Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    most of them are like the plague.. whenever i see them from their said realms(barthilas, alexstraza, quel thalas, ragnaros) and some of the chinese realms.. the best solution is just to kick them immediatly imo. they need on everything, they afk half the time, they just ramble some gibberish in spanish no one can understand.. they play the game like Stevie Wonder does

Blizz should just link all the mexican realms together so they can Q with each other, im sure they'd be much happier as well.. so its in their interest as well as ours.
    imo it would make everyone much happier. and i'd post this on the blizz forums too but they just dont care. they are more into posting automated replies on how much they can communicate with ..brazilians and how they miraciously taught them how to tank properly and not suck within a single dungeon. (lol ya right).

following short of linking their realms together.. just a translator would be slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Like with so many of us, we're permanently banned. That's why.
    This is the reason I post here. Blizzard spends more time deleting posts than reading them, I think they have some level of automation which bans on key words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    most of them are like the plague.. whenever i see them from their said realms(barthilas, alexstraza, quel thalas, ragnaros) and some of the chinese realms.. the best solution is just to kick them immediatly imo. they need on everything, they afk half the time, they just ramble some gibberish in spanish no one can understand.. they play the game like Stevie Wonder does

Blizz should just link all the mexican realms together so they can Q with each other, im sure they'd be much happier as well.. so its in their interest as well as ours.
    imo it would make everyone much happier. and i'd post this on the blizz forums too but they just dont care. they are more into posting automated replies on how much they can communicate with ..brazilians and how they miraciously taught them how to tank properly and not suck within a single dungeon. (lol ya right).

following short of linking their realms together.. just a translator would be slightly better.
    And once again people again show how ignorant they are to discriminate between spanish/portuguese.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    And once again people again show how ignorant they are to discriminate between spanish/portuguese.
    Exactly what i was thinking.

"Blizz should just link all the mexican realms together so they can Q with each other, im sure they'd be much happier as well.."
    Yeah, all mexicans.

They should stopping queuing us with those people that speak "AMERICAN".

Brazilian players are like any other player in the world realy (Im Brazilian btw but dont play on a Brazilian server cause I missed the free xfers lol) there are good players, bad players, trols, completly umbeliavably stupid players, ninja looters, polite players, fun players and wahtnot. Every single nationality have them its not diferent for Brazilians.

Now the language barrier is aproblem but thats kinda blizzard fault since the Brazilians servers q with the US ones, you cant realy blame a Brazilian guy for not knowing English when hes playing on a Brazil only server. But that translation is funny the e-mail part cracked me up. Also Brazil speaks Portuguese for Gods sake there are ppl that still think its Spanish...
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2012-11-13 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    most of them are like the plague.. whenever i see them from their said realms(barthilas, alexstraza, quel thalas, ragnaros) and some of the chinese realms.. the best solution is just to kick them immediatly imo. they need on everything, they afk half the time, they just ramble some gibberish in spanish no one can understand..
    So, have you found some Brazilians players rambling in Spanish, or do you think Portuguese is the same language as Spanish?
    This is not like British English and American English that are the same language, but with different accents.
    Portuguese and Spanish ARE indeed different languages. Fact.

Blizz should just link all the Mexican realms together so they can Q with each other, im sure they'd be much happier as well.. so its in their interest as well as ours.
    And now why are you speaking about Mexicans? I thought this thread was about Brazilians.
    Unless you think anything below than Texas = Mexico
    /facepalm
    Last edited by mmoc0e82c355ee; 2012-11-13 at 04:55 PM.

imo it would make everyone much happier. and i'd post this on the blizz forums too but they just dont care.
    Dude your post reads a little "hate filled". Mexican realms ? I'm sure you meant Latin America and I'm sure "most" are not like the Plague. Posting in such a way is a pretty good guarantee to have Blizzard ignore a post and if you do post and tell them they don't care, what kind of response are you expecting back ?

Uhm... Hello, I play in Ragnaros (Latin American realm, and I'm NOT mexican), and I happen to find people like you more often than I'd like to. Not everyone acts that way, and I'm very sure that US players do exactly the same.
    Why kick them immediatly? Let them at least TRY, I have met plenty of good and bad players from different realms, I could say the worst kind of players I've met were from Illidan (US), which is funny considering there are very good players there too, but that doesn't mean it'll be the same with every player from certain realm.

You know that "Latin American" does not mean "Mexican" only, right? There's a shit ton of players from other countries playing there as well.
    Also, we already were grouped with only Latin American realms once, and the queue times were awful, and we were NOT happy to be queued with only Latin American realms, it was a terrible experience.

If it makes you feel better, every time I get into a group with English and Spanish speaking people, I try to help both to understand each other, it's not that hard to try to be helpful once in a while, instead of fighting over what language they should be speaking to say whatever they want (usually US players say we should speak English, and we think they could also try to learn Spanish, not really hard either).

It's funny, yesterday was honestly the 1st time I'd seen BR's act like Dbags. I was in a pug and this one knew just enough English to insult everyone else over and over (mind you, in a fucked up broken english way). I was almost done the dungeon and was thinking what a bunch of assholes, they role need on friggin everything for gods sake. Then something dropped that I needed, and the funniest thing happened. As soon as I rolled need (I was the 1st one to roll)...all 4 of them passed...! I couldn't keep quiet and said "TY all". they all said you're welcome (or something to that effect). I'm not judging anyone in this thread for thinking the way they do. Honest! But I felt like a huge jerk once I realized they weren't actually bad people, there were just some differences in how they do things compared to how we do things. I think anyone can be a bit jaded when it comes to race as it's an obvious disparity in who we are as people. But you CAN be surprised sometimes if you are just patient! I know I was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.
    In EU servers, even in English battlegroups, I have played with Polish, loads of Swedes, Danish, Norwegians, a few Germans here and there, Italians, and Romanian ones, in randoms, not to mention, Greeks. There are so many nationalities and different languages it is impossible to communicate with them all. Pretty much all possible nationalities in Europe.

What languages you might face, while playing in the US realms? A majority of English speaking persons, some latinos speaking in Spanish and a few Brazilians? That's 3 languages, at most, or 4, if you encounter a lost French Canadian.
    Yes, I was serious and I very very very rarely come by people that don't speak English. Some speak their own language, and then I just tell them, no tot expect me to understand (that way important stuff will be said in English or they won't whine if they forgot to speak English)

And in that very rare case someone just talks a different language? <my brain> translate (sucks 99% of the time), or google translate; otherwise vote to kick/pause the run.

Some things are also quite easily communicated like "!" for mb, or "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" for mb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it at least will draw attention and/or alert them something is the matter. The mana-problem is theirs to figure out

*it's not failsafe, of course, but else it wouldn't have the fun challenge-y feel I kick on ^^

Well... Every single e-translator would suck for portuguese..
    If you sum up every single grammar rule for english and compare it to portuguese, it would match 1/3 of portuguese's.

You can rely on the google translator, if your goal is to translate one single word, or a noun with adjectives.. But I doubt you will ever find a translator that can apply every grammar rule on portuguese..

Now with your problem.. If you want to, I'm willing to help you in-game with this, you can PM me and will send u my realID, so everytime you need to tell a brazilian something, you can whisp me and I'll try to translate that for you. I said try because I'm a WoW player since 2005, so I got used to the game being in english and I didn't even download the portuguese language pack.

I'm sorry if you had a bad experience in playing with a greedy brazilian, but I can assure you we are not all like that... I know of our fame in "taking advantage in every possible way", but not everyone is like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston Maxtor View Post
    Lost?

Am I unaware of some rule against some North Americans playing on US servers?
    Nah. One of my best WoW friends is a French Canadian, and he's actually very good and a decent guy. He does occasionally forget the rest of us don't speak French, but he almost always apologizes after the blank stare and the 'Sorry, what?' XD
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be careful with the blanket generalisations, guys.

Aside from being dangerously close to "nation bashing," let's remember that Brasil is an enormous and diverse country and it's going to be pretty inaccurate to generalise anything about the entire population.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

You can always learn Portuguese instead of expecting them to know English.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    You can always learn Portuguese instead of expecting them to know English.
    Portuguese is not even 1/1000 as useful to know as English; complete waste of time for us to learn, huge benefit for them to learn English.

Foreign language servers should only play with themselves.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason there are so many bad Brazilians in WoW is that the LARGE majority of WoW sites that help you with your class/character/spec are in English, and unlike the US and parts of Europe, a lot of people in Brazil don't speak English. When they try to translate the page online, it gets horribly lost in translation.

Example. For a Shadow Priest:

"Haste is your main stat, followed by spirit and hit until you are hit capped, followed by mastery, and lastly, crit rating."

into Portuguese, becomes:

"Haste is your status page, followed by the spirit and beat until you are hit capped, followed by domain, and lastly, crit rating."

That's the issue.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Portuguese is not even 1/1000 as useful to know as English; complete waste of time for us to learn, huge benefit for them to learn English.

Foreign language servers should only play with themselves.
    It might not be representative of the WoW player demographic, but Portuguese is the sixth most common language spoken worldwide. English might still be more practically useful due to its frequent use commercially, in media and the internet, but to say it is a thousand times more useful and that Portuguese would be a waste of time to learn is a little hyperbolic.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It might not be representative of the WoW player demographic, but Portuguese is the sixth most common language spoken worldwide. English might still be more practically useful due to its frequent use commercially, in media and the internet, but to say it is a thousand times more useful and that Portuguese would be a waste of time to learn is a little hyperbolic.
    ^This
    And Portuguese is actually a very useful language to know... at least as a translator, there are many documents to translate <3 and they pay very well.

I think I screwed something up with what I thought was an accidental multi-post and then deleting it... so reposting and hopefully not a multipost or duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Let's be careful with the blanket generalisations, guys.

Aside from being dangerously close to "nation bashing," let's remember that Brasil is an enormous and diverse country and it's going to be pretty inaccurate to generalise anything about the entire population.
    Is there any issue with personal observations labeled as such? I feel like I should be able to say that in my personal experience I keep a -very- close eye on what servers people are from when I run dungeons, and the overwhelming majority of BRs are absolutely terrible, without it being hammered as being a generalization... because if that's what I'm seeing then that's what I'm seeing. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    "every time when ther's a brazilian" ?

Perhaps I once was in your group... and you probably didn't even notice.

Don't generalize

My recount says "Name - BR server"

Every time I see this, and I have recount up fulltime, and look at it regularly, it's not a confirmation bias, it's every single BR player I've PERSONALLY encountered is a terribad.

I really wish the handful of BRs who aren't morons wouldn't instantly come into threads like this getting all defensive when there's no way you can't know that BR servers on average are much much worse than any other server.

Like I cannot overstate how much more frequently I'm encountering BR servers (Maybe some LA too?) now, versus during Cata. During cata it was once in a blue moon, during MoP it's like 50% of my dungeons have at least one BR, if not more. If I see more than one I insta-leave group. They tend to be extremely bad players, with terrible gear, and either refuse to communicate or simply -can't-.

It may not be explicitly their fault that there's a language barrier but that's not my problem and it's certainly not -my- fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Is there any issue with personal observations labeled as such? I feel like I should be able to say that in my personal experience I keep a -very- close eye on what servers people are from when I run dungeons, and the overwhelming majority of BRs are absolutely terrible, without it being hammered as being a generalization... because if that's what I'm seeing then that's what I'm seeing. Right?
    Personal experience is fine, the danger is in extrapolating it to all Brasilian players. "I have grouped with some terrible BR players" is fine. "Brasilian players are terrible" is not.

My comment wasn't directed at any one poster or comment, but more of a warning to make sure people check themselves before posting.

| twitch | bsky
    |