Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The infusion slots are not going to help you outside the dungeon. Just like Agony will only show up inside the dungeon, infusions will not help or hurt you outside the dungeon. This is why they built in stats you would get from normal slots else the gear would actually be worse than exotics.
    Eh, if it were only for Agony, then they would not require such a complex system for infusions as they announced:

"There are multiple types of Infusions and Infusion slots. In November, we’ll introduce Offensive, Defensive, and Omni Infusions of Fine rarity from new Mystic Forge recipes. Infusion upgrade types must be paired with their like slot, with the exception of the rare and versatile Omni Infusions which can be slotted into any type of Infusion slot."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    Eh, if it were only for Agony, then they would not require such a complex system for infusions as they announced:

"There are multiple types of Infusions and Infusion slots. In November, we’ll introduce Offensive, Defensive, and Omni Infusions of Fine rarity from new Mystic Forge recipes. Infusion upgrade types must be paired with their like slot, with the exception of the rare and versatile Omni Infusions which can be slotted into any type of Infusion slot."
    Uh what i said is still true. You still dont gain any benefit from having an infusion outside the dungeon. What you link does not contridict what i said. In fact i was using that info to formulate my opinion on the matter. They could for example make offensive infusions only take effect when the Agony debuff is present. Or maybe the lore behind Omni infusions is that they are powered by the mists themselves and the strange energies that surround that place. Thus once you leave the Mists they no longer work.

Stood in the Fire
    Uh what i said is still true. You still dont gain any benefit from having an infusion outside the dungeon. What you link does not contridict what i said. In fact i was using that info to formulate my opinion on the matter. They could for example make offensive infusions only take effect when the Agony debuff is present. Or maybe the lore behind Omni infusions is that they are powered by the mists themselves and the strange energies that surround that place. Thus once you leave the Mists they no longer work.
    That seems to be a case of wishful thinking, I fear.

Also, if I read Ramon Domke's post right, difficulty progression as in Fractals of the Mists will be the future type of progression they're focusing on, so we can expect that it'll be not just limited to that one dungeon. (Really, it stands to reason that they're not going to introduce a whole new tier of gear with the accompanying grind for one dungeon; this is going to be relevant for a lot of future content.)

That seems to be a case of wishful thinking, I fear.

Also, if I read Ramon Domke's post right, difficulty progression as in Fractals of the Mists will be the future type of progression they're focusing on, so we can expect that it'll be not just limited to that one dungeon. (Really, it stands to reason that they're not going to introduce a whole new tier of gear with the accompanying grind for one dungeon; this is going to be relevant for a lot of future content.)
    No. The dungeon itself is its own separate thing. Yes it will be broadened and expanded upon in future updates and will have a self contained progression. Outside of that dungeon the only progression youll see is Blue > Green > Orange > Pink > Legendary
    Inside the dungeon it will just be more and more infusions to make your character seem stronger.

Also remember GW2 has a bunch of content teams. Teams adding events, zones (like the lost shores), Jumping puzzles, and even more dungeons. This dungeon is just a seperate mode of pve for those that want it. Other dungeons will be added to the game that are outside the FotM. These dungeons will work just like the current set of dungeons. No infusions required.

Stood in the Fire
    No. The dungeon itself is its own separate thing. Yes it will be broadened and expanded upon in future updates and will have a self contained progression. Outside of that dungeon the only progression youll see is Blue > Green > Orange > Pink > Legendary
    Inside the dungeon it will just be more and more infusions to make your character seem stronger.
    Please provide a source for these claims. The recent statements seem to indicate that this is not the case.

Edit: confirmation here: Infusions can provide regular stat bonuses also, and apparently not restricted to Fractals of the Mists, either.
    Last edited by Sylvanie; 2012-11-16 at 02:21 AM.

Please provide a source for these claims. The recent statements seem to indicate that this is not the case.

Edit: confirmation here: Infusions can provide regular stat bonuses also, and apparently not restricted to Fractals of the Mists, either.
    There is no confirmation there, there is a shaddy link with an all but fucked up image, and no Anet post to be seen...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    There is no confirmation there, there is a shaddy link with an all but fucked up image, and no Anet post to be seen...
    Its proven live.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...tested_recipe/

EDIT: People are power grinding these infusions via drops found in the new cash-shop chests; probably for world first discoveries.
    Last edited by probert; 2012-11-16 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Its proven live.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...tested_recipe/

EDIT: People are power grinding these infusions via drops found in the new cash-shop chests; probably for world first discoveries.
    Now THAT is proof =D, ok so it would appear that you'll get a minor buff from infusions, which is good, and seeing as how you get them via the mystic forge... As soon as ascended gear is achievable OUTSIDE of the fractals I see no issues with it... Although I'm kinda hoping the stats on them won't scale up with the agony resistance should zeeks theory be correct...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Surprise, surprise.