Resto Professions - JC or Tailoring

Between JC and Tailoring which of these professions is the best? I am going to be getting Blacksmithing because 640 spirit is great but I am undecided between JC and Tailoring. Tailoring gives more spirit overall but since it is a proc it doesn't apply to Mana Tide, Whereas with JC the extra 320 spirit from gems will contribute to mana tide.

tailoring is our strongest profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynus View Post
    tailoring is our strongest profession.
    mmmmm we don't use cloth so i don't understand if trolling or serious

You gain alot more Spirit than 320 spirit from JC. One of those "super" gems gives you 480 spirit and you can have two of those in your gear. That's 960 spirit. Which is a pretty good boost nowadays. I'd go for JC rather than Tailor.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Aronaz View Post
    You gain alot more Spirit than 320 spirit from JC. One of those "super" gems gives you 480 spirit and you can have two of those in your gear. That's 960 spirit. Which is a pretty good boost nowadays. I'd go for JC rather than Tailor.
    Wrong. You only gain a net of 320 Spirit. You would put 320 Spirit gems in those sockets with or without JC; with JC you put in 480 Spirit gems. Across 2 gems, the net gain is only 320 Spirit.

Darkglow Embroidery gives you a 3000 Spirit proc with a 25% uptime, which works out to an average of 750 Spirit. You have to replace the INT cloak enchant to get this, but no other profession gives that option, and it is a net plus if you think INT > Spirit.

That makes Tailoring the strongest min/max profession for Resto Shaman. The fact you can't use the cloth gear you make with it is irrelevant; that gear is BoP anyway, so you just sell the tailoring stuff and buy LW craftables.

Also, Blacksmithing is the 2nd strongest profession. The 2 extra sockets give you 640 extra Spirit (with no penalty to get it), by putting 2x320 Spirit gems in them. This gives you +640 Spirit, which makes it twice as good as JC.

JC is good so if you have to switch what you are stacking you are good. Plus you can try to make some good gold off of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    mmmmm we don't use cloth so i don't understand if trolling or serious
    I am BS, am I a troll or serious ?
    Obviously we are BS or taylor not to craft our own equipement but for the bonus...

To OP
    BS and Tayloring are the best if you prioritize spirit, and it's a good option to do so (at least now).

A profession with a CD bonus (engineer or herbalist) can be interresting as our game play is really CD friendly at this moment, probably weaker in terms of HPS (but since they are multiplicative who knows) but fun !

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyzero View Post
    JC is good so if you have to switch what you are stacking you are good. Plus you can try to make some good gold off of it.
    NO !!!!!!

Make profit on alts, choose your profession on your main for the fun and/or min/max your caracter.

I started MoP with mining to make profit and to have comps for myself, I cancelled it when we started to raid. This is the only exception to that rule.