Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170
    I think you should mention in the title that this is about WoW, not any MMO. I think it's a bit misleading like this..
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany & Croatia & Netherlands
    Posts
    4,321
    Done. It has to be said that I had some trouble answering. If you asked me to respond to this research in January, I would have answered completely different. I am now not even casual anymore.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I think you should mention in the title that this is about WoW, not any MMO. I think it's a bit misleading like this..
    Very unfortunate if this did not emerge clearly enough. Will think about this for the next survey, thanks for your input!

    About the similar questions, is this perhaps related to the question on mobs? In that case they are quite similar but not entirely, though perhaps they come off in this way. Some questions are identical on purpose too, to serve as controls.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    did it.

    /rant
    Some of your questions lead to certain answers. I'm not sure there is a person out there who can honestly say their life is "excellent". Also, the sheer number of "studies" that university students are doing on MMOs is getting to become annoying to me as a person.
    /endrant
    I'll say without hesitation that my life is excellent.

  5. #25
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'll say without hesitation that my life is excellent.
    Well aint you special then.

    Then again, I place excellence pretty close to perfection, and everybody I have ever known is capable of doing something to make their life better than it is.

    I'd say my life is pretty damn good, but excellent? no.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Well aint you special then.

    Then again, I place excellence pretty close to perfection, and everybody I have ever known is capable of doing something to make their life better than it is.

    I'd say my life is pretty damn good, but excellent? no.
    I'd consider my current life state as close to perfect as is reasonable. Sure, I'd like to ride my bike a little faster, make a little more money, and a couple other things, but everything's really, really awesome. I know that's not true for everyone, but really, I'd say I've got it better than about 98% of people.

  7. #27
    I mostly answered based on how I acted about a year ago when I still played World of Warcraft.

    Looking back, I regret some of that. >.< I griefed pretty often, even though I really hated stuff like getting spawn camped.

    And I'm definitely not so grind-tolerant anymore. Stuff like grinding for the sea turtle mount (ONE FULL MONTH STRAIGHT) just broke me of that.

  8. #28
    The Patient Vaiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    225
    done, even if the way you ask questions already implies the playerbase consists of mainly bad people who like to annoy others by ninjalooting, ganking, whatever..
    can't remember any survey where I seemingly didn't fit into the picture the pollster seemed to already have like in this one ^^ (only my opinion, doesn't have to be correct)
    (also many questions were only applicable for pvp-realms)

    also, if I may ask, why didn't you ask for the gender of people doing the survey? (isn't it important for your topic, did you forget about it?)
    Last edited by Vaiara; 2012-11-15 at 09:54 AM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    done, even if the way you ask questions already implies the playerbase consists of mainly bad people who like to annoy others by ninjalooting, ganking, whatever..
    can't remember any survey where I seemingly didn't fit into the picture the pollster seemed to already have like in this one ^^ (only my opinion, doesn't have to be correct)
    (also many questions were only applicable for pvp-realms)

    also, if I may ask, why didn't you ask for the gender of people doing the survey? (isn't it important for your topic, did you forget about it?)

    Hi,

    I can only repeat what I said earlier. I am not implying anything with the questions, but in order to both prove/disprove general ideas about what players do in a game, you have to ask certain questions. My questions may be intended to show that there are no mean players on WoW, but I still have to ask about mean behaviours, right? How else can I either prove/disprove anything? The topic itself does not reveal the purpose nor the outcome. Since you can't know my reasoning behind the survey (which I can't tell you due to the risk of inducing bias), it's often better not to speculate.

    The purpose of this particular survey is exploratory and mainly used for scale construction. That scale will then be used in another survey where demographics such as gender may be more interesting. It's a good point though, I certainly did not forget!

  10. #30
    Filled it in for you. I'm curious about the results, will you post them here as well?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Filled it in for you. I'm curious about the results, will you post them here as well?

    I can certainly do that! But it will take me some time to get around to the analysis since it's a thing I do in my spare-time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •