10+ Year Old Account

Probably a stupid question.

How badly would it affect the performance if I painted my heatsink with "anodizing" spray paint or black "chrome" spray paint? Just the fins btw. I know it'll probably impede the heat transfer somewhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would just be a few light coats, just enough to cover the shinyness of it, it sticks out in my case really badly.
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a whole bunch of other threads and replies from people way smarter than me when it comes to modding, and the majority of them seem to suggest against it : /
    Everyone seems to be screaming to use anodizing paint though, and that too really thin amounts.

Since it's just the fins of a heatsink I can guarantee it won't cause any conducting issues (just stay awaaay from the part that touches the CPU), but I really wouldn't have a clue as to how it would affect cooling performance, I also wouldn't know how your paint would react to getting heated to 60c+.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I realized its a moot point anyways, my case has no windows...................

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    Ya I realized its a moot point anyways, my case has no windows...................
    WTF THEN Y U ASK

(sorry, long day :P)
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I really wouldn't have a clue as to how it would affect cooling performance, I also wouldn't know how your paint would react to getting heated to 60c+.
    Now I'm interested in seeing how the paint would effect cooling and how the heat would effect the paint.

at05gt even if your case has no windows you must conduct this experiment in the name of science! and report your findings here ^^
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |