Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Youtube's advertisements are going out of control

I remember back in 2006 when I first saw a youtube video and I instantly fell in love. You could watch literally anything, instantly online. Then they slowly added advertisements which were understandable; their view base had dramatically increased and they needed to find a way to make some more profit. Then it got to the point where you had to watch a 30 second ad for a 15 second video, and now I'm getting picture ads below the video that starts playing monkey noises and music when I'm watching the video and you have to find the mute button on the ad. I really think that has gone way too far and really destroys the philosophy of youtube.

To the people comparing this to television: the only way it would be equivalent to youtube is if they started playing a minimized ad that overplays the programs your watching because that's pretty much what youtube has come to
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2012-11-13 at 06:16 PM.

Get an adblocker addon.

I use one for Firefox and I've NEVER seen an add on youtube.

Deleted
    Get AdBlock, you won't get anymore ads while watching videos on YouTube.

Adblock is your friend.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Adblock Plus.

Seriously though I've never, ever, seen one of the last type you described. and I watch at least 30-40 videos a day on there... The other adds (pre-video videos) don't bother me. They are a company providing you a service for free while trying to make money, let them, it doesn't hurt you.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

They seriously are...I mean who the fuck is going to sit through a 10minute ad for a 3minute video...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Get AdBlock, you won't get anymore ads while watching videos on YouTube.
    Not that I mind, but I'm not sure you as a mod can promote an addblocker as MMO-C profits from adds aswell. If you are than just ignore what I said, was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Not that I mind, but I'm not sure you as a mod can promote an addblocker as MMO-C profits from adds aswell. If you are than just ignore what I said, was just wondering.
    A lot of us use adblock, but for various sites we support we turn it off (such as MMOC).

30 seconds of ads for 30 mins of video is about normal

you see more ads on tv

the alternative is for you to pay for a youtube account. this dipshit idea of "something for nothing" can't work. when is the last time you washed someone elses car for free? what? you haven't? of course not, who the fuck does anything for free.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    A lot of us use adblock, but for various sites we support we turn it off (such as MMOC).
    why not just donate directly to mmoc and avoid the risk of a keylogger like last week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    When you get Adblock, you can choose what to block, so, normally, I have YouTube blocked and not MMO-Champion!

I really do miss old youtube

back when it was filled with a shit ton of pirated tv shows and shit and it was a place where you could actually say anything you wanted without your video getting taken down by some butthurt prick

shame it got to big for its boots but i still use it though i dont even notice the ads anymore

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to block ads when watching videos from your phone?

I completely agree. Doing anything on youtube now without adblock is very frustrating. One time I was listening to a playlist of songs when youtube decided it was a good idea to run a 20minute commercial on one of the videos, in the middle of a playlist of mostly 4-5min long vids.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Giggle* What advertisements =)?

No really go get adblock + and you will never ever see it again.

I have adblocker and use it for every website. And Do Not Track Plus too. Ive seen ads on youtube on mobile devices and its pretty annoying and getting even more annoying with sound effect ads.

There are advertisements on youtube?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Is there a way to block ads when watching videos from your phone?
    I have no idea, but I'm sure there's something that can block the ads on your phone.

You could check Google, but I'm not sure if you would find any help. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder if the amount of ridiculous ads on youtube have anything to do with the amount of people using ad blockers. either way i don't care since i'm one of those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think those are bad, just wait until Sony finally impliments what they have planned. You ever play a game and think to yourself that you wish there were ads in it? No longer will you have to!

I wonder when the government will change the laws on us and rule ad block as illegal because of a few greedy friends