Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is LFR far more painful then in the past? (Regards to loot)

    Thankfully I don't rely on LFR as my primary source of raiding or gearing but as any dedicated player I do it weekly. However I find it incredibly disheartening how disconnected and almost, in a sense, helpless in there. Primarily because of the new loot system, while I could care less about LFR loot I haven't gotten a single piece since week one (including a few bonus rolls). A couple of my friends however do rely on LFR and have to trudge through this painful system. I imagine a simple change would greatly improve the feel of LFR. After each kill the boss will drop four pieces and like the Cataclysm system everyone who can use the loot (in their current spec) can roll. In addition each player rolls against the raid on each boss for an addition piece of loot beneficial to their spec. The bonus roll coins can also still be used.
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

  2. #2
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,947
    I also never have gotten a single thing in LFR snce day one

    But the system isnt really less of a chance to get loot than before
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  3. #3
    Did 18 bosses this week on LFR (6 MSV, 3 HoF, 2 toons). Got 1 piece of loot total, and it was something that I already had the 489 version of.

    I don't think the odds of winning/losing a piece is necessary worse than it was during DS, since I did DS for weeks on alts and felt like I won about 1 item a month... however, due to the new loot system, it certainly feels like I am receiving a lot less loot. I am not sure if that is because (as people have said) you don't see any of the loot the boss drops, just the dumb bag with 28.5g in it... or if it has something to do with taking all the incentive out of running it with friends, and therefore it feels much more lonely than before (and whenever a friend won a piece of loot, it doesn't totally feel like the entire run was in vain).

    I am not sure if they need to change anything, or if they will change anything, but it is definitely a painful experience every time I queue for it, especially watching so many people fail to Elegon and Garalon.... I can't imagine this week when the last 3 bosses of HoF are released...

  4. #4
    I had people pass on loot in lfr before and give me or trade me things. I did likewise as well. This system removes that possibility.

  5. #5
    I do agree the chance to get loot probably isn't less but it certainly feels much worse to everyone I encounter. Probably because you don't see ANY loot (for you or not) and get the taunting sack of coins.
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I do agree the chance to get loot probably isn't less but it certainly feels much worse to everyone I encounter. Probably because you don't see ANY loot (for you or not) and get the taunting sack of coins.
    Well it is less when you factor out the possibility that people who get loot may trade it to you like if they get a piece they already had or they had a better one for instance. Of if you que with a couple of your friends and they trade it to you. It removes the human interaction from the entire thing and does indeed make it less likely that you'll get something.

  7. #7
    New system is much, much better for loot since your odds of getting it are statistically the same as if you were in a real raid, but it's superior than a normal raid's loot system because you can't have people taking it for other people and "cheating" the system and it also is independent of everyone else's loot rolls so it doesn't matter if everyone else wins stuff or not, you can win stuff too.

    It's a better system, a lot of people just don't understand it and for some reason seem to think RNG would favor them better using the old way when in reality it wouldn't. I think I can safely say anyone who TRULY understands how it works, and not just some false notion of how it works, will agree its a better system. Unless of course you were one of the folks who ran with a handful of friends just so they could roll on gear for you and give to you.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

  8. #8
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,987
    Yes, hell yes. Third week now, full clear of all the parts and no loot at all, even with all my coin rolls.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 02:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    New system is much, much better for loot since your odds of getting it are statistically the same as if you were in a real raid, but it's superior than a normal raid's loot system because you can't have people taking it for other people and "cheating" the system and it also is independent of everyone else's loot rolls so it doesn't matter if everyone else wins stuff or not, you can win stuff too.

    It's a better system, a lot of people just don't understand it and for some reason seem to think RNG would favor them better using the old way when in reality it wouldn't. I think I can safely say anyone who TRULY understands how it works, and not just some false notion of how it works, will agree its a better system. Unless of course you were one of the folks who ran with a handful of friends just so they could roll on gear for you and give to you.
    I understand how it works, its just frustrating not getting any loot whatsoever, it makes it "seem" that your odds are way lower with this system.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-11-13 at 02:58 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Well it is less when you factor out the possibility that people who get loot may trade it to you like if they get a piece they already had or they had a better one for instance. Of if you que with a couple of your friends and they trade it to you. It removes the human interaction from the entire thing and does indeed make it less likely that you'll get something.
    Have you tried counting people rolling on stuff they don't actually need as well? Or others coming in with more friends than you?

    I wouldn't be surprised if, on average, the chance of getting loot is actually higher now than it was before.

  10. #10
    On my first run of MV LFR, i managed to get 3 items, the system is great.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Have you tried counting people rolling on stuff they don't actually need as well? Or others coming in with more friends than you?

    I wouldn't be surprised if, on average, the chance of getting loot is actually higher now than it was before.
    Nope, no way. I geared two-alts in Cataclysm in a 2-3 weeks in LFR, I have gotten one piece in 5. I am not an anomaly either.
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Nope, no way. I geared two-alts in Cataclysm in a 2-3 weeks in LFR, I have gotten one piece in 5. I am not an anomaly either.
    You could also get lucky and get a piece on every single roll now. In fact, it's fairly likely to happen to at least a few people.

    That has nothing to do with what system is being used, though.

  13. #13
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Nope, no way. I geared two-alts in Cataclysm in a 2-3 weeks in LFR, I have gotten one piece in 5. I am not an anomaly either.
    I have to agree here, despite all the loot ninjas and stuff gearing in DS lfr didnt take longer than a few weeks on average, I found for my toons anyway.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  14. #14
    Even with the double rolls from charms it's just slower.

  15. #15
    I have yet to receive anything other than gold in LFR, and I have cleared all content since it rolled out. However, I see some players that are literally wearing 6+ LFR pieces of gear. I understand chance being at play, but actually seeing the rolls or loot windows would at least be more satisfying even if i didn't get anything.

  16. #16
    0 wins in 48 cata bosses.
    1 win in 13 MoP bosses.

    MoP winning for me.

  17. #17
    I dislike the new system, regardless of the outcome it just feels less satisfying.

    My Priest has gotten 2 items from Sha and 3 in 1 week in LFR but I stopped running it after that because it just doesn't feel like a raid anymore.


    Whether or not the drop chance is calculated accurately is somewhat irrelevant, because in the old system you could trade/sell loot, pass on it for more deserving people, and there might only be 2 or 3 people in the whole raid that could use your token(obviously you could requeue if the opposite was true). It just felt like things were more in your own hands.

  18. #18
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45
    I wonder what the threshold is for winning loot in LFR. They never did come out and say it. If it was 1/25, then you statistically have a much smaller chance of winning something. In the old system, at the most, 10 people would roll against you unless it was a trinket. And even then, someone may inspect your gear and give it up to you. I loved my chances then and it kept me going.

    I ran it a few times in a MoP and have won nothing. I gave up trudging through LFR because the rewards were not worth the torture my raid groups subjected me to. With my only other option being the daily grind, it's clear this expansion just isn't for me. No worries.

  19. #19
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Be glad the old system isn't there where even myself and my guildies or a bunch of [Bad word] will ninja just to make you mad. I've done it everyone has done it ~Ahem~ Mostly everyone whether It's doing it for your friends or just to be a total D bag

  20. #20
    Dramatically superior to the past where haters would just roll on gear they didn't need and laugh when you complained about it.

    I got three pieces out of the two LFRs I was able to run on my fresh 90 paladin this week. I usually get about 2 pieces a week on my characters. I don't use coins in LFR either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •