Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Can we all just agree that the implicated notion of Thin Privilege is a hilariously bad one?

I think the only answer is to take away thin peoples' thinness.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a few years time, adverts will be full of fat, ugly, mutated people.

Fat girl in bikini drinking diet coke, or eating McD.
    Fugly women advertising make up or hair products (actually they are the ones that fucking needs it).
    Mutated people advertising home gym exercising kit, or fashionable clothing.

I can see TV is turning into hell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Can we all just agree that the implicated notion of Thin Privilege is a hilariously bad one?
    I sure as hell agree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    Oh, this topic again.

Friends, we need velociraptors. That way, nobody has to bother arguing about what obesity does to someone,

because they will die trying to run from the velociraptors. Do you want to be caught by the velociraptors? No?

You know what to do.
    Your plan has a serious flaw. Those who are skilled at applied math may survive despite their weight, as demonstrated by this: http://xkcd.com/135/

Remember, raptors run at 10 m/s and they do not know fear!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

[/COLOR]

That's a pretty serious mental contortion to think it's a psychological issue to read what you wrote as I did. Have fun with that, I guess.
    Everyone's got psychological issues, including your fine self, and if you assumed I called you a judgmental asshole from what I wrote, I will then (just as you did) assume you consider yourself a judgmental asshole in one way or another for you to even assume that to begin with.

Also, for added hilarity, you called me condescending just one post ago, smartass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Your plan has a serious flaw. Those who are skilled at applied math may survive despite their weight, as demonstrated by this: http://xkcd.com/135/

Remember, raptors run at 10 m/s and they do not know fear!
    Randall Munroe may be the best thing that ever happened to the internet.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Should I list what I have an issue with, then go on a tangent on how I expect other people to tailor themselves so that they won't annoy very significant little old me?

Get your head out of your ass.
    Being trapped and having your personal space invaded by someone is not expecting other people tailor to fit your needs. It's basic decency. If I pay for a seat in a movie theater that should should be my seat and my seat alone, not to be invaded by the body of another individual. Same goes for being on a plane in a window seat while some rather large person inhibits my ability to escape should the situation require it. These are legitimate concerns and calling people ignorant for them does little to justify a fat persons rights to infringe upon what you've bought and even your safety.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    what an incredible argument, "Don't hate them because they are fat" is all well and good, but it doesn't stop me from almost gagging when a woman has more folds of skin on her neck than Jabba the hutt it, it's only natural to think fat is ugly, especially in a day where fitness is a sign of strength.

Let me also note the final straw in this walking no brain scarecrow of a strawman.

There is a difference in being fat and being Obese.
    I'm not trying to stop you from having preferences in the types of women/men you are attracted to. Everyone has preferences; preferring black women over white doesn't make a person racist against white women, or preferring redheads over blondes doesn't make me hairist (?!) against blondes.

The thing I take issue with is vocalising that hatred and directing it against an individual person, when they may have perfectly valid reasons for being the size they are.

So if you see a fat woman in the line at McDonalds, here's two potential ways you can react:

1. raise an eyebrow, internally shudder and turn away in disgust, but otherwise stay silent and carry on with your day, or

2. Shout over at her, 'you fat fuck, eat some salad instead of 20 burgers!' and laugh at her.

Exaggerations, yes, but the point remains. You're entitled to your preferences. Just don't hate people for their circumstances, which you have no possible way of knowing.

Everyone's got psychological issues, including your fine self, and if you assumed I called you a judgmental asshole from what I wrote, I will then (just as you did) assume you consider yourself a judgmental asshole in one way or another for you to even assume that to begin with.

Also, for added hilarity, you called me condescending just one post ago, smartass.
    The judgmental part was right in your post. The "asshole" part was pretty obviously just snark. Take your own advice, read for context. I think I'm done with this exchange, it's a spectacularly pointless pissing contest about nothing at all. If you'd enjoy the last word, feel free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    Being trapped and having your personal space invaded by someone is not expecting other people tailor to fit your needs. It's basic decency. If I pay for a seat in a movie theater that should should be my seat and my seat alone, not to be invaded by the body of another individual. Same goes for being on a plane in a window seat while some rather large person inhibits my ability to escape should the situation require it. These are legitimate concerns and calling people ignorant for them does little to justify a fat persons rights to infringe upon what you've bought and even your safety.
    You must be pretty fat if you can't figure a way to get past a person on an airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    You must be pretty fat if you can't figure a way to get past a person on an airplane.
    I had an approximately 350 pound woman next to me on my last flight. This woman was sufficiently fat that she had to ask for a seat belt extension and couldn't put the tray in front of her down. There's no possible way you're making it past that person. I held my tongue, but damn...

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Pretty average weight for 6'1" maybe 5 or so over, working on that. The point remains if I'm in the window seat and someone the equivalent of Jabba the Hutt is taking up most of the row of seats I'm in my life is in danger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The judgmental part was right in your post. The "asshole" part was pretty obviously just snark. Take your own advice, read for context. I think I'm done with this exchange, it's a spectacularly pointless pissing contest about nothing at all. If you'd enjoy the last word, feel free.
    I didn't call you judgmental though, you assumed I did. Everyone judges people, I simply inquired that you should try not to. It is good for you, really.

But whatever, keep reading things that ain't there. Also, thanks.

I don't buy into ANY of the tumblr privilege shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    How often have you had either thing happen? Not to mention, I am a quite healthy individual in the sense that I daily partake in several hours of physical activity, both in work and for exercise, but I would impede your moviegoing experience far more than most fat people would. Do you recommend that I too purchase two tickets, or is it "ok" because I'm not fat?

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the sad part of it all is that if people would just keep their opinions on other to themselves and let people live their lives how they see fit, we wouldn't have problems like this. Of course that will never happen, but it's fun to dream. Perhaps the biggest problem with Fat in the first place is that it isn't like other things as far has social issues go. For example someone being black will never inconvience you in anyway, so to dislike them for that sole purpose is simple illogical. However someone being fat can cause you issues either in the minor such as sitting next to an overweight person on a airplane as someone pointed out, or in the major, such as the government spending millions of dollars in healthcare because of overweight people.

How often have you had either thing happen? Not to mention, I am a quite healthy individual in the sense that I daily partake in several hours of physical activity, both in work and for exercise, but I would impede your moviegoing experience far more than most fat people would. Do you recommend that I too purchase two tickets, or is it "ok" because I'm not fat?
    The movie situation? Probably... four times that I can think of off hand. One of said times I was agitated to the point that I was forced to stand up and leave the theater because what can best be called a morbidly obese man occupied himself to my right and a fairly large woman took up position on my girlfriends left. Both of us were forced to essentially take up half a seat each before finally deciding it wasn't worth the annoyance. The other three times? Same old song and dance, fat person takes up residence next to me, occupies the arm rest, spills into my seat and I'm forced to tuck my shoulders in.

If you can't attend an event without infringing upon others enjoyment, then yes, buy an extra ticket. Two if you want to sit in the middle of the row so that no one is forced to take up residence on either side of you or take an aisle seat and just buy one extra. I don't really care. But stop ruining my movies.

Promoting the more often than not self inflicted health condition as normal? Please. If that blogger spent half the time in the gym that they spend bitching about being fat, they wouldn't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Promoting the more often than not self inflicted health condition as normal? Please. If that blogger spent half the time in the gym that they spend bitching about being fat, they wouldn't have that problem.
    That much pretty much summarizes my thoughts on that Tumblr, in much shorter fashion.