Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    lol you should play aion, and see how many brazilians you have on your server. I swear, half the server is Brazilian.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

I went from:
    Can you please change to defensive stance? Just so you know, warriors wear mail at your level with strength. And why do you have resurrection sickness?

To:
    Por favor você pode mudar a postura defensiva? Só para você saber, os guerreiros usam e-mail para o seu nível de força. E por que você tem a doença ressurreição?

Back to:
    Please can you change a defensive posture? Just so you know, the warriors use e-mail for your strength level. And why do you have the resurrection sickness?

Touch better of a translation. Remove the "e-" and it's fairly decent. Translators don't understand things like FYI and res so I suggest avoid using them if you wish to use a translator. This is where it helps not to use abbreviations or netspeak and use proper grammar. Otherwise, all you do is confuse yourself and the person you're trying to talk to.

You also have 2 other options:
    1.) Run with guildmates and friends only.
    2.) Learn Portuguese.

Deleted
    Being Portuguese myself, I have played with Brazilian players in EU realms in the last 5 years. Had a pleasant experience, but in some cases not so much, so I can relate with the OP's concern, somewhat.

But it is true, Google Translator plain sucks when in comes to translate to Portuguese, either Portuguese from Portugal, or the more common, Brazilian Portuguese.
    I actually translate every language used in EU pugs to English, and them translate it mentally to Portuguese because of how bad Gtranslator is.
    I believe Spanish is also another language which Gtranslator is not very reliable to translate, either.

If you try to use it, and you will pass for a fool. People might make a mockery out of you.
    It doesn't help that the Portuguese Client, which is probably the one Brazilians use the most, was made by a brainless chimpanzee hired by Blizzard, so some terms do not translate to their proper correspondent: Stamina, per example should translate to "Estamina" ou "Vida" (Life).
    Instead, in the BR client, Stamina=Vigor.
    Google Translator doesn't get it right, either. There, Stamina= Energia (Energy). I mean... wtf?

So most likely, the Brazilian players won't even know what you are talking about.

Use Gtranslator with caution, with basic phrases. And have patience. Lots of it.

All multiplayer video games should separate people based on language imo. It only makes sense. Teamwork requires communication. Communication requires the ability to understand one another.

And you can say "but you dont NEED to talk to them, i run dungeons all the time and no one ever says a word". And that can be true a lot, but not always. And besides, it's also like saying we don't need the ability to chat in game at all. And if you don't want to talk to or interact with people in the first place, you shouldn't be playing a multiplayer game.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Hi, I'm a brazilian player and I think I can help you.
    The game was released in portuguese, the lenguage of Brazil, in december last year (11/2011), before of that most os brazilian players was playing in warsong realm, and was the ones that know how to speak eanglish, or most of them know. Now there's 4 brazilians realms, in the same battlegroup that the latin countrys like mexico. Most of them are new to the game and most of time don't have good examples in their realms, or guilds, I play in the most populated brazilian PVE realm and I know how the things are going, and they are starting to get better, they only need a good guidance.

Deleted
    Why do only Americans have foreign realms in their Queue :/

I'd trade with you any day (granted that they're not ALL that noob as the one mentioned in the OP)

(and yes, I did enjoy the PTR's I could play on )

Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    Why do only Americans have foreign realms in their Queue :/
    Because they are the only one that have problems with it (so it stands out)

In EU you have "foreigners" in everything. Aside from the dedicated languages (German,French,Spanish,Italian) all other players play on English realms, yet you dont see many complains from EU how it is possible that someone on ENG realm/Queue doesnt speak english.

And for EU - dont transfer to DrakThul with free transfers unless you speak CZ/SK

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all BR players are bad... but good lord, the majority of them who ARE bad are horrible. I cringe inwardly when I see someone from Tol Barad or Gallywix in a group. The majority of the time, their behavior and complete lack of cluefulness justifies it. There's the guy trying to tank dungeons at 85 while for some godforsaken reason wearing agility mail as a paladin. Or the rogue in level 70 BG's wearing level 30 caster gear jumping around in circles before the BG starts, spamming 'ne1 BR?'

Then again, I've run into similar problems with other non-English-speaking players. The crowd of Singapore kids from Jubei'thos comes to mind. Unfortunately 'deal with it' is really all we CAN do. I find 'stop healing and let them die until they get mad and leave or can be kicked' to be an effective method of dealing with the bad ones.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like playing on Oceanic server, the major language is English, but we there is a massive Indo, SG and even Chinese population on these servers. Just need to get used to it dude.

this is an American game, we all know that... we brazilians used to play in warsong/gurubashi servers... at that time only few ppl didnt know nothing of english, and when it did happen, the player could try to not apear to be dumb....

now that we have our servers.. with game client in portuguese( i still play with the english client) some of them just dont care to know basis english commands... its not important to them....

Brazilians server doesnt have enough ppl to have a battle group just for us...

and some brazilians hate when ppl try to speak spanish with them ( i personally hate) , it is a common error think that all latin ameria speaks spanish(actually just brazil and some other 2 countrys dont)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    This thread makes me facepalm at americans a bit...

1. The language of Brazil is Portugese, not Brazilian
    2. Yup. Deal with it? People in european realms have absolutely no problems having proper groups running where there are like dozens of different languages. Most guilds are even international guilds of multiple nationalities.
    well I wouldn't say "absolutely no problem" on EU realms. I was quite often witness of hate when people spoke different language in a dungeon, calling people wookies, or aliens, and stuff like that. On trade channel there is also much hate, when people post their recruitment messages in their language, and some moron always yells "this is english speaking server, yada yaada"

Quote Originally Posted by Bezuki View Post
    It got worse in google translate for me.
    I put in yours "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

It put out "¿Podría el cambio a la postura defensiva? Just an FYI Warriors llevar correo a su nivel de fuerza y ​​resistencia y por qué usted tiene enfermedad de res?"

Once more through and I got "Could the change to defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors carry mail on their level of strength and endurance, and why you have beef disease?
    That's Spanish.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oozaoru View Post
    and some brazilians hate when ppl try to speak spanish with them ( i personally hate) , it is a common error think that all latin ameria speaks spanish(actually just brazil and some other 2 countrys dont)
    I hate a Brazilian guildmate years ago who was teasing me for something and I asked her what part of Mexico Brazil was in. She stopped.

Has anyone else noticed how brazilian tanks suck horribly and the group then is just the worst experience ever?! The tank in my group couldn't speak english but yet when I told him to keep aggro because everyone kept dying he kept going of in chat saying "blah blah blah Pixxi" ect. So he understood obviously what I was saying >_> there def needs to be an automatic translator or something or just go play on your own regional server if you don't understand english....
    Last edited by abreen28; 2012-11-13 at 03:00 PM.

Had an experience with some fine Brazilian (sarcasm) players just last night. None spoke english, but when I tried communicating they had a firm enough grasp of english language to respons with 'stfu'.

I left, and requeued.

Deleted
    huehuehue

its like in all games guys....sadly.

Every time I've played with a Brazilian, it's been an absolute nightmare.
    As an EU player I don't have that problem on WoW, but I imagine it's like getting grouped with Russians in DotA2.

They need to separate the Brazilian servers from the rest of the world. Just put them on an island.

In every single LFD with brazilians it's been a god damn nightmare. Yes, always Brazilian players.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying... Enough is enough! You've had it with these motherbleepin Brazillians in your motherbleepin queue?

Everybody strap in and open up some windows, I'd say.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Are you saying... Enough is enough! You've had it with these motherbleepin Brazillians in your motherbleepin queue?

Everybody strap in and open up some windows, I'd say.
    no more samba for you my friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    no more samba for you my friend
    It is sad day to be dancing dwarf.