I try to kick BR players every chance I get jajajaja
I try to kick BR players every chance I get jajajaja
---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 08:46 PM ----------
I kid, i kid :P
i5 4690k @ 4.6Ghz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GFX 970 OC 4Gb Twin Frozr V | G.skill 1600mhz (OC @ 2133) Ripjaws X CL10 2x8Gb | Noctua NH-D14 |
Crucial MX100 128Gb | Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2Tb | Corsair CS650M | Zalman Z12 plus | Razer Naga Molten Edition | LG 24MP55HQ-P @ 74hz
The xenophobia here is staggering. As for using any online translator, they're unreliable at the best of times, never mind when you use ingame terminology and acronyms - trying to translate "res sickness" and "FYI" - and you're not seriously requesting that Blizzard develop an ingame translation tool capable of trumping Google's, are you?
If you're not prepared to accept that playing with people whom you aren't capable of communicating with, skill notwithstanding, queue with people from your own realm.
It works a lot better if you just think a bit before trying to translate. I altered your original message to:
Can you please activate defensive stance? For your information, warriors wear chainmail armor at your level (strength and stamina). Also, why do you have resurrection sickness?
Por favor você pode ativar postura defensiva? Para sua informação, os guerreiros usam armaduras cota de malha em seu nível (força e resistência). Além disso, por que você tem a doença ressurreição?
Please can you activate defensive posture? For your information, the warriors wear chainmail armor at your level (strength and endurance). Also, why do you have the resurrection sickness?
Suddenly it's perfectly understandable, with only small losses in grammar. All you have to do is pay attention to what you're saying and use correct grammar in your original message.
I made a thread about this on the forums, was trying to be calm and concise as possible - I received a 48 hour ban for racism.
I'm not sure Blizzard cares at all.
Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?
For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
Tziva ■ Darsithis ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
In most cases you only have to spam the name of the character/role and the spell you want them to use like "TANK, TAUNT" people should know what you want and act based on that. I know that theres a lot of places where it wont work (LFR Garalon Im sure) but in most cases it should do.
And please dont be insulted by people talking a different language near you, they're not invading your place or somthing like that, if Blizzard queues them up with you its their place as well.
Brazilian here, and really i don't even know where to start this post, but let's try.
- OP said that every time he groups with a brazilian, he feels the need to correct him, as if ALL of the brazilian player base were made of noobs and retarded people. Maybe he grouped with me several times and didn't notice, maybe he grouped with many english speaker brazilians and NEVER noticed. But when he groups with some fail ones, it means all brazilians are bad.
- I transfered to a brazilian realm and i have never seen pallies using agi gear, or rogues using int leather and stuff like that.
- I already played with many fail players from U.S. And never came here crying because of this.
- Most brazilians will get very upset if you try to speak in spanish with them, including me.
- I can't understand why ahuahuahauah "sounds" retarted, and stuff like "rofl", "lmao" does not
- If you join a random heroic, and by any chance you see that 3, or 4 of them are brazilian, don't expect them to speak english during the run. Really, you are there just to fill the group, and since they are probably friends, it would be not fun for them to speak english just because of a special snowflake.
- WoW came to Brazil last year, it means the game is now much cheaper and accessible for brazilians, since we don't need to have an international credit card to buy it, nor use dollar , but our own currency. So there are many starters, who are willing to learn about the game and have fun. Just like were during vanilla wow, when the majority of the player base were still learning about the game and there were noobs everywhere. I think its safe to say many of those starters are 12y/o kids, so don't expect them to speak english.
- And to finish, we here have a life.... huauhauhahuauhahuauhuhauhauhahua
Last edited by igualitarist; 2012-11-13 at 09:14 PM. Reason: grammar
Thank god EU servers aren't like that. Occasionally you have a douchy Dutch person (yes, most annoying people are Dutch. Might be because I understand them though.) or a Turk/Swede/Dane feeling he doesn't need to speak English, but those don't have their own server. In my battlegroup, there's only European servers and just one Portuguese (Aggra). These Portuguese people have never been as annoying as Dutchies or just speak their own language.
Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)
Friendsafari: Magneton, Forretress, Bronzong
It might just be me feeling drunk from the alcohol in the flu medication I'm taking (head spinning), but I swear this thread had a different name for the two previous days.
OT: I rarely notice them when I'm in heroics with them, probably because most of the time no one talks anyways. If I ever had a problem I'd probably just leave the group instead of trying to vote kick them. The issues I ran into with the Brazilian population were honestly much worse when I played Aion than during all my time on WoW.
It is NOT xenophobic to say people who don't speak English in raid groups creates insurmountable difficulties.
For example, as I stated in a different thread, I work in a completely customer service based job. I deal with people who come in who speak poor English, or no English as a weekly, and sometimes daily, occurance. At no point do I complain about them, or feel they should "learn English or leave," while they are trying to work with me to solve their problem. I will spend a ton more time (and payroll) trying to use different words and phrasing, and even guestures and pictures, to get to an understanding with people with different languages, and have even taken my time and money to learn Spanish, as this is the most common language I encounter.
Am I then a xenophobe for being intolerant of the non-English speakers who come into my workplace, and resort to hostility when the staff cannot understand them, after doing everything they can to try and help? No.
And, just as in WoW, there's every bit the same amount of hostiles I throw out that speak English.
It's still frustrating to have a game - which you pay for for entertainment - throw you in these situations, and then call you racists on top of it. "Your tank keeps standing in shit, and can't understand you when you try and help? Shut up and deal with it, you racist" just seems like bad business...
I would give full support for a brazilian only battlegroup, CRZ or dungeon queues (maybe even latin only). But i don't see this happening in a short run.
---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:32 PM ----------
Yes, it makes the difference, but thats not my point.
Last edited by igualitarist; 2012-11-13 at 09:34 PM.
Problem is, Latin America and Brazilian servers need to queue with American servers, or else the queues could not be fulfilled.
Most Brazilians I play with can speak english with no problem. Sometimes you don't even realize they are Portuguese speakers.
Also, there are some great braizlian players. Tough, I have to agree that some of them are really terri-bad. Not that this matters too much, Pandaria heroic are quite easy even with a clueless player.