View Poll Results: Elegon, Imperial Vizier Zor'lok, or old content?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elegon

    51 54.84%
  • Imperial Vizier Zor'lok

    40 43.01%
  • Achievements

    2 2.15%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    We 9 manned normal imperial the first night cause we were missing a raider, but if you can reach past 4-5 orb phases on Elegon, you should be fine doing Elegon. He drops weapons for a lot of melees and trinkets for other people. Those items might be worth picking up.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    ...He drops weapons for a lot of melees and trinkets for other people. Those items might be worth picking up.
    This. DPS sitting on 463 weapons WILL turn into a problem sooner or later, and the next available two hand for example drops off TotES last boss.
    Also will is dropping healer weapons + usefull trinkets.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust45 View Post
    Twice a week. About 3 hours the first night and 4 hours the second. A lot of that time (about an hour a night) is spent on break. We have smokers and mothers and people who just can't resist attacking horde at the summoning stone. XD

    It's cool. Most of us have know each other for years so plenty to talk about.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 11:23 PM ----------

    Well, at the moment, we have the dps to get to 85.5% with THREE protectors (and some of that is problems with awareness and learning fight). Obviously, we might need to hold off on Zor'lok. We do, however, have an awesome disc priest (me! ^^) so maybe sooner rather than later.
    Our guild raids nearly the exact amount of time as yours, and we have had some of the same problems of people not putting in the time to get the gear they need and learn their classes to the extent that is required in this raid tier.

    Elegon is NOT a hard dps check, it is an execution check, and you will find that once people are properly executing the fight, your raid's dps will improve. if your dps really is THAT bad then you may run into the enrage, but if they're that bad I'd assume that you won't make it that far in the first place. There are tons of good threads on elegon floating around the forums so I won't elaborate on strategy here.

    Zor'lok's difficulty comes almost entirely from force and verve. Attenuation is a joke to avoid - you might see a mistake here and there (even I died to it once due to misunderstanding how the bounce works) but overall its a non-issue. Force and Verve is very difficult depending on your healer composotion. As a disc priest it is probably laughable to be honest. Our druid struggled with it (druids have no burst AoE except for tranq on a 3m CD) but its not THAT bad, and we 3 shot the fight the first week with a priest and pally

  4. #24
    Seems to be almost equal if you look at statistics.
    Personally I would say Vizier is easier.

    Elegon: 11809 (41.60%)
    Imperial Vizier Zor'lok: 10828 (38.15%)

  5. #25
    Thanks for the great responses all! On a side note, what is up with the low vote count for Achievements O_o

    In any case, I will poll my raiders and make a decision then. At the moment, I am leaning towards achievements this week and Zor'lok the week after next (damn you Thanksgiving and your silly family time *fist in rage). This should let my two new raiders (hunter and healing pally) get their gear up to snuff and let the rest of my raiders finish some rep/sha gear. After Zor'lok and maybe Wind Lord, we will return for serious grinding on Elegon (if all goes well).

  6. #26
    You will have plenty of time to do achievements after the raiding is over.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you have the dps to get Elegon to 80% with two protectors, you will kill him within an hour of starting the boss.
    There's still a far bit to sort out after P1. Dps allocation on the charges, dps allocation on the pillars, add management, final phase survival. Many guilds will take more then an hour to sort all that out, even if they meet the unoffical dps check of P1.

    Our raid composition seemed to fit Zor'lok. Even w/o great P2 dps, we had copious amounts of raid CDs. We got Zor'lok down b/f Elegon, and in ~ 1/5 the number of attempts.

  8. #28
    I say go for Zor'lok, loot him, but don't proceed to Ta'yak but instead get rid of Elegon and the Will. You will ask me "Why?". Because Elegon and Will of the Emperor drops BiS weapons and trinkets for some classes. The upgrades to these weapons almost drop from the end bosses of HoF and Terrace, and without these weapons you shall be absolutely unable to reach the DPS requirement of those fights.

    Just few examples: Starshatter(DPS DK, Ret Paladin, DPS Warrior), Torch of the Celestial Spark(Cloth DPS), Fang Kung, Spark of Titans(Hunter), Tihan, Scepter of the Sleeping Emperor(Healers)

    You SHALL NEED these.

  9. #29
    I voted elegon.

    First of all as a few posters have said the loot from elegon(and emps) are far better than what you can get from zorlok, weapons/trinkets. And if your gear is around 463ilvl, the dps should not be a problem, with proper execution.

    You say you have 3 protectors @ 85%, how do you handle them? do you have the current offtank pick them up and place them under the boss(after ressting stack ofc) so your raid can cleave boss/protector? and then when its about to get low drag it out with melee dps'ing it down(they need to reset stacks any way) leaving ranged full time on boss only cleaving/dotting up protector? It does not seem like you spend that much time on elegon, we had troubles reaching the 80% with 2 protectors the first night on elegon, but after figuring out the cleave etc it became pretty easy, and we had many people that did not even have 463ilvl(25m)

    as others have mentioned zorlok last phase can be a problem if you already have DPS problems on elegon.
    Last edited by stX3; 2012-11-14 at 12:53 AM.

  10. #30
    If your healers think healing Elegon is hard then they didnt see Vizier.
    TBH we couldnt kill Elegon first 2 weeks, but with few upgrades from LFR, valor and nice DMF trinkets, we one shot him since then. Very easy boss when you have your tactics right, and you have nice bonus with boss after since Will of Emperror are just easy loot bags, I say go for Elegon.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    I voted elegon.

    First of all as a few posters have said the loot from elegon(and emps) are far better than what you can get from zorlok, weapons/trinkets. And if your gear is around 463ilvl, the dps should not be a problem, with proper execution.

    You say you have 3 protectors @ 85%, how do you handle them? do you have the current offtank pick them up and place them under the boss(after ressting stack ofc) so your raid can cleave boss/protector? and then when its about to get low drag it out with melee dps'ing it down(they need to reset stacks any way) leaving ranged full time on boss only cleaving/dotting up protector? It does not seem like you spend that much time on elegon, we had troubles reaching the 80% with 2 protectors the first night on elegon, but after figuring out the cleave etc it became pretty easy, and we had many people that did not even have 463ilvl(25m)

    as others have mentioned zorlok last phase can be a problem if you already have DPS problems on elegon.
    This was very helpful! I had looked at several guides to Elegon (clearly bad guides) but none mentioned this. As of our first night, we had told our melee (enhance and wind walker) to stay on boss for first add, reset stacks for second add by dpsing it. However, this makes much more sense! <3

    Yes, I would say that all of us are 463 or higher ilvl. Once again, casual guild comes into play. We don't kick people just because they are "a bit under" on the dps. However, my raiders are really cool people so I will look into talking to our lower dps about improving and we will try again following Thanksgiving.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust45 View Post
    This was very helpful! I had looked at several guides to Elegon (clearly bad guides) but none mentioned this. As of our first night, we had told our melee (enhance and wind walker) to stay on boss for first add, reset stacks for second add by dpsing it. However, this makes much more sense! <3

    Yes, I would say that all of us are 463 or higher ilvl. Once again, casual guild comes into play. We don't kick people just because they are "a bit under" on the dps. However, my raiders are really cool people so I will look into talking to our lower dps about improving and we will try again following Thanksgiving.
    Cleaving the adds down will improve your elegon damage significantly =) as well as the protector damage.

    I know as a mage the first protector usually spawns around the time i get my ignite stacked up, so when it gets pulled in i simply just Spread combustion to it and keep nuking boss, once its around 30% tank drags it out with melee team in its ass doing the rest of the dps. The first couple of times you might kill it too early because of all the dots etc but you should get a hang of it pretty quick.
    Then just go for 4x4 sparks, use your pots for that, your 10man so i dont know how you would do it, In 25man we split up the pot usage for 1st/2end sparks phases, so i would fx use my pot first time just as the 4th wave spawns, then in the next spark phase the 2 others on my spark would use theirs on 4th wave. In 10m i guess it is best used in the 2end spark phase on 4th wave, since the stacks are higher than in 1st phase, so you will have pots running for the 5th "nuke boss spark"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •