Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    40 red gems? I could go out and farm ore for a few hours, prospect it and get that many. What's the problem with that again?
    What he's talking about is during Cata, there was a gigantic influx of the epic gems that you would get from running DS. It was the only place you could get them, and a mere couple of weeks after the instance was released, you would see massive stacks being sold at cut-rate prices. It stuck out like a sore thumb, and the cause was duping. There was no feasible way to acquire that many of the gems and still be able to sell them at the prices they were selling. In some cases, there wasn't even the possibility of acquiring as many gems as were being sold at one time.

Thankfully there isn't any major duping going on in my realm, just a few insane mining and herbing botters destroying the ore/herb markets (herb market has already recovered due to recent faire but ore is dropping 2-4 gold a day with a single guy posting 200-600 stacks almost every day).

It sucks yes, but meh, hopefully it will be fixed soon so that the servers hit by it will be able to recover at a reasonable time.

more blood spirits = cheaper gear for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    Thankfully there isn't any major duping going on in my realm, just a few insane mining and herbing botters destroying the ore/herb markets (herb market has already recovered due to recent faire but ore is dropping 2-4 gold a day with a single guy posting 200-600 stacks almost every day).

It sucks yes, but meh, hopefully it will be fixed soon so that the servers hit by it will be able to recover at a reasonable time.
    Yeah - those guys have no-clip hacks that they combine with speed hacks and can literally zip around the continent on their routes and collect insane amounts of trade goods in low times. Makes them much harder to detect by players which I would suspect is the most prominent way that Blizzard is keyed in to hacking and botting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    bots everywhere, duping, PvP cheating and exploiting

this expansion is going well
    Yeah, 'cause these were never a problem before MoP.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ignorance is bliss.
    Ignorance is ignorant ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I'm going to assume that you're referring to US-Kil'jaeden since EU-Kil'jaeden has barely any blood spirit market to speak of.

Looking at the data from UndermineJournal, I don't see anything suspicious. Most of the listings on either faction are from guilded level 90's or 85's.

I'm not seeing these level 1's selling mass amounts of blood spirits that you're posting about.
    In my experience, dupers prefer to sell in Trade Chat rather than the AH, so TUJ won't pick that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    What server? Like to check this out. Because I call BS.

I checked the other servers even the larger ones don't move inventory like that, so yeah, calling BS.
    Seriously, I've done it before as well, and have seen it many times on the AH. It's not uncommon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    What he's talking about is during Cata, there was a gigantic influx of the epic gems that you would get from running DS. It was the only place you could get them, and a mere couple of weeks after the instance was released, you would see massive stacks being sold at cut-rate prices. It stuck out like a sore thumb, and the cause was duping. There was no feasible way to acquire that many of the gems and still be able to sell them at the prices they were selling. In some cases, there wasn't even the possibility of acquiring as many gems as were being sold at one time.
    On Shandris they weren't clearing DS fast enough to have such dumping. And the prices were insane ($800+ a piece even 2 weeks before MoP).

Towards the end of MoP people were bringing in level 1s loaded with items that wouldn't be seen on our market. Especially red epic gems. You may see in a very blue moon someone sell 20, but never ever trying to unload 40. 40 Red gems would be almost our entire market. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it has to be some duping exploit. There's like 4 horde guilds that have killed more than the couple bosses in Vault and none of us are actually selling blood spirits to anyone - yet there's been a level one in trade the last few days selling stacks of blood spirits for ~4k each or the whole stack for 25.
    Last edited by Sterilize; 2012-11-12 at 10:22 PM.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

On Shandris they weren't clearing DS fast enough to have such dumping. And the prices were insane ($800+ a piece even 2 weeks before MoP).

Towards the end of MoP people were bringing in level 1s loaded with items that wouldn't be seen on our market. Especially red epic gems. You may see in a very blue moon someone sell 20, but never ever trying to unload 40. 40 Red gems would be almost our entire market. -_-
    If your buying in game goods with real money do you really have a leg to stand on in the whole duping is bad debate?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If your buying in game goods with real money do you really have a leg to stand on in the whole duping is bad debate?
    I would assume he meant 800 gold.... 800 bucks for an epic gem doesn't make any sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Bank/guild alts aren't allowed to sell items? For fuck sakes I've seen way to many of these threads.
    Level 1's selling 3 spectral tigers, 9 rooster eggs, 2 mottled drakes, 5 rhinos, and 60 blood spirits who is guildless and named Kojadfhq clearly isn't a duper, just someone's bank alt.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aerruss View Post
    So in the last few days Kil"Jaeden has been swarmed by those suspicious level 1 toons selling stacks and stacks of highly valueable stuff. In this case, Blood Spirits. We've seen this pattern before, between the Botters and the Dupers the game is kinda ruined, at least the economy is... What incentive do real, human players have to play the AH or participate on the economy if we know its swarmed with cheaters? To me its either don't participate or level the field, yeah, by botting yourself.

Blizzard - what is up with the duping? Do you seriuosly think that by ignoring the issue it will simply go away? How about you give us a real reply, meaning, how do you plan to stop it? I'm not asking for the usual statement saying "its important to us, trust us, we're dealing with it, it's a complex issue". i'm sorry, but that's not going to be enough considering the amount of time this has been going on for. Alternatively, if you can't win the war on botting, maybe you should legalize it? Let everyone bot.

It's either that or a real, permanent solution. I refuse to play or play fair when most of my competition doesn't.
    I'll be upfront and say I use a program called Auto Hot Key. Its not duping or "botting"(in the way most people think; ie: bots in battlegrounds or flying around uldum with rez sickness at level 80...) but it does use a script (obviously). All it does is automate my prospecting so I dont get f--king carpel tunnel. I don't really see it as a problem, in my time since vanilla this is the only thing ive ever done to break the rules, and i've only started doing it recently.

The way I see it is, I've spent hours upon hours using the real method, prospecting ore, disenchanting and the return value is so low sometimes its just not logical to sit there forever(its becoming more valid now that my home server is high population everything is instantly undercutted in seconds and the prices are are generally speaking always in the buyers favor)

To compare:

old med pop server: could make 50k a week easily (finished fro start of summer to end went from 100k-350k just doing some simple auctions reguarly)
    new server: lucky to make 10k at the MOST; using the exact same methods etc (prospecting---->rings/necklase----DE---> scrolls, make some perfect gems too)

Take Home Message: Yes, I get what i'm doing is wrong, but you have to do what you have to do to stay within the pack, not ahead, but within, or else you're really just screwing yourself and wasting your time, because no one with alot of gold earned it rightfully(MOST of the time, of course nto true in every situation)
    Last edited by Fathme; 2012-11-13 at 03:23 AM.

within 1 month of DS being out, we had people unloading 200-300 epic red gems on tarren mill-eu, you could pop into trade and pick up 60+ epic red gems any time of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    within 1 month of DS being out, we had people unloading 200-300 epic red gems on tarren mill-eu, you could pop into trade and pick up 60+ epic red gems any time of the day.
    Individual selling isn't the subject, bulk is. 200 people can sell 200 items fine, it's those who dump stacks that is the issue.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    BTW, how's that sock drawer?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

2 pages and no actual proof on duping ?

Lots of accusations though

Proof?? Are you serious? It's a video game, the only proof out there is in Blizzards logs (if at all). Stop deviating from the issue at hand by questioning its very existence. Duping is alive and well, very document in countless websites and threads. We're not here to debeite whether it exists or not, we're here to debate what (if anything) can Blizzard do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Actually, no. If the seller has that many of those items, technically speaking he's a super duper.

I'll get my coat. No no really I'll see myself out, it's fine.
    Think we should have ended the thread at this post tbh

I play on KJ-US , and I have been seeing level 1s selling Vial of The Sands for 20k.....I mean you cant even make it for that??
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

So how are they duping exactly?
    I'm not asking so I can do it, I'm wondering how this is achieved considering I thought most all the important game data was stored client side for this very reason.

I'm not saying a level 1 isn't selling sketchy items, what I am saying though is where do you think all the items/gold go when someone's account gets hacked?
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.