Poll: How often would you bathe?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Poll: A What-If on Bathing

Seeing so much negativity on the forums, so I decided to whip up a fun little poll.

Here is the idea:

If societal norms were no longer in effect with regards to bathing (such as jobs, mating opportunities, etc), how often would you take baths or showers? How long could you last before your own funk offends even yourself? Let's pretend that EVERYbody is totally fine with how you are, and the choice is yours alone to make. How often would you bathe.

Yes, the poll is coming, it will actually take time to type it, do NOT make posts urging me to hurry or the Hypnotoad will make you kill yourself.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Seeing so much negativity on the forums, so I decided to whip up a fun little poll.

Here is the idea:

If societal norms were no longer in effect with regards to bathing (such as jobs, mating opportunities, etc), how often would you take baths or showers? How long could you last before your own funk offends even yourself? Let's pretend that EVERYbody is totally fine with how you are, and the choice is yours alone to make. How often would you bathe.

Yes, the poll is coming, it will actually take time to type it, do NOT make posts urging me to hurry or the Hypnotoad will make you kill yourself.
    Why would you not just wait until the poll was finished to make the thread?

I'd still shower all the time... they're relaxing, and I like feeling clean

Hmm...probably wouldn't wash my hair as often, it's really long, but I'd definitely continue to shower in the morning and soak in a bath at night. It's my only time to myself after all and, without regards to personal hygiene, I'd desire it as much as I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Why would you not just wait until the poll was finished to make the thread?
    As far as I know, it starts the thread immediately, and THEN takes you to where you create the poll. I haven't seen it done any other way, but lord knows, I don't know everything.

Anyway, also put in options for male and female. This was done for purely scientific reasons and because it amuses me to do so.

Personally, I gotta shower at LEAST every other day. My own stink gets to me any longer than that, and that's even during my own sedentary lifestyle, with me not doing much else other than sitting around the house.

I feel disgusting if I don't shower at least once a day, so I'd probably continue with that.

I would shower just as much as I do now, every day.

Hrm...poll results are coming in, and already starting to wonder if I even needed to make a female section. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I shower every day unless I'm at a LAN-Party with friends, and we get sidetracked playing games/watching movies for 20hours a day.
    Or away camping, but then I spend most of that time in the river being fresh-ish.

I care about my hygine, and grooming, much more than others I know.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I smell like hot sick ass rotting in a dead corpse on Mercury during a 'literal' shit storm with a hint of vomit for extra seasoning.

Seriously, shower every day.. EVERY.. DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    I smell like hot sick ass rotting in a dead corpse on Mercury during a 'literal' shit storm with a hint of vomit for extra seasoning.

Seriously, shower every day.. EVERY.. DAY!
    Hrm...it sounds like we should be thanking you for doing so. :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Hrm...it sounds like we should be thanking you for doing so. :P
    If I could, I would like your post.

I would continue to shower but less frequently. I take a shower everyday when i am working and i did it too when i was at school. But as i am a guy that stay at home most of his free time when i am in holidays and if it is a week i don't exercise or need to go somewhere, just staying at the computer and around the house i stay 3-4 days without a shower. Also if i don't go out in a weekend i only shower friday night and then monday.

I only start to smell a little bad after 3-4 days and i hate that, so i should shower after 2 days max but in holidays i always delay it one or two more days.

All this i guess it's because i hate being wet, the bath is relaxing and all but i hate that feeling of being wet for some minutes after a shower.

So, i guess i would only shower every 3-4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    I would continue to shower but less frequently. I take a shower everyday when i am working and i did it too when i was at school. But as i am a guy that stay at home most of his free time when i am in holidays and if it is a week i don't exercise or need to go somewhere, just staying at the computer and around the house i stay 3-4 days without a shower. Also if i don't go out in a weekend i only shower friday night and then monday.

I only start to smell a little bad after 3-4 days and i hate that, so i should shower after 2 days max but in holidays i always delay it one or two more days.

All this i guess it's because i hate being wet, the bath is relaxing and all but i hate that feeling of being wet for some minutes after a shower.

So, i guess i would only shower every 3-4 days.
    Interesting. I never considered that people might not like the wet feeling after a bath. I can sort of understand, though. I only hate it on a cold day.

How often I shower depends on how active I'm being. If I just sit around in my room all day, I usually shower every 2-3 days. If I'm leaving my house for anything other than to grab something from the yard, or feel like changing my cloths, I shower. It'd stay that way no matter what society thought of it.

I would continue to shower everyday. I enjoy taking showers.

i picked F, 3-4 days. i have never noticed that i smell if i go a while between baths but if i go more than that then my hair will get really greasy looking and itchy. so thats as far as i think i would make it.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    once every 2-4 days on summer prolly close to once per 2 weeks in winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

never bathe, shower daily M 32
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I hate going to bed dirty from the day, so it would be everyday, i shower in te mornings before work as well if i do not go fr a morning surf