Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.0.5 Affliction Trinket Rankings

Tried to find a list but I did not come across anything. Anyone know where I can find something of the sort? Thanks.

Deleted
    I have a link to a list at home, I'll edit and link it as soon as I get a chance to. But as far as I remember the overall idea is something along the lines of:
    HC Trinket from Endless Springs
    Relic of Yu'lon
    Normal Trinket from Endless Springs
    HC Elegon Trinket
    Elegon Trinket
    Alchemy Stone
    Flashfrozen Globule
    Brewfest Trinket

Edit: Thought I'd mention that their actual weight depends on the rest of your stats as well ...

Edit#2: As promised, the trinket BIS list by Brusalk.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DVWhOLWc#gid=0

Edit#3: List is wrong, to avoid confussion I'll add this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Yep. Trinket ranking based on weights is
    1. H Light of the Cosmos
    2. H Essence of Terror
    3. Light of the Cosmos
    4. Relic of Yu'lon
    4a. Relic of Yu'lon post-nerf
    5. RF Light of the Cosmos
    6. Zen Alchemist Stone
    7. Essence of Terror
    8. RF Essence of Terror
    9. Jade Magistrate Figurine/VP Trinket
    10. Vision of the Predator
    11. Flashfrozen Resin Globule.

This is without optimal reforges, but it shouldn't affect the rankings at all.

Edit: Should note that with 4-piece and under sim (and not just stat weights) the current Relic of Yu'lon will likely be BiS along with H Light of the Cosmos. The ICD/uptime/effect of Essence of Terror is just not very strong. Post-DMC-nerf Essence of Terror should be 2nd BiS.
    Last edited by mmocfecbd8d6a4; 2012-11-13 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    EDIT : SCRAP THAT THE TRINKETS WON'T BE NERFED (it's a tooltip change to enable challenge mode scaling)

Remind that the drakmoon card trinkets will be nerfed in 5.1, with proc going from around 3000 to around 2700 (~12% nerf) so it surely will drop a little
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-11-14 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    Remind that the drakmoon card trinkets will be nerfed in 5.1, with proc going from around 3000 to around 2700 (~12% nerf) so it surely will drop a little
    A patch note that I missed that makes me bite my tongue. Why oh why!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    A patch note that I missed that makes me bite my tongue. Why oh why!?
    Mostly cuz heroic 502 trinkets should be better than a darkmoon trink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    Well crap. Is that a change on the PTR version? Cause it's not in the datamined info on either Wowdb or Wowhead from the PTR.

This would suck hard. I did NOT go out of my way getting this trinket with it ending up a second rate trinket even while progressing when it was a first rate one when I crafted it. They should only ever nerf content in a timely manner, not months and months after it was known from beta info that the DMF trinkets would be ace.

Deleted
    It is on the front page of MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Mostly cuz heroic 502 trinkets should be better than a darkmoon trink.
    it reminds me on the FL heroic....damn DMC:V was still BiS for me as demo...i cursed this item

so i'm looking forward to this change because higher itemlvl should always be better than lowlvl items

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It is on the front page of MMO-C.
    LMAO, OOPS.

I'm so busy with being a mod on the warlock forums I take less time reading the frontpage. I hadn't refreshed it yet today >.<

Deleted
    DMC:V was BIS until DS if I remember right. What's wrong with the DMC being BIS for the first tier this time? As it is now, it isn't likely to be BIS for 2 tiers, but one would be fine with me!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a link to a list at home, I'll edit and link it as soon as I get a chance to. But as far as I remember the overall idea is something along the lines of:
    HC Trinket from Endless Springs
    Relic of Yu'lon
    Normal Trinket from Endless Springs
    HC Elegon Trinket
    Elegon Trinket
    Alchemy Stone
    Flashfrozen Globule
    Brewfest Trinket

Edit: Thought I'd mention that their actual weight depends on the rest of your stats as well ...

Edit#2: As promised, the trinket BIS list by Brusalk.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DVWhOLWc#gid=0
    That list is wrong, it has the wrong amount for the HC Elegon trinket proc.

DMC:V was BIS until DS if I remember right. What's wrong with the DMC being BIS for the first tier this time? As it is now, it isn't likely to be BIS for 2 tiers, but one would be fine with me!!
    ToES trinket and Elegon trinket and BIS so far. The DMF trinket is replaced at top end pretty much this tier. Plus they are nerfing it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly its probably because the cards seem easier to get this time around. My low pop server is absolutely flooded with them.

I spent ~14k getting the cards I needed to get my deck the first faire because there was no Six of Serpents on the AH. And going back even with this nerf I would do it again. Its still a good trinket and will carry me till the end of Terrace at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    That list is wrong, it has the wrong amount for the HC Elegon trinket proc.
    Yep. Trinket ranking based on weights is
    1. H Light of the Cosmos
    2. H Essence of Terror
    3. Light of the Cosmos
    4. Relic of Yu'lon
    4a. Relic of Yu'lon post-nerf
    5. RF Light of the Cosmos
    6. Zen Alchemist Stone
    7. Essence of Terror
    8. RF Essence of Terror
    9. Jade Magistrate Figurine/VP Trinket
    10. Vision of the Predator
    11. Flashfrozen Resin Globule.

This is without optimal reforges, but it shouldn't affect the rankings at all.

Edit: Should note that with 4-piece and under sim (and not just stat weights) the current Relic of Yu'lon will likely be BiS along with H Light of the Cosmos. The ICD/uptime/effect of Essence of Terror is just not very strong. Post-DMC-nerf Essence of Terror should be 2nd BiS.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-11-13 at 04:31 PM.

shouldnt post buff zen alchemist be better than all raid finder trinkets
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    shouldnt post buff zen alchemist be better than all raid finder trinkets
    Only 2 RF trinkets. It's ahead of Essence of Terror but Light of the Cosmos is really strong. Compare:

Zen Alchemist Stone: 4041 INT proc, 15s, 55 ICD. 769 Mastery.
    RF Light of the Cosmos: 2866 INT proc, 20s, 45 ICD. 956 Haste.

So the average INT on the Stone is 1102, whereas it is 1274 on Light of the Cosmos. The Stone lines up better with DS currently though, so it might be stronger simmed.

apparently the dmc nerfs were just showing the numbers when you go into challenge mode and the trinkets themselves should stay the same as they are now.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...f-quot-mistake
    Last edited by kaamila; 2012-11-13 at 07:02 PM.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    apparently the dmc nerfs were just showing the numbers when you go into challenge mode and the trinkets themselves should stay the same as they are now.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...f-quot-mistake
    Thank God for that, made zero sense to nerf the DMF trinkets when they don't even last the entire tier, yet buff the alchemist stone which is absurdly strong for its ilevel already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much the 5.1 ilvl boost system changes the BiS trinket list.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Cant they buff said heroic trinkets instead of nerfing DMC. Dear God you are so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by raffie View Post
    Cant they buff said heroic trinkets instead of nerfing DMC. Dear God you are so annoying.
    I lol'd, also thought hrm... you're right, about the heroic buff and the annoying god.