Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So where are the panda's on pandaria then?

A thought concerning the pandaren, and where they came from.

A running theme in warcrafts lore is, as more highlighted recently though Brann Bronzebeards journals, is that the well of eternity and all associated fonts of magic have had an effect on creatures across azeroth.

Tauren are meant to have been bovine, cows and bulls, who become humanoid and thus Tauren later thanks to the well.
    Night elves came from Trolls due to the magic of the well, finally cutting out a long debate on where nelves came from.
    The Jinyu are meant to have come from murlocs who were close to the waters of the vale of eternal blossom, which by extent is the same waters of the well of eternity.
    So it must stand to reason, if so many races are mutations of other species, some who weren't even humanoid before, that pandaren must have once been panda's who were close to the vale and become humanoid as a result.

But the question comes, much like there are still murlocs, cows and trolls still around, where are the panda's that the pandaren evolved from?
    #boycottchina

Where are the panda's what?

0_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all creatures evolved due to exposition from the well of eternity.
    Many of them were constructs affected by the curse of flesh.

Who knows what else could happen, a lot of the game races werent given a full historical explanation to their origin.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ursoc? Since all bear-like cratures basicly evolved or originated from him, also wasnt there some source that indicated that pandaren are as old as trolls basicly? i would imagine this states or gives an idea that they came from Fulborgs who last i recall, where also affected by the curse of flesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mogu created(crafted)the pandarians to be a race of slaves, they also created the Saurok.

Deleted
    Where did you see Murlocs on Pandaria?

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Mogu created(crafted)the pandarians to be a race of slaves, they also created the Saurok.
    No, they didnt create the Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    I do not believe the Mogu created the Panderan. The Saurok, however, they did as a means to combat the Mantid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

No, they didnt create the Pandaren.
    When you finish the Lorewalker part for the Jinyu it shows that the Murlocs were exposed to the waters of the Vale, evolving them and makeing them ALOT smarter, which then turn them into Jinyu.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You did all the Lorewalker turnins? The one regarding the Jinyu explains their origins, and if you watch it, they started as murlocs.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay I was wrong on the pandarians being created... I blame garrosh for that mistake

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    You did all the Lorewalker turnins? The one regarding the Jinyu explains their origins, and if you watch it, they started as murlocs.
    Which, I think, is his point. Did ALL the Murlocs of Pandaria suddenly become Jinyu? Then why couldn't all pandas had become Pandaren aswell?

If I had to make up the missing piece, I'd say that pandas don't exist in WoW, and that the Pandaren come from the furbolgs and not from bears directly.

Deleted
    maybe the pandas are extinct?

i thought the pandaren were sculpted into being by the mogu, who used them as slaves

if not, ask blizzard cos i have no friggin idea!
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    When you finish the Lorewalker part for the Jinyu it shows that the Murlocs were exposed to the waters of the Vale, evolving them and makeing them ALOT smarter, which then turn them into Jinyu.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    I know that Murlocs evolved to Jinyu due to the waters of the Vale. You didnt understand my intention with the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Which, I think, is his point. Did ALL the Murlocs of Pandaria suddenly become Jinyu? Then why couldn't all pandas had become Pandaren aswell?

If I had to make up the missing piece, I'd say that pandas don't exist in WoW, and that the Pandaren come from the furbolgs and not from bears directly.
    ^Thanks.

Another theory could be that Ursoc and the other bear ghost had a 3rd brother(?) which was panda-ren like in appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Tauren are meant to have been bovine, cows and bulls, who become humanoid and thus Tauren later thanks to the well.
    Wrong. The tauren predate both the arrival of the Titans and the Well of Eternity. They were most likely created by an unnamed bull ancient, similar to how the quilboar were created by Agamaggan.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Wrong. The tauren predate both the arrival of the Titans and the Well of Eternity. They were most likely created by an unnamed bull ancient, similar to how the quilboar were created by Agamaggan.
    Yep, Tauren actually were present at the War of The Ancients.

The pandaren were also around before the Kaldorei and the furbolgs, so while it's possible that the kaldorei evolved from trolls because of the Well of Eternity, it's more likely the pandaren were created by an ancient.

According to the RPG book, which is not considered to be canon, the Panderan are originally from Kalimdor.

It also claims they were friends of the Night Elves until they became obsessed with the Well, at which time they broke ties and moved to the current isle of Pandaria.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-11-12 at 04:11 PM.

They could just be a native race of Azeroth like the trolls and tauren. They might have been created by the Mogu as slaves. I don't know of any evidence for that idea but it's certainly worth mentioning since the earliest history I can find on them is during their enslavement. I don't think there are normal panda bears in wow lore, the only indication of such is the non combat pet and honestly, a lot of those are clearly non canon. It's possible they were originally furolg, or somehow created by Ursoc.