Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    I wonder how much the 5.1 ilvl boost system changes the BiS trinket list.
    since all trinks will be able to get buffed equally... it wont effect the BiS list? at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    since all trinks will be able to get buffed equally... it wont effect the BiS list? at all
    Very true. Logically (if logic has any right to live in here) that should only widen the gaps between each of the trinkets.

That's assuming our stats scale the same when considering all of our gear will be able to be upgraded.

Stats weights are different at pre-raid gear than in BIS heroic gear ... maybe the ilvl boost across all slots will provide even further change to stat weights, possibly altering trink bis list. Just sayin'.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Each point of ilvl for relic, is worth more dps than each point on, for example, LFR elegon trinket. This means the relic trinket scales better than the elegon trinket with each ilvl upgraded. While 4-8 ilvls is probably too little to notice too much of a difference, it will change the differences between trinkets slightly, some getting closer or further away from eachother.

Been running different sims today, and for my gear at least even the normal essence of terror is siming a bit better then the relic, not a lot but some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Expandus View Post
    Been running different sims today, and for my gear at least even the normal essence of terror is siming a bit better then the relic, not a lot but some.
    I do too with my haste build but only for Patchwerk single target fights does it go up 150 dps for me. If I sim multi targets, helter skelter, light and heavy movement, Relic is the clear winner. My mastery build also has relic as the better trinket. Are you using a haste build and only simming Patchwerk single target? It doesn't line up with too many buffs and you have to take full advantage of the buff because it will only proc 2-4 times depending on the boss fight. Relic is still better.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2012-11-17 at 08:35 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

I did only try Patchwerk fights, but no i'm not using a haste build, stacking mastery. Will see what some light movement fights sais

edit: It's still siming better then relic for all the modes you mentioned for me. Though the more movement there is the less the difference becomes.
    Last edited by Expandus; 2012-11-17 at 05:00 PM.