Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you support a WoW-Store?

Let me explain.

I've done every single Headless Horseman event since its inception and some years I've done it on multiple accounts. Still no mount. I've taken long breaks from WoW and so I've missed out on some opportunities which no longer exist. I know a lot of people are in the same boat. Now, personally, it doesn't bother me that much. It's annoying and I'd like to have it, but at the end of the day I'm not going to cry about it or spend money to rectify it. But some do, and some would.

So my question is, if such things as special mounts that require an in-game activity to acquire or were time-limited, or some like the Time-Lost Proto-Drake, just incredibly difficult to get, were added to the Blizzard store, would you support it or want to burn it to the ground?

I get the argument that some mounts are an 'achievement', but let's face it, nine times out of ten it's just RNG and there's nothing really special about that. And most people who get things like the TLPD use bots so competing 'legitimately' for one is just a matter of pure chance rather than any skill or effort. Things like the gladiator mounts or titles that require some actual effort or skill to acquire, rather than just plain luck or the fact that you were subbed at the time, should remain unobtainable, but if someone wants to get something by paying for it rather than achieving the gain in-game, why not let them?
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason people want them or make them so rare is that you cant buy them. If you could everyone would have them. There are plenty of people with alot of time played that just started in Cata etc.

Store? no.

Black Market? Yes.

I would burn the world to the ground.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in paying money for items in game unless it's really cheap.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I would burn the world (of Warcraft) to the ground.
    I fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Store? no.

Black Market? Yes.
    Yeah, but that just encourages gold-buying in my opinion.

I play quite a bit but I also find grinding or AH-farming terminably boring. I also tend to give things away to guildies and friends instead of selling things. Bottom-line, I have stuff-all gold. I recognise that if I made an effort, I could probably amount the necessary funds to buy something from the BMAH, but at that point, and in my opinion, I would cease to be playing a game since I simply don't enjoy those things.

I use myself as an example to illustrate why some people might feel it's justified in paying real money for an in-game item, as opposed to fake money.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Anything related to a blizzard store, I will burn down. Even the so-called charity pets - they're just leeching off a disaster to make money, a ridiculous small amount actually goes to charity.

We pay subscription, AND for expansions. I do not feel any of us should pay ANYTHING extra beyond that to get access to any form or content - you're either pay to play, or freemium, not a bit of both.

Before you know it we'll get a pay-to-play-cash-store game.

Edit: Note that I do not support goldsinks such as the BMAH either - it encourages gold buying. Rather, I'd see such mounts, and the store mounts, become available ingame through fun quest lines or as rewards for something interesting.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-11-13 at 02:02 AM.

I do not agree with the blizzard store

i have never bought a single item from it and never will

its a slippery slope imo

If you had shitty luck with drops well thats just the way the game is people should not be able to just buy items for IRL money just cause RNG is a bitch to them

and besides i thought thats what the bmah is for

I'd want it burned to the ground. RNG can be a bitch but there should be some things...even within WoW that money cannot buy.

And I feel your pain on the HH mount. I ran it last year on FOUR toons, EVERY single day which ended up being 56 times if my math is correct and still no mount. I've probably ran it over 120 times total without any luck. Meanwhile my friend ran it twice, DCed on the second fight so he didn't even contribute, and finds it in his mailbox. He rubs it in my face each and every opportunity he gets.

Cosmetics? Sure, whatever, I don't care. Sell chests with random stuff in them for $1 a pop, won't bother me, I just won't buy them provided I can still get them outside of the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Anything related to a blizzard store, I will burn down. Even the so-called charity pets - they're just leeching off a disaster to make money, a ridiculous small amount actually goes to charity.
    TIL: 100% is a ridiculously small amount. RIFT donates $10,000 to a panda charity ($1 per purchase, up to 10,000 purchases) and they're hot shit. Blizzard donates $1.9 million to Japanese relief fund and it's "a ridiculous small amount"

Here's my story. I like telling it because I hope that one day it will cause an actual IRL heart attack...

I got the TLPD by accident.

I was doing the Frostborn dailies, which involved slaughtering proto-drakes around the Engine of the Makers. After spending about 10 minutes murdering everything that flew, I looted all my kills and noticed some epic-purple in my chat log... it was the TLPD.

Which is about the only damn rare-drop mount I have. I've farmed MgT, Karazhan, Stratholme, EoE... bupkiss. Getting one of those mounts isn't an achievement, it's dumb luck. I'd really like to see it changed so that the relevant bosses drop some kind of "worthless reins" token that you can turn in 100 at a time (or 500 for a certain phoenix) for the rare mount of your choice... that would be an achievement. As it stands, it's really just a chance for the RNG to mess with your head.

If you're implying they should start selling rare mounts in the Blizzard store then you sir should go away. Rare is rare, life is harsh, not everyone gets a shiny. I don't even have a particularly rare mount.

I am not really against Blizzard making more money but some mounts should remain hard to obtain.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would LOVE the opportunity to have all of the amazing hard to get mounts, I would feel like a "cheat". The people that are lucky enough to have them either worked hard towards those mounts, or are very lucky and happened to acquire them. I felt like a cheater, for lack of a better word, by buying my sprite darter hatching off the AH. And it wasn't as special as it would have felt if it had dropped.

What if they were the same models, but different names?

That way people who earned them could still get the recognition of their greatness (yay, RNG gave me something, I feel like a big man now) but people who like the models but for whatever reason couldn't get them otherwise, can enjoy them as well.

Sell anything you want. As long as it gives no benefit to any primary aspect of the game, I could hardly care less.
    mounts, pets, fun items, whatever. when it gives another player a upper hand compared to an identical person who has not purchased them, THEN I will take issue with it.

Anyone who disagrees with this is just butthurt for literally no reason whatsoever.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Source? I read that Blizzard gives 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    They should remove the blizzard store entirely imo.