Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Ok, I agree that everyone should have a chance to play the game, but can we please for the love of god get some kind of in-game translation service or have them queued up with their own region?

    This is my attempt to tell the tank
    "Can you please change to Defensive stance? Just an FYI Warriors wear mail at your level with strength and stamina and why do you have res sickness?"

    Here's what it produced in translate
    Por favor você pode mudar a postura defensiva? Apenas um FYI guerreiros usam e-mail para o seu nível de força e resistência e por que você tem doença res

    If you translate that back:
    Please can you change a defensive posture? Just an FYI warriors use e-mail for your level of strength and endurance and you have disease res

    Every time I get grouped with Brazilian players, I have to attempt to translate through Google and tell them something. I don't know how new the game is there or what the issue is, but I feel like as a culture, they're trolling us.

    Also: There is a greed button -_- I've noticed that they hit need on everything. This is just MY experience from dungeon leveling several different characters. Perhaps everyone else has a different experience and a pleasant one at that with Brazilian players.
    First of all, if you want to communicate well with someone through google translate, make sure you don't use FYI or any other form of abbreviations or lingo since I'm pretty sure other languages don't use them.

  2. #102
    Brewmaster Azahel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moon Guard
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    I take just as much exception to this as you seem to take for being told that some people's experience is that "BRs are bad".


    See, here's the thing.


    I can tell you that for an absolute certainty, in my experience, the following:

    1) I watch my recount like a hawk, and habitually mouse over people's nameplates at the start of every dungeon to ensure that no one in the group is from my server before I steal gear they want or something else douchey that I should avoid doing.
    2) I know all the LA and BR servers by name, and I specifically watch for them because I'll leave if there's more than one or maybe two depending on the content and my gear level/ability to carry their fail.



    All you can tell me is that your opinion is that you personally feel it's likely that I've played with more BRs than I realize and that you think that if I'm observing an above-average amount of bad BRs it's because of a confirmation bias.


    Except my issue with this is that only one of us has any insight into my personal experiences. Me.


    Telling me that I don't personally observe the majority of players from BR servers to be bad players is just as ridiculous as me trying to assert that most of your interactions with players from BR servers are bad. I'm not you, how could I possibly know?

    You're not me. How could you possibly know?
    So you're basically saying that your opinion is the only one that matters and you don't care if people tell you otherwise.
    Which actually means you just want to tell what you think and is not open for discussion.
    Oh, I totally see the logic in creating a topic about this. But no.

    "Posting impassionately, they say you don't care. Posting nothing, they say you ignore. Posting with passion, you incite trolls. Posting fluff, you say nonsense. Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
    There is no win, there is only slow degradation." Tseric and the truth about WoW community.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    So hmm, brazilians are bad but you steal gear other people want, eh?
    Everyone who killed a boss in a 5man has equal rights to anything that drops that they can roll on.

    That's a Blizzard official stance.


    So if I'm running as a tank for the umpteenth time and decide I'd like that trinket for my solo DPS set, well, if the guy is from my server and in a guild I give two fucks about, I might just not roll. If they're some random asshat that isn't pulling their weight and pulls random extra trash packs, well, I'm probably going to roll on that trinket.


    The word "steal" is used ironically because no theft occurs in reality but everyone who gets outrolled on an item feels they were stolen from.


    Also you're strawmanning.

  4. #104
    Well there a bad players in every place, im Brazillian, but i hate to do thing with Brazilians!

    First- They are ninjas! Aways hit NEED.. in EVERYTHING..
    Second - They are not polite (if u playing a english game, at last know BASIC english)

    I can write a lot of things here, but really, dont need!
    I write they, not us, because i play wow since beta and i must say, when blizzard open brazilian servers they open Hell Doors.. and im oposite of all brazilian do.

    My Chars: Veiomaroto/hatebringer/devilbringer, if u are group with me, im fairplay!
    Ohh yes! THEY dont know what is FAIRPLAY..

    Btw, sorry about english :P

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    most of them are like the plague.. whenever i see them from their said realms(barthilas, alexstraza, quel thalas, ragnaros) and some of the chinese realms.. the best solution is just to kick them immediatly imo. they need on everything, they afk half the time, they just ramble some gibberish in spanish no one can understand.. they play the game like Stevie Wonder does

    Blizz should just link all the mexican realms together so they can Q with each other, im sure they'd be much happier as well.. so its in their interest as well as ours.
    imo it would make everyone much happier. and i'd post this on the blizz forums too but they just dont care. they are more into posting automated replies on how much they can communicate with ..brazilians and how they miraciously taught them how to tank properly and not suck within a single dungeon. (lol ya right).


    following short of linking their realms together.. just a translator would be slightly better.
    NONE of those realms listed are Brazilian, try again hater.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    I think I screwed something up with what I thought was an accidental multi-post and then deleting it... so reposting and hopefully not a multipost or duplicate post.

    Is there any issue with personal observations labeled as such? I feel like I should be able to say that in my personal experience I keep a -very- close eye on what servers people are from when I run dungeons, and the overwhelming majority of BRs are absolutely terrible, without it being hammered as being a generalization... because if that's what I'm seeing then that's what I'm seeing. Right?


    My recount says "Name - BR server"

    Every time I see this, and I have recount up fulltime, and look at it regularly, it's not a confirmation bias, it's every single BR player I've PERSONALLY encountered is a terribad.

    I really wish the handful of BRs who aren't morons wouldn't instantly come into threads like this getting all defensive when there's no way you can't know that BR servers on average are much much worse than any other server.


    Like I cannot overstate how much more frequently I'm encountering BR servers (Maybe some LA too?) now, versus during Cata. During cata it was once in a blue moon, during MoP it's like 50% of my dungeons have at least one BR, if not more. If I see more than one I insta-leave group. They tend to be extremely bad players, with terrible gear, and either refuse to communicate or simply -can't-.

    It may not be explicitly their fault that there's a language barrier but that's not my problem and it's certainly not -my- fault.
    1- Not looking close enough clearly.

    2 - Wrong.

    3 - I would LOVE to know which server you play because you are talking out of your ass here.


    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

    Overall PVE US realm list.

    NUMBER 5 (Azralon) is 100% BR, and what is the proportion between BR and US players again? perhaps 25 to 1(maybe more? no idea)? not to mention they playing a foriegn game.... not to mention the BR players spread on top US guilds.... we didn't had BR servers until late 2011, MANY veterans never left their original US server to migrate, so please, get a clue dude.

    BR have multi r1 glads and multi top dragon slayer-guilds.

    I could go on and on about this, countering every argument but it's not worth the effort. to any half-brained-non-biased human being this should be obvious already.

  6. #106
    High Overlord Alwayshealing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    108
    Ok 5m with BA players may not be too big an issue but how about when they are tanking the LFR you are in? Eh? Yeah. I think at the very least a translator in-game should be accessible.
    Example: We are in LFR on Elegon & I say in raid "Hey when it says *Powering Down* pls get off the platform around that time thanks." the encounter begins we are going at it and uh oh *Powering Down* I move off with a little time to spare and see 6 ppl fall to their deaths. Everyone laughs of course. But I (Like a lot of other players want to get hrough this as I have other 90s to run in here) say "What was that about?" Then people start commenting almost everyone who fell was from a BA realm so they cannot understand me. >> We reach enrage & do not down him, of course. So I really hope Blizz puts in a translator to assist both sides.

  7. #107
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    We can pretend when I say BRs, I mean something longwinded like BRs that I can realistically know to be BRs either by server of origin, spoken language in chat, or being explicitly told, or asking.
    I understand what you mean, but it's still a valid criticism their part. Acknowledging the sample is skewed is a good start, but at the same time, it doesn't make it any less misrepresentative.

    It's hard for anyone to make accurate statements about one's experience when one is only aware of a portion of it. Since there are tons of Brasilian players out there blending in on English realms that are being excluded for one's mental experience index, any statements we make about them can't really be accurate. We can still share our experiences based on the knowledge we have, but it's just as legitimate for someone to point out the limitations of doing so.

    So, people have had a lot of negative experiences with BR realms. This could be, as I wondered in an earlier post, if it is simply because the majority of players on that server are new the game, making it a "new players" issue rather than a "BR server" issue.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    NONE of those realms listed are Brazilian, try again hater.




    1- Not looking close enough clearly.

    2 - Wrong.

    3 - I would LOVE to know which server you play because you are talking out of your ass here.


    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

    Overall PVE US realm list.

    NUMBER 5 (Azralon) is 100% BR, and what is the proportion between BR and US players again? perhaps 25 to 1(maybe more? no idea)? not to mention they playing a foriegn game.... not to mention the BR players spread on top US guilds.... we didn't had BR servers until late 2011, MANY veterans never left their original US server to migrate, so please, get a clue dude.

    BR have multi r1 glads and multi top dragon slayer-guilds.

    I could go on and on about this, countering every argument but it's not worth the effort. to any half-brained-non-biased human being this should be obvious already.


    Quote Originally Posted by Haterbringer View Post
    Well there a bad players in every place, im Brazillian, but i hate to do thing with Brazilians!

    First- They are ninjas! Aways hit NEED.. in EVERYTHING..
    Second - They are not polite (if u playing a english game, at last know BASIC english)

    I can write a lot of things here, but really, dont need!
    I write they, not us, because i play wow since beta and i must say, when blizzard open brazilian servers they open Hell Doors.. and im oposite of all brazilian do.

    My Chars: Veiomaroto/hatebringer/devilbringer, if u are group with me, im fairplay!
    Ohh yes! THEY dont know what is FAIRPLAY..

    Btw, sorry about english :P



    I really don't need to rebut your assertions because this is what I was waiting for.


    Sure, this person could be a "Fake BR" but honestly, I've seen this before.


    LoL has BR servers.

    They opened them to get the BRs out of the NA queues.


    And now there's tons of people begging to come back because of how terrible the BR servers are.



    BRs come on the NA forums and tell us how horrible it is over there.


    So outside my personal experience and anecdotes, I see gems like this on a somewhat consistent basis. Even the BRs don't like BRs. And I'm not being hateful, that's pretty much explicitly what the quoted post says. Maybe a moderator can confirm it was posted by a BR IP. =P

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Honestly, based on the number of BR players I encounter on a daily basis, I think that they would be just fine with their own queues. Over half of my raid finder was from Latin American realms.

    And yes, there are some good players on Latin American realms. Out of the 90 or so I've played with in randoms, around 5 or so were truly skilled, and maybe 3-4 were decent. The rest were "need on everything, wear the wrong type of gear, get outdpsed by the healer, and die constantly to fire".
    And those that were NOT Brazilians, had any difference on the proportions?

    Sorry, but I usually have that behavior on PvP realm players, regardless of their countries. Most keep their gaming time being so competitive, and angry with everything and everyone, that they don't stop to think on their gear, skills, or even mechanics.

    I had a Paladin, with full PvP gear, not standing in the health pools, not using bombs, pulling everything he saw, while alone and trying to kill the Hozen with his sole abilities, while in Inga Ingoo. And then complain about being killed by mobs. He was from the US realms, spoke english, and yet was a retard that couldn't follow what was written on the screen, and even notice that the other 2 players were bringing the beer to finish the phase. The other player got so tired that left, and I followed.

    I had a lot of those mouthbreathers coming from US realms. Can I say all of the US players are morons, too?

  10. #110
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,732
    Algum BR ?!?!
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    why do you post this on mmo-champ and not on blizzards forum ?
    Because Blizz typically views these sorts of posts/concerns as "racist" and deletes the post, and often bans the user. Had a guy recruiting for my old guild get a forum ban for complaining about this issue. It was a pain in the ass.

    5 mans are one thing, but it can feel pretty awful when you're a DPS that waited an hour in queue, and end up having to leave because of the language barrier. The queues for Heroics on my server are around a half hour, and queues for regulars (since they're nearly useless now) can be over an hour.

    The problem comes in LFR. Having two tank that don't know any fights, continually face bosses the wrong way, group up the Emperors, or people who were always causing a Roll on Spine, etc etc etc... It's a serious problem.
    I've learned Spanish because of it's need in the business world... having to learn Portugeuse isn't really something I want to do to play a video game...

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I understand what you mean, but it's still a valid criticism their part. Acknowledging the sample is skewed is a good start, but at the same time, it doesn't make it any less misrepresentative.

    It's hard for anyone to make accurate statements about one's experience when one is only aware of a portion of it. Since there are tons of Brasilian players out there blending in on English realms that are being excluded for one's mental experience index, any statements we make about them can't really be accurate. We can still share our experiences based on the knowledge we have, but it's just as legitimate for someone to point out the limitations of doing so.

    So, people have had a lot of negative experiences with BR realms. This could be, as I wondered in an earlier post, if it is simply because the majority of players on that server are new the game, making it a "new players" issue rather than a "BR server" issue.

    Maybe. But when WoW was "New" everyone kinda suffered together.


    And since then the trickle of new players has been steady, and bearable.


    If the BR server issue is a "New Player" issue, then the issue is simply the deluge of new players into queues with vastly more experienced players.


    Either way, for social, cultural, and communication reasons, their queues should have been and should be made to be separate from the NA queues, for everyone's sake.

  13. #113
    Brewmaster Azahel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moon Guard
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Algum BR ?!?!
    Acho que deve ter sim

    "Posting impassionately, they say you don't care. Posting nothing, they say you ignore. Posting with passion, you incite trolls. Posting fluff, you say nonsense. Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
    There is no win, there is only slow degradation." Tseric and the truth about WoW community.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Everyone who killed a boss in a 5man has equal rights to anything that drops that they can roll on.

    That's a Blizzard official stance.


    So if I'm running as a tank for the umpteenth time and decide I'd like that trinket for my solo DPS set, well, if the guy is from my server and in a guild I give two fucks about, I might just not roll. If they're some random asshat that isn't pulling their weight and pulls random extra trash packs, well, I'm probably going to roll on that trinket.


    The word "steal" is used ironically because no theft occurs in reality but everyone who gets outrolled on an item feels they were stolen from.


    Also you're strawmanning.
    hmm no strawmanning at all, I just want to point out the kind of mindset you have... and well, imo (and thats my opinion only) before labelling people as 'bad' you should act im a more worthy way.
    try starting by not stealing people gear; if you dont need it/it doesnt belong to you spec and still you hit the need button, that in my book (and for a lot of brazilian players) is gear stealing. maybe then those scary foreign people start to be more polite around you.

  15. #115
    High Overlord Alwayshealing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Because Blizz typically views these sorts of posts/concerns as "racist" and deletes the post, and often bans the user. Had a guy recruiting for my old guild get a forum ban for complaining about this issue. It was a pain in the ass.

    5 mans are one thing, but it can feel pretty awful when you're a DPS that waited an hour in queue, and end up having to leave because of the language barrier. The queues for Heroics on my server are around a half hour, and queues for regulars (since they're nearly useless now) can be over an hour.

    The problem comes in LFR. Having two tank that don't know any fights, continually face bosses the wrong way, group up the Emperors, or people who were always causing a Roll on Spine, etc etc etc... It's a serious problem.
    I've learned Spanish because of it's need in the business world... having to learn Portugeuse isn't really something I want to do to play a video game...
    Exactly what I was saying. Ty ty!

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I understand what you mean, but it's still a valid criticism their part. Acknowledging the sample is skewed is a good start, but at the same time, it doesn't make it any less misrepresentative.

    It's hard for anyone to make accurate statements about one's experience when one is only aware of a portion of it. Since there are tons of Brasilian players out there blending in on English realms that are being excluded for one's mental experience index, any statements we make about them can't really be accurate. We can still share our experiences based on the knowledge we have, but it's just as legitimate for someone to point out the limitations of doing so.

    So, people have had a lot of negative experiences with BR realms. This could be, as I wondered in an earlier post, if it is simply because the majority of players on that server are new the game, making it a "new players" issue rather than a "BR server" issue.
    Again though, new players that have little to no chance of getting assistance and actually LEARNING in the auto grouping system, due to lack of English, or any sorts of translation software.
    I'm sure there's 100% as many English speaking players that refuse to read up on fights, and rely on other people holding their hands.
    BUT, in those situations, at least we have the option of telling them what to do, and trying to get them to at least make the fight possible.
    Being group with players that don't speak the language of the server you joined, that's completely different.

  17. #117
    Pit Lord Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,371
    Online translators don't work very well when you're trying to translate something from english into a latin-derived language, or vice versa.

    Being a portuguese player on an international realm, i had a lot of laughs and facepalming moments when my guild mates try to be witty and write something in portuguese, only to end up with some incoherent sentence or rather funny statement.

    The thing is, be as it may that some of those brazilian players started playing on those realms before there were brazilian realms, things can't be seen as like some people are suggesting.

    Taking into account my own situation: i came into this game loooong before the portuguese realm opened in europe, so i've always called Burning Steppes my home. Yet i didn't force my language on /2 or everyone else. Ok, i know how to speak and write in english, that's a fact, but nonetheless i knew very well that i was joining an english realm, which was/is the standard for international players (read non british players, nor french, or other nationality that already has native realms at launch). I had no choice back then, yes, yet it was an international realm, and english is regarded as the common language whenever 2 people from different countries meet.

    I take it that is must have been the same case with the Americas' realms. There wasn't other choice for spanish and brazilian portuguese speaking players, yet everything ingame, from quests to original players communicated in english.

    Now with all the realm offer there is to the different languages, you ony stay where you are due to your choice. You can claim you hve your friends, guild, old characters there, but the end of the day, that's all your choice to move to a realm with your language. If you do chose to say, then you have to adapt and speak english as it is the norm on those older realms. That's what i did.

  18. #118
    Field Marshal Arcontes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    91
    Hmpf.. US citizens.. said americans... ignorance is your blessing.

  19. #119
    Ribbon Guru Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Again though, new players that have little to no chance of getting assistance and actually LEARNING in the auto grouping system, due to lack of English, or any sorts of translation software.
    I'm sure there's 100% as many English speaking players that refuse to read up on fights, and rely on other people holding their hands.
    BUT, in those situations, at least we have the option of telling them what to do, and trying to get them to at least make the fight possible.
    Being group with players that don't speak the language of the server you joined, that's completely different.
    Agreed. I don't think the issue is caused by nationality at all.

    However, it is a very awkward thing to force a more developed playerbase (game is going on 8 years old here) to queue with a largely less developed playerbase when they cannot communicate with each other effectively. If the same guy dies in fire 3 times, he has to wipe the group every time with his death because we can't tell him "hey when the boss does X, fire appears, move".

    The worst three realms I've seen actually are Ragnaros, Tol Barad, and Azralon (in that order). Quel'thalas is a very close fourth. Yes, I realize that two of those realms aren't even BR realms, which is why I've changed the topic to reflect what most NA players are actually complaining about - realms with a different primary language.

    And @ an earlier poster: yes, a significant amount of NA players are indeed assholes. I'm no sociologist, but I'd blame it on the length of time many of the NA folk have been playing. The community in NA has gotten far worse over time.
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-11-13 at 08:38 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  20. #120
    BR players playing on english realms prob are better with internet etiquette than br realm players.

    In any case communication is part of every grp activity so I don't understand Blizzards attitude about it. My personal experience is that whenever I grp up with people who speak language I can't understand it makes me have worse time. I'd get seriously pissed if I had tanks in lfr that didn't speak english.
    I find it insulting whenever someone speaks language that other people can't understand in lfg or bg.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •