Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston Maxtor View Post
    Rather than make blanket generalizations, you might want to learn that the need/greed etiquette on BoE's and Lockboxes, ect are typically different for servers. I have played on servers where the common action is to need on those things, and played on another where it was common to greed. Since there seems to be an etiquette rule against needing to wear BoEs even if they're upgrades, it tends to make no difference as long as everyone hits he same button.
    Needing on a BoE item - green, blue or purple - in a LFD group makes it BoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezuki View Post
    It got worse in google translate for me.
    I put in yours "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

It put out "¿Podría el cambio a la postura defensiva? Just an FYI Warriors llevar correo a su nivel de fuerza y ​​resistencia y por qué usted tiene enfermedad de res?"

Once more through and I got "Could the change to defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors carry mail on their level of strength and endurance, and why you have beef disease?
    This is going off topic, but can we please try to get a movement to make "why you have beef disease?" a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Needing on a BoE item - green, blue or purple - in a LFD group makes it BoP.
    This doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I don't know whether they just didn't implement that for the new Mists dungeons or they removed it for all of them, but I've noticed in Pandaria that 'need' rolls no longer bind the item.

A BoE epic dropped in a heroic the other day, I rolled 'need' since it was actually a huge upgrade. I was shocked to find it didn't bind automatically when I won. I actually commented on it in the group -- I was with a PuG and didn't want them to think I was some kind of ninja -- and several of them confirmed that, yeah, they don't bind anymore.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    And... you missed the point that they would have hour + q's if they didn't q with us. So they are here to stay so like i said. Deal with it!
    Oceanic realms would like a word with you, I played on there for a few years and still do today, they get their own queues with their servers. I'm pretty sure there's a load of Brazilians as the majority of Raid Finder groups seem to have BR realms so them having their own queues is very possible, they won't get hour queue times that's just ridiculous.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also when using google translate you might want to use full words. Saying "res sickness" would screw anyone who doesn't play wow, never mind a translator.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, based on the number of BR players I encounter on a daily basis, I think that they would be just fine with their own queues. Over half of my raid finder was from Latin American realms.

And yes, there are some good players on Latin American realms. Out of the 90 or so I've played with in randoms, around 5 or so were truly skilled, and maybe 3-4 were decent. The rest were "need on everything, wear the wrong type of gear, get outdpsed by the healer, and die constantly to fire".
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

OH MY GOD, Brazilians invading MY GAME ?

Guess what, we have basic english in our schools, our radios play american music, even our movies are 99% (if not more) american... why people dont want to go beyond the basic elementary school english to communicate with people in a online game, its their own damn fault.
    Most brazilian players know pretty well how to communicate in english, ffs we played this game in english for years (a lot of people still do, myself included)... so please dont generalize.
    My guess is: youve played with far more Brazilians than you think, but you just noticed the bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Honestly, based on the number of BR players I encounter on a daily basis, I think that they would be just fine with their own queues. Over half of my raid finder was from Latin American realms.

And yes, there are some good players on Latin American realms. Out of the 90 or so I've played with in randoms, around 5 or so were truly skilled, and maybe 3-4 were decent. The rest were "need on everything, wear the wrong type of gear, get outdpsed by the healer, and die constantly to fire".
    and as a mod you shouldn't be encouraging a country bashing thread; btw why is this thread still open ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the LFD tool is no longer limited to battlegroups, but for some reason on my Horde server I get a ton of BR players (maybe around 30% of all PuGs), but I veeeery rarely see them on my Alliance. Not quite sure why.

I haven't really noticed any kind of significant difference in skill. That's not to say most Brasilian realms have resulted in good PuGs for me, so much as that I don't really see a huge amount of skilled English PuGs, either. My general LFD experience can be summed up as "most people suck, but it rarely matters." This is true regardless of faction or server or language or class.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Out of the 90 or so I've played with in randoms, around 5 or so were truly skilled, and maybe 3-4 were decent. The rest were "need on everything, wear the wrong type of gear, get outdpsed by the healer, and die constantly to fire".
    Just musing now, but I wonder if this is because the realms are new. Many of us probably could have been described this way in vanilla, because we were still learning the game (both mechanically and socially, while now we have years of experience to build off of. I wonder how many of these players are new to the game entirely and if many Brasilian players who do have the skill and experience people expect just stayed on the original English servers they rolled on, where no one would ever know.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    OH MY GOD, Brazilians invading MY GAME ?

Guess what, we have basic english in our schools, our radios play american music, even our movies are 99% (if not more) american... why people dont want to go beyond the basic elementary school english to communicate with people in a online game, its their own damn fault.
    Most brazilian players know pretty well how to communicate in english, ffs we played this game in english for years (a lot of people still do, myself included)... so please dont generalize.
    My guess is: youve played with far more Brazilians than you think, but you just noticed the bad ones.

and as a mod you shouldn't be encouraging a country bashing thread; btw why is this thread still open ?

Cause it's a valid discussion point.

I'm sorry that you're overly defensive about your country of origin/nationality ... but I mean, really, if someone's experience is that the overwhelming majority of their interactions with a particular group of people tend to be bad, or that they observe that a certain percentage of people they encounter from a specific subset of servers tend to be bad players ... why are you suggesting they be silenced or their opinions invalidated just because your opinion differs?

im not br im not from US but i agree with some post...
    youve played with far more Brazilians than you think, but you just noticed the bad ones.
    also ibeen in queue with english people maybe canadian or from the US and some people really suck...
    so just deal with it...

As a Brazilian myself i can tell you that you have played with a lot of good brazilian players, just didn´t noticed!!!

There are lots of good progression brazilian guilds in wow (check in wowprogress)

Lots of brazilian players are familiar with english and playing since Vanilla, like me. We were spread in many US servers like warsong, gurubashi, aerial peak, kel´thuzad etc.

Most of those players understand english very well and act like a regular american players.

Last year with the creation of a portuguese client all brazilian account merged to the new portuguese servers (Nemesis - PVP, Azralon-PVP, Goldrin-PVE, TolBarad-PVP and Gallywix-PVE). Also new kind of player was introduce to the game: those who only speak portuguese (witch are concentrated in TolBarad and Gallywix).

Most of those new players are clueless newbies who are just starting to play as you once did (there are also trolls, kids, idiots, etc) .

Instead of trying to blame them for all your raid problems try to be more positive An advice, next time try use simple commands like :" [player name] your gear = wrong."

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm Brazilian and I rarely see another brazilian anywhere.
    Bad luck I guess, for you that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Damire View Post
    im not br im not from US but i agree with some post...
    youve played with far more Brazilians than you think, but you just noticed the bad ones.
    also ibeen in queue with english people maybe canadian or from the US and some people really suck...
    so just deal with it...

I take just as much exception to this as you seem to take for being told that some people's experience is that "BRs are bad".

See, here's the thing.

I can tell you that for an absolute certainty, in my experience, the following:

1) I watch my recount like a hawk, and habitually mouse over people's nameplates at the start of every dungeon to ensure that no one in the group is from my server before I steal gear they want or something else douchey that I should avoid doing.
    2) I know all the LA and BR servers by name, and I specifically watch for them because I'll leave if there's more than one or maybe two depending on the content and my gear level/ability to carry their fail.

All you can tell me is that your opinion is that you personally feel it's likely that I've played with more BRs than I realize and that you think that if I'm observing an above-average amount of bad BRs it's because of a confirmation bias.

Except my issue with this is that only one of us has any insight into my personal experiences. Me.

Telling me that I don't personally observe the majority of players from BR servers to be bad players is just as ridiculous as me trying to assert that most of your interactions with players from BR servers are bad. I'm not you, how could I possibly know?

You're not me. How could you possibly know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Telling me that I don't personally observe the majority of players from BR servers to be bad players is just as ridiculous as me trying to assert that most of your interactions with players from BR servers are bad. I'm not you, how could I possibly know?

You're not me. How could you possibly know?
    He's pointing out that a lot of Brasilian players do not play on BR realms, since those are new and they began playing before they existed. There would be no way for you to know any of those older players were in fact from Brasil. Since you're unaware of them, you're excluding them from your experience and many of them could be very good players.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Cause it's a valid discussion point.
    I'm sorry that you're overly defensive about your country of origin/nationality ... but I mean, really, if someone's experience is that the overwhelming majority of their interactions with a particular group of people tend to be bad, or that they observe that a certain percentage of people they encounter from a specific subset of servers tend to be bad players ... why are you suggesting they be silenced or their opinions invalidated just because your opinion differs?
    he queues with more brazilians than he thinks; believe me when I say he just noticed the bad ones.
    and im being defensive because the fact that he has met a few brazilian assholes doesnt make a whole country a big full bag of excrement, you know.

I could go rambling about my 6 year wow gaming experience about how americans can be such asses, but guess what Im far more inclined to believe that there are far more good players in the US than the bad ones ive met.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Ok, I agree that everyone should have a chance to play the game, but can we please for the love of god get some kind of in-game translation service or have them queued up with their own region?

This is my attempt to tell the tank
    "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

Here's what it produced in translate
    Por favor você pode mudar a postura defensiva? Apenas um FYI guerreiros usam e-mail para o seu nível de força e resistência e por que você tem doença res

If you translate that back:
    Please can you change a defensive posture? Just an FYI warriors use e-mail for your level of strength and endurance and you have disease res

Every time I get grouped with Brazilian players, I have to attempt to translate through Google and tell them something. I don't know how new the game is there or what the issue is, but I feel like as a culture, they're trolling us.

Also: There is a greed button -_- I've noticed that they hit need on everything. This is just MY experience from dungeon leveling several different characters. Perhaps everyone else has a different experience and a pleasant one at that with Brazilian players.
    oh right, no worries US guy..welcome to the world..(EU here) guess what? we have to deal with Russians(i've meet alot of nice people tho!), and other kind of languages that google translate can barley make into anything.. <.< yeh..

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    He's pointing out that a lot of Brasilian players do not play on BR realms, since those are new and they began playing before they existed. There would be no way for you to know any of those older players were in fact from Brasil. Since you're unaware of them, you're excluding them from your experience and many of them could be very good players.

Well then for the purposes of this discussion and any other posts I make on the subject ...

We can pretend when I say BRs, I mean something longwinded like BRs that I can realistically know to be BRs either by server of origin, spoken language in chat, or being explicitly told, or asking.

I can't contest that there's hypothetically good BRs that are on non-BR servers that I've played with without knowing they're BRs and thought nothing ill of.

I take just as much exception to this as you seem to take for being told that some people's experience is that "BRs are bad".
    See, here's the thing.

I can tell you that for an absolute certainty, in my experience, the following:

1) I watch my recount like a hawk, and habitually mouse over people's nameplates at the start of every dungeon to ensure that no one in the group is from my server before I steal gear they want or something else douchey that I should avoid doing.
    So hmm, brazilians are bad but you steal gear other people want, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    he queues with more brazilians than he thinks; believe me when I say he just noticed the bad ones.
    and im being defensive because the fact that he has met a few brazilian assholes doesnt make a whole country a big full bag of excrement, you know.

I could go rambling about my 6 year wow gaming experience about how americans can be such asses, but guess what Im far more inclined to believe that there are far more good players in the US than the bad ones ive met.
    If as Tziva said what you're talking about is BRs on NA servers... well, I'd say they're making a choice to be on NA servers, deal with the bad ping, and have intentionally and possibly successfully integrated themselves with the average players on that server.

I still lack a way to explain or understand how everyone from a BR server or people that make themselves known as BRs tend to be exceedingly bad players and unpleasant to play with, but none the less, that's my experience.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Ok, I agree that everyone should have a chance to play the game, but can we please for the love of god get some kind of in-game translation service or have them queued up with their own region?

This is my attempt to tell the tank
    "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

Here's what it produced in translate
    Por favor você pode mudar a postura defensiva? Apenas um FYI guerreiros usam e-mail para o seu nível de força e resistência e por que você tem doença res

If you translate that back:
    Please can you change a defensive posture? Just an FYI warriors use e-mail for your level of strength and endurance and you have disease res

Every time I get grouped with Brazilian players, I have to attempt to translate through Google and tell them something. I don't know how new the game is there or what the issue is, but I feel like as a culture, they're trolling us.

Also: There is a greed button -_- I've noticed that they hit need on everything. This is just MY experience from dungeon leveling several different characters. Perhaps everyone else has a different experience and a pleasant one at that with Brazilian players.
    First of all, if you want to communicate well with someone through google translate, make sure you don't use FYI or any other form of abbreviations or lingo since I'm pretty sure other languages don't use them.