Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Be glad the old system isn't there where even myself and my guildies or a bunch of [Bad word] will ninja just to make you mad. I've done it everyone has done it ~Ahem~ Mostly everyone whether It's doing it for your friends or just to be a total D bag
    I think that about sums it up. Who wants to see that scenario unfold anymore? And don't forget about the LFR arbiters of justice - needing on gear and handing it out to those they deigned worthy of it!

All of the drama is eliminated and the raid just moves on to the next boss.

I don't mind how loot rolling works, it only feels like nothing ever drops because you don't get to see the loot the boss drops anymore. Even in normal raiding, my guild has yet to see 1 tanking piece drop in 3 normal MSV runs so I am kinda used to the feeling of never getting anything atm.

But I would like to see LFR be a little less forgiving, you hardly ever have to worry about any of the mechanics and it doesn't teach you to be more careful for when you do the real thing.
    Last edited by Xtacle; 2012-11-13 at 03:46 AM.

Alot better than before in my case

since you can extra roll with those coin and there's no ninja group that need everything to give among them

I just wish they would do away with the "If you were eligible to loot this boss, you would have won ... " window. Just seems like them wanting to add insult to injury by taunting you.

I like the new system better. The odds of winning are better (though it may not seem like it to some people) than the old way. The old way, people would roll on loot just so they could vendor it for gold. At least this way, you actually get a decent chance at loot.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Blizzard always has an intended period of time that it would take for one person to gear up through raids based on probability. One thing that for some reason people are not very upset about is that with the new loot system in MoP they have also significantly increased the intended gearing up timesink through LFR, on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I had people pass on loot in lfr before and give me or trade me things. I did likewise as well. This system removes that possibility.
    And people who rolled on anything they could :3

Feels like we get less loot overall, keyword is "feels". Could go weeks on 4 alts constantly losing everything in DS. On average I'd say it's the same, but yes it feels a bit unrewarding to spend a coin that takes 15 dailies to get, and all you get is 28 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard always has an intended period of time that it would take for one person to gear up through raids based on probability. One thing that for some reason people are not very upset about is that with the new loot system in MoP they have also significantly increased the intended gearing up timesink through LFR, on purpose.
    We can only speculate. What was the ACTUAL chance of getting loot in DS on every boss? Depended on the number of players with similar class roles or tokens.

I'm thinking 5-10% chance per boss. Both in DS and MoP.

The removal of player interference in your chance of obtaining an item completely covers any percieved issues with the new LFR system
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-13 at 04:17 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I just wish they would do away with the "If you were eligible to loot this boss, you would have won ... " window. Just seems like them wanting to add insult to injury by taunting you.
    Yes, oh god yes. I was doing elegon for the 2h sword, I was already locked but planned to use a coin roll and so the fight was over and what do I see, "If you were eligible to loot this boss you would have won Starshatter"... I felt like smashing my fist through the monitor at that point, and my coin roll won gold.. as usual.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Yes, oh god yes. I was doing elegon for the 2h sword, I was already locked but planned to use a coin roll and so the fight was over and what do I see, "If you were eligible to loot this boss you would have won Starshatter"... I felt like smashing my fist through the monitor at that point, and my coin roll won gold.. as usual.
    I had no idea that was implemented. That should be removed. Ignorance is bliss.
    But seriously there's absolutely no reason to keep such a salt-in-wound UI element in the game.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I enjoy it this way because there's no more ninja-ing and people rolling on shit to be a dick. It does seem to take longer to gear up tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I had no idea that was implemented. That should be removed. Ignorance is bliss.
    But seriously there's absolutely no reason to keep such a salt-in-wound UI element in the game.
    I agree, there is absolutely no need for it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    We can only speculate.
    Actually it would not be impossible for a math wiz to figure it out, we have all the data we need with wowhead.

Point is the difference is so big and obvious, that you do not need confirmation to see that the intended gearing up timesink is much larger now than it was in 4.3. This only goes for LFR though, normal/HC feels pretty much the same.

Perhaps it is their intention to revert back to a 4.3 timesink with the last MoP patch though, who knows.

Deleted
    Dunno i have gotten about 7 items so far from lfr alone, and gloves from sha all but 2 was upgrades because i didn't use my valor right away, i saved them up so i could supplement the pieces i would get from lfr and bought the items first where lfr couldn't supply it. Like i haven't bought the valor legs because i am hoping for the tier from sha, and i don't want to waste the valor.

You feel that it is much lower drop chance now because it's still very early in the expansion and you are craving gear badly not like DS where it would be meh if your alt didn't get a bunch of loot, and people saying how they got fully geared in a couple of weeks are talking about the last part of the expansion, right when DS lfr was released it was every man for himself and i doubt you would get more loot then you are now since everyone would need on all gear since it would all be upgrades and never pass on anything.

Even people that have gotten several lfr items come hear and moan because they don't feel they get gear simply because they won items-slots where they have crafted or valor gear already, and still claim they cry cry never cry cry get any gear, it gets old really fast.

I liked the new system until I realized how the droprate is tiny as hell

The reason I couldn't stand LFR in Cata was because everyone and their mother rolled on every piece of loot. Constantly seeing the loot go to people who already had it, or even had normal/heroic version of it, was mind numbingly aggravating. It would happen every single boss in DS. For that reason, I love the new LFR system. Much less painful.

My only complaint about the new system is that it is possible for NO ONE to get loot from a boss kill. 4-5 people on each kill should ALWAYS get loot. Never should less than 4 people get loot.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Ignoring all the various ways people used to cheat the system back in DS LFR, the only difference between that and now is that it gave you the illusion of a higher chance at loot. A piece might have a 25% chance to drop and you roll against 5 people, so really you had a 5% chance every week - whereas now you don't see the pieces you "lose", you just have a flat 5% (made up numbers). So you're not seeing that piece "drop" 1/4 of the time, you're just seeing nothing. Blizzard could've put in a UI to show you the piece dropping for the other members of the raid, but that would be a problem in itself - if you can't roll on something why show it to you? Confusing for newer players.

Of course there were many other factors in the horrible DS implementation, like if you were a Rogue who got a group that happened to have 10 Rogues. Or if you got lucky and were the only one.

I do get that seeing that coin/bag drop all the time feels kind of hollow (and it's weird that getting 28g for something is like the sting of failure now! It's gold!). But ultimately the reality is that WoW has random loot, and random loot is random. They could make it so you get fragments of your gear so that in 6 weeks you would have a complete piece of loot, no RNG. But that would be a radical change in WoW's fundamental design (and would likely alienate as many people as it pleased frankly).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The gain rate of gear is actually better with coins and independant rolls. Its just the illusion of not seeing loot when you don't win. When you kill a boss and only get gold, and you dont see anyone else get anything it feels like you just killed a random mob that didn't drop anything but coin.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    My only complaint about the new system is that it is possible for NO ONE to get loot from a boss kill. 4-5 people on each kill should ALWAYS get loot. Never should less than 4 people get loot.
    It's also possible for EVERYONE to get loot. It's random. And how would it matter to you since you can't even see what other people get? Unless you're in a full premade group I suppose. But that's no different to raiding normally anyway, I remember a couple of weeks into DS, FL and many other tiers getting items that nobody could use or the only people who could already had or didn't want. Other weeks all the desirable items would drop at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bit worse since guilds can't help each other out (which I suppose is a good thing for those who don't raid LFR with guildies.) But other than that, I was lucky to get more than one piece a week before the change anyways.

Actually, with the coins, I might get a bit more.
    Putin khuliyo