Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Reincarnation (ankh), close to worthless?

    I have gotten to the point where I feel like ankh is worthless. You resurrect with an abysmal amount of health and mana, whenever I die in a raid it's far more beneficial to be picked up by any other class.

    Simple fix. Talent/glyph to bring the 20% hp/mana to something tolerable. Maybe a reduced CD.
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

  2. #2
    it doesn't count as a battle res so at least there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    it doesn't count as a battle res so at least there's that.
    this, if 1 person dies(3 on 25man) and they are all battle ressed, then ONLY shamans can ress if they die, anyone else is dead for the remainer of the fight.

    also im sure its grabbed many guilds kills as the boss hits enrage begins killing people panic trying to dps the boss down, shaman can get back up and continue healing/dps'in.

  4. #4
    Call out in vent that you're about to ankh so a healer has a heal ready for you, and don't res if there's aoe damage going out at the moment if possible. Ankh is fine imo, just have to use it wisely.

  5. #5
    Heres a tip: wait for a quiet moment in combat to ankh, you know... when AoE is minimal? Also call it out on vent/skype/mumble/TS or whatever other chat you are using.

    IMHO, I find Ankh is far from worthless. hell if it wasn't for the fact I had an ankh on my shaman (and was resto too!) My guild's alt run would have wiped on feng @ 6m Hp remaining... Instead, I waited for the Arcane Velocity to finish, and Ankhed as soon as Resonance went onto a person, Bingo! plenty of time for me to heal myself, pop a totem for mana and get back to doing my job of keeping the remaining 4 people alive.

    Ankh is far from worthless if used properly

  6. #6
    It's not worthless, because it's a rez that goes around the 1/3 combat rez per attempt limit. However, I do feel that the cooldown on it is excessive, especially in an environment where every other cooldown is reset every wipe, including long CDs like Lay on Hands. I can see why resetting it on wipes would be a balance issue, but I think the CD should come down to something like 15 minutes instead of 30 to compensate for every other class having everything reset every attempt.

  7. #7
    I wouldn't say the spell is worthless. You get a free battle rez every 30 mins. Not much more you can ask for without the spell being broken.

  8. #8
    Ankh / Reincarnation is probably one of the best abilities in the game. In a sense it's the highest DPS / Healing cooldown we have available to us.

    Throughout heroic raiding and heroic progression, ankh is literally a life saver, and can be abused heavily in some cases. The 20% HP is never a problem because you should be coordinating with healers to heal you up, and if you ankh during a raid damage phase, then you deserve to die again. I'd like to see a glyph that allows you to res to 100% HP, but in all honesty, it's never been a problem.

    I could give you countless anecdotes as to why Ankh is certainly not "worthless" if you'd like . Hell I've had some heroic progression kills that can be attributed to having ankh.

    Glyph UI ♆ Enhancement Shaman ♆ Youtube
    Avast US 3rd, World 14th

  9. #9
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,030
    Ankh is, if anything, too good. Battle rezzes are so powerful they're heavily restricted, and we get to break that restriction.

    If you're dying when you rez, then that's player error. You need to 1> be paying attention to the fight so you don't rez into an AoE, and 2> be vocal so your healers are ready to toss you a quick heal. For Enhancement/Elemental, the amount of mana you have isn't really an issue, and for Resto, while it's a pain, you do rez with some mana and should be taking some time to regain it. If Resto Shaman had a full-mana-regen ankh, standard practice would be to deliberately die when your ankh cooldown is up, so you can refill your mana. Guilds would be using that on heal-intensive fights to perform better than they otherwise could. And either they'd have to leave Resto Shaman inferior to all other healers and only able to catch up using that trick, or guilds would be stacking all Resto Shaman to abuse that very thing.

  10. #10
    I'm honestly surprised shaman are still even allowed to ankh and you're complaining about it. wow lol. There was an old ankh talent i think, but no one took it probably.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

  11. #11
    Watch this video from about 7m30s and THEN tell me Ankh is useless!
    One of the best video's ever imho.

    On a more serious note though. I like Ankh because it goes along with what i've come to know as the Shaman.
    If you are a bad Shaman, using ankh and then dying will make you look bad.
    If you are a good Shaman, using Ankh might just get you that bosskill and make you look like a champ

    In general the difference between the good and the bad shamans is ridiculously huge imo

    Last edited by Tides; 2012-11-13 at 06:03 AM.

  12. #12
    I'm not sure you thought this through before you came to this conclusion. Either that or you were misled/misinformed about something... or you thought you were being funny or trying to make a satire thread.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    I'm honestly surprised shaman are still even allowed to ankh and you're complaining about it. wow lol. There was an old ankh talent i think, but no one took it probably.
    The reason no one took the old improved Reincarnation talent was because, if I remember correctly, where it was positioned in the talent tree, you had to give up actual DPS/HPS output talents to take it. Back in those days, battle rezzes were not limited (except that druids were the only class that really had it), and the argument was you shouldn't be dying in the first place, so why take a talent that requires you to die to take advantage of it.

    I don't think it's too good; it's a unique class flavor thing. It's like arguing that Warlocks are too good because no other class can give Healthstones (hugely important for progression). Yes, allowing a full mana anhk would be completely overpowered, but I would like to see a talent (because let's face it, we have a lot of very weak talents) or a major glyph give the option to reduce the cooldown, or possibly a glyph that lets you come up at 100% HP. Other classes already have similar glyphs for battle rezz spells, so I don't necessarily think that would be overpowered.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    We got a couple of our guild first-kills this tier due to me ankhing, quickly throwing a few heals (as much as mana allowed) on the 2-3 people that were still alive and dying again. It was just enough to keep them going long enough to finish off the boss (especially you, Elegon, especially you). Normal modes were actually hard the first week!

    Don't call my pretty ankh useless. It deserves better.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I have gotten to the point where I feel like ankh is worthless. You resurrect with an abysmal amount of health and mana, whenever I die in a raid it's far more beneficial to be picked up by any other class.

    Simple fix. Talent/glyph to bring the 20% hp/mana to something tolerable. Maybe a reduced CD.
    You can always chug a health pot the instant you ankh, as there's a brief moment before entering combat. (even better if you're an alchemist, you get mana too)

  16. #16
    dont play a shaman, but druids did get a 100% battle res glyph or something didnt they? time for shaman one now.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    dont play a shaman, but druids did get a 100% battle res glyph or something didnt they? time for shaman one now.
    Endus has already stated why that wouldn't work.

  18. #18
    We don't want 100% mana...100% hp would be nice. If you say die in a void zone (like on Garalon during a crush stun, which is your own fault but still) you will probably die again instantly when you rez.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Aion View Post
    We don't want 100% mana...100% hp would be nice. If you say die in a void zone (like on Garalon during a crush stun, which is your own fault but still) you will probably die again instantly when you rez.
    You can't wait until said void zone has dispersed? Chances are if you die in a void zone your going to die again so does it really matter if you pop back up at 100%?

  20. #20
    Yeah I'll agree with the majority of posters here...you need to use it wisely and pay attention to your timers before using your ankh.
    The only thing about ankh is...as resto I come up with like 10% mana and I usually struggle to catch up, even using mana tide/potion or just standing there regenning for as long as the other healers can cover me for...unfortunately, that's not always the case, but abilities aren't supposed to work perfectly 100% of the time...we just have to make do and use it to the best of OUR ability.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •