10+ Year Old Account

Using Zen Flight and attacking mid air

So I was being camped by a monk on an alt and switched over to my main to try to clear him out of the area to continue questing, and when I was flying next to him he was sitting attacking me without dismounting. Is this normal? Also, he was able to attack, dismount, re-mount and then fly away and he'd repeat this over and over. I thought you couldn't use it while in combat, or use any of the normal monk abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you right click his in-game portrait and report for cheating?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

There's a funny video of a human monk ganking outside of Org by sitting on his cloud & using crackling jade lightning / fire blossom. I know you can't melee attack on the cloud but I thought they hotfixed ranged attacks so they couldn't. I fish from my cloud and loot quest items (like flight form would let you do). It's totally awesome, just slow moving.

You cannot use the Zen Flight ability in combat. You also cannot use any abilities while using the Zen Flight ability.

Looks while it was indeed hot-fixed awhile back, I can't use anything while on my monk's cloud. I feel like this is a late response or overly exaggerated.

Edit: Guess I should say any attacks*

You can, however, use a G91 Landshark.

10+ Year Old Account
    macro to /cancelaura and attack while falling
    Can't explain him being able to remount and fly off if he's still in combat though
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    macro to /cancelaura and attack while falling
    Can't explain him being able to remount and fly off if he's still in combat though
    If he's a nightelf he could shadowmeld & instant remount. Or if he has an invis potion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did report him for cheating, figured after I read the spell on wowhead that it was grounds for reporting. He was a dwarf. And I wasn't getting hit by a Landshark, it was some greenish orb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Did he look like he was swimming in the air? There's a bug that allows you to swim in the air if you change between 2 zones (from Durotar to Orgrimmar at least, don't know if the transition from CRZ to normal zone is the affecting factor) while flying with Zen Flight AND a costume.

Although, I've only tried this with Krastinov's Bag of Horrors and Polyformic Acid potion, which both transform you into an undead, so this might only be limited to them.

While swimming in the air, you can perform your abilities as if you were swimming, except that you can also roll and use Flying Serpent Kick midair.

Ah...I think I know what it was. Did the orb move, or was it stationary?

Because I've discovered that you can start Path of Fire Blossoms, and then activate the cloud, and the fire blossoms will continue to be deposited. Glyph it, and it is easier to pull off effectively.

They don't do much damage, but they would be rather devastating when used against lowbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phocket View Post
    I did report him for cheating, figured after I read the spell on wowhead that it was grounds for reporting. He was a dwarf. And I wasn't getting hit by a Landshark, it was some greenish orb.
    Sounds like Zen Sphere, perhaps you can still explode it in zen flight, would make sense. SFB isn't green so I doubt it's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

It's totally awesome, just slow moving.

Deleted
    Its a nice ability, definitely useful while questing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    Sounds like Zen Sphere, perhaps you can still explode it in zen flight, would make sense. SFB isn't green so I doubt it's that.
    Oh...that's probably it. And it's not the explosion, it's the pulses of damage that happen every time it ticks. And it lasts 20 seconds, so that's plenty of time to cast it, cloud up, and chase down some poor unsuspecting lowbie.

What the person is doing (i do it as well):
    -glyph for Fireblossom and Zen Flight.
    -Expel Harm
    -cast Zen Flight
    -find target
    -cast Fireblossom
    -enjoy
    once out of combat flying mount up, rinse and repeat.