Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Most bots are hard to detect, Blizzard is doing their best to get rid of them, it's just so difficult, honestly, they behave just like people do.

    "there n point in arguing coz everyone has there own opinion" - WoW/Alterac Valley - Random guy

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    Most bots are hard to detect, Blizzard is doing their best to get rid of them, it's just so difficult, honestly, they behave just like people do.

    u really believe in this? how hard is to detect lvl 85 "flying" at jade forest?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    u really believe in this? how hard is to detect lvl 85 "flying" at jade forest?
    You might have missed my AKA. Sarcasm.
    But yea, no, I wasn't serious at all, I believe Blizzards behaviour is comic relief at best.
    "there n point in arguing coz everyone has there own opinion" - WoW/Alterac Valley - Random guy

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I have been noticing a tremendous amount of complaints about botting but I still cannot grasp why anyone cares. Well firstly let me say botting is bad, and Blizzard needs to control it, but at this point I don't see it as a problem.

    You can still make a small fortune working the AH in a matter of days (let the bots farm). Frankly aside from a few ruined battlegrounds where is botting hurting anyone? Endgame is unaffected (arena, raiding).

    Opinions?
    The biggest reason i hate bots and botters is because of the shit that i spent ages of boring hours on (for instance leveling fishing or archaeology for mounts/titles/alt gear etc.) they get by being asleep or in school/at work.

    The game is all about having a unique character and being better than the rest, and e-peen game (to me, anyway).
    I play for fun, but leveling up a character through PvP is just horrible atm, and i used to enjoy that.

    How is raiding and arena unaffected? i've seen TSG's bot above 2.2k rating, and i'm pretty sure you can bot all the dailies people are complaning about, thus giving you better gear in raids for doing nothing (with the coins).



    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    I'm not sure I really understand your point. Bots aren't ruining the game or anything, but Blizzard does need to continue to stay on top of it to keep it from becoming a huge problem. I think they do a pretty good job (I've never personally encountered an obvious bot), but they definitely shouldn't just stop worrying about it.
    Let me show you a video i made the other day, then i'll show you obvious bots :P

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGW3KZ9cKyI&feature=plcp

  5. #45
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,208
    Bots damage more then we think they do.

    But mostly bots bring a lot of gold in the game that shouldn't be there, which causing the gold inflation a lot. Gold is getting less value day by day. Same story to those chinese gold farmers. I'm certainly sure about the fact that half of the gold wouldn't be there if the game didn't have any botters and chinese gold farmers. That armorpiece you bought with 9.000 gold yesterday? Im sure it's price wasn't even the half of that if there weren't any botters. That new Grand Expedition Yak mount? I'm sure it's value wasn't 125.000 gold if there weren't any bots in the game.
    If Blizzard didn't care about botters, i see easily that all values were doubled from the values we use nowadays.

    So yes, we should care about botters.
    Last edited by Zeror; 2012-11-13 at 10:52 AM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    But then again, all prices on crafted stuff will get lower aswell.
    I think you're mistaken. While I do agree that there's an abysmal lack of knowledge about opportunity cost, eliminating botters would not lower prices on crafted gear.

    People would farm crafting materials. Others would still buy these to craft items. Those items would sell for a higher price because of the higher cost of materials. They might still be undercut by people who have no concept of opportunity cost, which happens now as well. Even if the farmers craft their own items and undercut the competition the price point will still be higher.

    Relevant points: not every farmer is also a crafter. People will still buy crafting materials, or else the materials will stop being sold/be sold at a price that people will buy at. Items will not continue to be made for a long time when there is no profit from it.

  7. #47
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,944
    I hope you're not serious OP...

    At this point bots are in almost every battleground, like 2/3 times you get bots. And battlegrounds are end-game since you said it doesn't affect that.
    You have bots getting obscene amounts of gold and supplies, thus, on one hand, lowering the cost of supplies like ores to a real minimum while growing the cost of actual useful stuff to the point only the richest people can afford them. If that's not a problem...
    Besides that, you also get the bots killing stuff. So you get bots grinding. But... if you need the mobs they're grinding for a reputation or something? Then bad luck buddy! Since that both is most likely going to be there almost 18 hours, if not more every day. So say goodbye to the mobs you need.
    I won't even comment on bots that actually gain speed bonuses or teleport hacks or some other crap and use it on other people or to tag mobs in front of you, those are even more annoying.

  8. #48
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,208
    What i really don't get is that people are using the game like if they are running a company. Plz, let Blizzard do the company work and you do the playing work. Not only botters are trying to benefit in this, but some guilds are trying the same.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I have been noticing a tremendous amount of complaints about botting but I still cannot grasp why anyone cares. Well firstly let me say botting is bad, and Blizzard needs to control it, but at this point I don't see it as a problem.

    You can still make a small fortune working the AH in a matter of days (let the bots farm). Frankly aside from a few ruined battlegrounds where is botting hurting anyone? Endgame is unaffected (arena, raiding).

    Opinions?
    Most bots are better than average player in bgs

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    Most bots are hard to detect, Blizzard is doing their best to get rid of them, it's just so difficult, honestly, they behave just like people do.

    Lol u r kidding.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Most bots are better than average player in bgs
    yep.

    also i mean i get why people are upset. botters get for free what they claim they have worked hard for themselves. they have suffered boredom and perhaps continued failure by camping a rare spawn, the bot did it for others without that boredom and waste of time. they cry because they dont get simple economics and think less botters would more more effective market share for them.

    and why? "because that is the game fool" perhaps no one told you but "your game" is shit mate. doesnt mean the game is shit in general, you just have to subtract a few pieces you dont take a liking to and shazam you got yourself a termendously enjoyable experience.

    no i could not care less for those people. my epics, my rare mounts, my reputation, my less time spent doing awful boring shit. I may have been the 2nd human person in the Battleground if i chose not to bot, having a bad time like the other guy. but im not. instead i may be the 8th bot in there and im having a great time playing Darksouls or Bejeweled.

    you refuse to bot? consequences are your problem
    you chose to bot? consequences are your problem

  12. #52
    Immortal Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    7,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    yep.

    also i mean i get why people are upset. botters get for free what they claim they have worked hard for themselves. they have suffered boredom and perhaps continued failure by camping a rare spawn, the bot did it for others without that boredom and waste of time. they cry because they dont get simple economics and think less botters would more more effective market share for them.

    and why? "because that is the game fool" perhaps no one told you but "your game" is shit mate. doesnt mean the game is shit in general, you just have to subtract a few pieces you dont take a liking to and shazam you got yourself a termendously enjoyable experience.

    no i could not care less for those people. my epics, my rare mounts, my reputation, my less time spent doing awful boring shit. I may have been the 2nd human person in the Battleground if i chose not to bot, having a bad time like the other guy. but im not. instead i may be the 8th bot in there and im having a great time playing Darksouls or Bejeweled.

    you refuse to bot? consequences are your problem
    you chose to bot? consequences are your problem
    You continue to fail to grasp that bottling is against the rules. You state, nay, pretend, it is a legitimate way to eliminate the "unecessary" parts of WoW... Parts of the game the real players go through to do whatever it is you're trying to do. Ultimately, your argument is one of "I want these things, but blizzard isn't handing them over to me! GIMME GIMME GIMME!" That is all you have been stating. And instead of putting in the time and effort to accomplish these things or, god forbid, doing them at your own pace, you cheat. And then whine about how your cheating is frowned upon.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  13. #53
    Whats the point of even reporting them. I've reported about 5-6 definitly bots. aka flying lvl 85's in jade forest and then see the same bots 2-3 weeks later, still flying around in jade forest. 1 thing ive notice has ive minned around there is the bots arent using Mist-Piercing Goggles( come on if ur gonna do it plz do it right) and that they actually do a sort of dps rotation if they are atacked. saw a ret pally actually kill a mob( pop bubble then wings) then he mounted back up and flew off. I dont think they are technicaly flying. looks like they are running on the tree line.

  14. #54
    It depends on the type of botting.

    Botting for leveling, I don't care as much about. Yeah, it sucks when other people have put in the time and effort to level their toons legitly, but it has no impact on me or my game play.

    Farming bots are another story entirely. No matter how you look at it, it negatively impacts a realms economy. Yes, there are plenty of nodes in MoP, but that is one more person posting this stuff up on the AH. And with the gold sinks that Blizzard is putting into this expansion (namely Brawlers guild because those invites on the BMAH will get expensive fast), I think that actual players should control the flow of the AH. Supply and demand is how the AH has always worked (and if you didn't want to pay the prices, you farmed it yourself) but right now with the influx of bots, the supply far outweighs the demand.

  15. #55
    botting destroys the integrity of the game, makes the game worse for everyone including the botters.

    i'm not entirely sure on what they're waiting for to ban bots, it doesn't really matter if the botters cancel their subs or not far more people will quit if the botting doesn't begin to be reigned in.

  16. #56
    Are you serious?

    It wasent a big problem when a bot was merely some Dwarf Hunter killing mobs in classic in areas that you never went to.

    It is a huge problem that they have become sophisticated enough to do random 5s and BGs ruining the experience for the legit players. You try doing 5s with bots that do 1/10 dps of even a average player.


    And no, "lol 5 mans" and "lol bgs" is not really a good enough answer, it has a bad impact on the game and everyone. Whereas before them selling gold really did not have that much of a impact. Gold has never had that much value in WoW, in Classic a Rogue or Warrior could get the Krol Blade faster or some other epic that was weaker than almost every other raid weapon. So the problem has never been about gold or economics ingame

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You continue to fail to grasp that bottling is against the rules. You state, nay, pretend, it is a legitimate way to eliminate the "unecessary" parts of WoW... Parts of the game the real players go through to do whatever it is you're trying to do. Ultimately, your argument is one of "I want these things, but blizzard isn't handing them over to me! GIMME GIMME GIMME!" That is all you have been stating. And instead of putting in the time and effort to accomplish these things or, god forbid, doing them at your own pace, you cheat. And then whine about how your cheating is frowned upon.
    actually i dont fail to. actually ive have repeatedly acknowledged that botting is clearly against the rules set by blizzard. and ive made my point why your arguments fail both on the moral level and their reality check.

    and even if i had not, your point would still have no value. you know why? because i pay for it and ive been paying for it and at the end of the day this is a buisness and my botting is a minor nuisance. my botting costs nothing. dealing with your complaints does. you being gone at the end of the day nets blizzard less of a loss than me. except for if my nuisance would equal more than one of the whimsical kind quiting, then i guess i would have overestimated my value as a customer.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2012-11-13 at 10:15 PM.

  18. #58
    Botting in BGs just makes BGs not worth doing. Ergo, I do not enjoy botters.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    actually i dont fail to. actually ive have repeatedly acknowledged that botting is clearly against the rules set by blizzard. and ive made my point why moraly your arguments fail both on the moral level and their reality check.

    and even if i had not, your point would still have no value. you know why? because i pay for it and ive been paying for it and at the end of the day this is a buisness and my botting is a minor nuisance. my botting costs nothing. dealing with your complaints does. you being gone at the end of the day nets blizzard less of a loss than me. except for if my nuisance would equal more than one of the whimsical kind quiting, then i guess i would have overestimated my value as a customer.
    i think perhaps you're assessment of your worth might be over inflated.

  20. #60
    There needs to be a distinction between bots here.

    Yes some people run trash bots in BG's and should be banned. However there are a couple of very good programs that are more effective then 85% of the people in BG's, 5 mans, DPS rotations, questing, doing dailies - you name it.

    My roommate bots BG's and arenas, I honestly should videotape the games and post on Youtube so we can all laugh as he gets 1.9K rating with a bot doing his matches.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •