Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    477

    Angry LA Realms in the NA Queue

    Ok, I agree that everyone should have a chance to play the game, but can we please for the love of god get some kind of in-game translation service or have them queued up with their own region?

    This is my attempt to tell the tank
    "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

    Here's what it produced in translate
    Por favor você pode mudar a postura defensiva? Apenas um FYI guerreiros usam e-mail para o seu nível de força e resistência e por que você tem doença res

    If you translate that back:
    Please can you change a defensive posture? Just an FYI warriors use e-mail for your level of strength and endurance and you have disease res

    Every time I get grouped with Brazilian players, I have to attempt to translate through Google and tell them something. I don't know how new the game is there or what the issue is, but I feel like as a culture, they're trolling us.

    Also: There is a greed button -_- I've noticed that they hit need on everything. This is just MY experience from dungeon leveling several different characters. Perhaps everyone else has a different experience and a pleasant one at that with Brazilian players.

  2. #2
    how come mail turned into e-mail in google translator?? lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome nachoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado!
    Posts
    558
    the translation was pretty funny. I lol'd pretty hard reading it.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

  4. #4
    why do you post this on mmo-champ and not on blizzards forum ?

  5. #5
    It got worse in google translate for me.
    I put in yours "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

    It put out "¿Podría el cambio a la postura defensiva? Just an FYI Warriors llevar correo a su nivel de fuerza y ​​resistencia y por qué usted tiene enfermedad de res?"

    Once more through and I got "Could the change to defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors carry mail on their level of strength and endurance, and why you have beef disease?

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezuki View Post
    It got worse in google translate for me.
    I put in yours "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

    It put out "¿Podría el cambio a la postura defensiva? Just an FYI Warriors llevar correo a su nivel de fuerza y ​​resistencia y por qué usted tiene enfermedad de res?"

    Once more through and I got "Could the change to defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors carry mail on their level of strength and endurance, and why you have beef disease?
    Lol yeah, that one is pretty funny. "Why you have beef disease" killed me.

    The only way I'll ever to be able to communicate with them is to go back to school and pay attention in Bi-lingual or pick up Rosetta Stone Portuguese.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Ok, I agree that everyone should have a chance to play the game, but can we please for the love of god get some kind of in-game translation service or have them queued up with their own region?

    This is my attempt to tell the tank
    "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

    Here's what it produced in translate
    Por favor você pode mudar a postura defensiva? Apenas um FYI guerreiros usam e-mail para o seu nível de força e resistência e por que você tem doença res

    If you translate that back:
    Please can you change a defensive posture? Just an FYI warriors use e-mail for your level of strength and endurance and you have disease res

    Every time I get grouped with Brazilian players, I have to attempt to translate through Google and tell them something. I don't know how new the game is there or what the issue is, but I feel like as a culture, they're trolling us.

    Also: There is a greed button -_- I've noticed that they hit need on everything. This is just MY experience from dungeon leveling several different characters. Perhaps everyone else has a different experience and a pleasant one at that with Brazilian players.
    Yea I made a thread like this a week ago. It's getting really outta hand. Although I didn't attempt the google translate thing which is hilarious anyways. Someone told me they were going to fix this but so far nothing and it's aggravating.

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,685
    Because there are fewer of them and fewer realms. If they did not q with us there q times would go into hours.

    Best advice? Deal with it!
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  9. #9
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,531
    Im sure Brasilians are none too pleased about getting stuck with English speakers in their queues.

    I don't know why people always act like one side is invading "their" LFD. Both groups have just as much right to be there and if anyone is in the wrong, it's Blizzard for merging them together.

    That said, while communication can be useful, I find it is largely unnecessary in five mans. Even in groups where people speak english, groups are usually totally silent anyway.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Im sure Brasilians are none too pleased about getting stuck with English speakers in their queues.

    I don't know why people always act like one side is invading "their" LFD. Both groups have just as much right to be there and if anyone is in the wrong, it's Blizzard for merging them together.

    That said, while communication can be useful, I find it is largely unnecessary in five mans. Even in groups where people speak english, groups are usually totally silent anyway.
    Hey Tziva, did you draw your avatar picture? I laugh every time I see your Avatar! Its a hilarious dino. They need to make a battle pet that looks like that.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    why do you post this on mmo-champ and not on blizzards forum ?
    Like with so many of us, we're permanently banned. That's why.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Like with so many of us, we're permanently banned. That's why.
    I can't blame blizz for banning you and I can't believe your account is still active here.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  13. #13
    Just to let you know: they speak portuguese not spanish

    Edit: misread /sigh

    Oh well, not saying they are bad but...most of them (at least the ones I've seen) are bad in games like HoN. Most of them are ok at level 90 (at a lower level I'm always like "oh god why").
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2012-11-13 at 12:02 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Because there are fewer of them and fewer realms. If they did not q with us there q times would go into hours.

    Best advice? Deal with it!
    Just don't heal them. Problem solved.

  15. #15
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hey Tziva, did you draw your avatar picture? I laugh every time I see your Avatar! Its a hilarious dino. They need to make a battle pet that looks like that.
    Yes, thanks!
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Because there are fewer of them and fewer realms. If they did not q with us there q times would go into hours.

    Best advice? Deal with it!
    "Deal with it!"

    You should be President of the United States.

    "Mr. President, what do we do about this? The people are starting to become upset."
    "Tell them to deal with it."

    We shouldn't have to try to work around a language barrier or learn a new language just to communicate in 5 mans.

    Yes, I agree that in most 5 man cases, communication isn't needed but after doing countless dungeon leveling on countless characters (3 this expansion alone), I can say that communicating with them IS necessary to make the dungeon less of a headache and to just get it done.

    You know, simple things like: "you're not a tank, turn off righteous fury" "You can't use that, why did you need it?" "You're a prot Warrior, you use Defensive stance." "Why do you have res sickness." "Death Knights probably shouldn't replace their starting gear with clor or +intellect items."

    That's just a small tidbit of things I would have liked to said in these groups.

  17. #17
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Just don't heal them. Problem solved.
    Or you could just do the run? I have done many heroics with Brazilian realms and never had a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    "Deal with it!"

    You should be President of the United States.

    "Mr. President, what do we do about this? The people are starting to become upset."
    "Tell them to deal with it."

    We shouldn't have to try to work around a language barrier or learn a new language just to communicate in 5 mans.

    Yes, I agree that in most 5 man cases, communication isn't needed but after doing countless dungeon leveling on countless characters (3 this expansion alone), I can say that communicating with them IS necessary to make the dungeon less of a headache and to just get it done.

    You know, simple things like: "you're not a tank, turn off righteous fury" "You can't use that, why did you need it?" "You're a prot Warrior, you use Defensive stance." "Why do you have res sickness." "Death Knights probably shouldn't replace their starting gear with clor or +intellect items."

    That's just a small tidbit of things I would have liked to said in these groups.
    And... you missed the point that they would have hour + q's if they didn't q with us. So they are here to stay so like i said. Deal with it!
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  18. #18
    I've only ran into a few non-English speakers in LFDs... normally it's not too bad. Sometimes they're silent the whole run then right before they leave there is something very angry in Spanish / Portuguese.

    Side note; some of the people complaining about not being able to read what they're saying need to take a look at their own English. >.>

  19. #19
    "every time when ther's a brazilian" ?

    Perhaps I once was in your group... and you probably didn't even notice.

    Don't generalize

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezuki View Post
    It got worse in google translate for me.
    I put in yours "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

    It put out "¿Podría el cambio a la postura defensiva? Just an FYI Warriors llevar correo a su nivel de fuerza y ​​resistencia y por qué usted tiene enfermedad de res?"
    that's spanish /facepalm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •