Poll: How often would you bathe?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Every day (male).

Before a long hot shower every morning I am completely non-functional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Are there actually people who only shower just because of society? I shower because it feels nice to be clean; the fact that society accepts it is just a benefit. And yeah, everyday.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Excellent, loving the responses so far, and a lot of males on the internet are more clean than I think my cynical mind expected.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Are there actually people who only shower just because of society? I shower because it feels nice to be clean; the fact that society accepts it is just a benefit. And yeah, everyday.
    I know I wouldn't do it every day if I didn't have a job in which I have to be around people. If I don't shower, I tend to sweat a lot more, it seems, plus my curly friggin' hair requires washing every day, after I wake up...bed head.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Varies. I would probably average twice a week if pain wasn't an issue. When I get pain spikes though I take quite a bit more showers (the hot water helps relieve the pain).

10+ Year Old Account
    Female.
    Probably every 2nd day, 3 at max because that's when my hair starts to look dirty.
    Every day in summer though

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish there was a "when necessary" option.

I really only bathe when I'm expected to be social, or I can't stand my own smell. I don't take baths anymore because they're just wasteful unless you don't have plumbing.

I prefer to take long hot showers, and can't really accomplish much with a short shower unless I recently took one within that past couple days. Most the time my issue is "do I have a clean set of clothes that I can switch out?" because putting back on the same clothes after cleaning yourself just feels counterproductive.

Taking long showers every day, especially multiple times a day, can get expensive unless you take cold showers (then you're a scary person).
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Once my hair gets noticeably greasy, usually 3-5 days? That's when it actually starts bugging me. Male.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I start to feel nasty after 2 days without showering. So every other day.

10+ Year Old Account
    2-3 days if i don't do annything that made me sweaty/filthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't go more than two days without a shower.
    Putin khuliyo

I voted every day cause I just love the feeling of hot water

kings ruled parts of europe during the no-bathing era

they just threw more powder on their wig and more makeup on their faces

we all lived

It really really depends on my level of involvement in my current activities. Under normal circumstances, I shower every day. There are times though when I go batshit crazy marathon mode and don't shower at all for a week or more. Mainly with certain video game releases. With some games, I play 18+ hours per day when they first come out. And I continue this behavior until I have 100% complete, or if that is not applicable, until I am satisfied.

Let's just say that when Halo 4 came out, I got it at midnight, and I'd beaten it before anyone else in my house had woken up. I now have every achievement in the game, minus a few that won't be possible for a few more weeks.

My longest point of not showering was probably a couple months before Gears of War 2 came out. I did the math, and to get the Seriously achievement before Gears 2, I'd need to get like 200 kills a day. I probably didn't shower for at least 10 days. I was playing so hardcore at that point I'm worried I probably did permanent damage to my body.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-11-13 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shower before bed, after sex and in the morning...

Deleted
    Only shower once a week. Besides the underarms, I don't wash anything else before the weekend.

I don't see any point in showering with the exception of the case where I actually smell, which shouldn't happen as I'm not some construction worker nor do I work out.

I love baths. I like showers too, but you can't read in the shower. I'd take one or the other at least once a day, like I already do.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:14 PM ----------

Also, I have long blonde hair and it really looks and feels gross to me if I don't wash it every day (even though my husband, mom, etc, say there is no difference). :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd still do it every day because it helps my back. I clean myself once a day, but I shower two to three times if necessary.

I usually take baths just to smell nice for my classes. I use Old Spice soap so I smell super good lol, I like to keep that scent.

Uhhhh. I'd probably continue to shower for each day I have to go out, but if I'm staying home and I had a really long day and nothing to do the next day I might take a day off.

Deleted
    At the moment, and especially in winter, I bathe at least 2 times per day.
    Simply because...well...taking a warm bath is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Seeing so much negativity on the forums, so I decided to whip up a fun little poll.

Here is the idea:

If societal norms were no longer in effect with regards to bathing (such as jobs, mating opportunities, etc), how often would you take baths or showers? How long could you last before your own funk offends even yourself? Let's pretend that EVERYbody is totally fine with how you are, and the choice is yours alone to make. How often would you bathe.

Yes, the poll is coming, it will actually take time to type it, do NOT make posts urging me to hurry or the Hypnotoad will make you kill yourself.
    14 hours. At that point if I haven't washed I loathe myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?