter if i want to solo old raid and stuff, i need a tanky pet, which one is the best?
    I was thinking about Acturius, spirit beast/bear, would that work ?

All pets can be a 'tank' pet now by just speccing into it. But id suggest a turtle. They have a shield wall ability that is amazing when it comes to tanking solo raids/dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    but with a turtle i might lost my healing from my spirit beast no ? :x

.... yes..... you will. Spirit beasts ability is a heal + Mastery buff. Turtles have a shield wall. If you want a heal id recomend just keeping spirit bond on. It heals plenty.

10+ Year Old Account
    kk cool ty !
    sorry i might sound noob, i just start playing my hunter i havent tuched him since WotLK o.O

For old content, spirit bond/exhiliration (depending on the encounter) should be enough healing. You shouldn't be getting hit by anything significant enough to make Iron Hawk worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    exellent ! ty for your help !!

Deleted
    There's also the possibility of wearing 2 pieces of the Tier 5, to get the set bonus: to transfer 15% of your damage in healing to the pet, if you feel the healing is weak.
    (But the set is outdated, so it sacrifices a lot of stats, nowadays)

My preference is turtle, but pretty much any family can tank now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a turtle and 4 spirit beasts with you...
    If you or your pet are in utter need for a heal you could cast stampede for a damage push and 4 hots on you and or your pet...

MoP offers many opportunities for selfheal now
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    Hi ! I have a question,
    as a bm hunter if i want to solo old raid and stuff, i need a tanky pet, which one is the best?
    I was thinking about Acturius, spirit beast/bear, would that work ?
    I would suggest taking a tank spec spirit beast as well as a turtle. If there is a fight with a lot of adds, a stacking debuff, etc you may want the turtle for the extra cooldown with shell shield. If there is a fight with a lot of aoe spell damage, I would suggest the spirit beast so you can heal yourself, in addition to using deterrence and a bandage. Don't forget you have multiple slots, as well as respec on the fly, so you can tailor your pet to the fight and pick the one that works best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    There's also the possibility of wearing 2 pieces of the Tier 5, to get the set bonus: to transfer 15% of your damage in healing to the pet, if you feel the healing is weak.
    (But the set is outdated, so it sacrifices a lot of stats, nowadays)
    This is certainly situational, but not a bad idea either. I'd also suggest being smart about the T5 pieces. Get the highest level enchants and gems possible into them, and only switch out pieces that will have the least impact on your stats. An example would be that if you have 489 legs, 476 gloves, 463 chest/shoulders/helm, you will want to switch out two of your 463 pieces (most likely chest and shoulders so you keep your MoP meta).
    Last edited by Nightscrawl; 2012-11-12 at 09:29 PM.
    Carnation, 90 Blood Elf Priest <Knights of Sterling> / Vek'nilash-US

10+ Year Old Account
    wao !! a lot of awesome suggestion ill take all of them in consideration, and 4 spirit beast.. not so easy to do when my server is full and always have 304 hunter for Loque'anak o.O.... (i had the change to egt him and acturius the same night thou... my retry it again

and and not 90 yet, still 82 but i wanna be ready to solo some stuff :P

ty for your help guys!!! ill try to get that 2piece of t5 !

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 01:23 PM ----------

ho and for the best enchant on the t5, does the MoP can be apply on it o.O i doubt; i just wanna be sure that if i get the shoulder and chest of t5 (the easyest to farm imo) wich enchant would be the best on it
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2012-11-13 at 01:24 PM.