Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    instead of levelling this 9 toons to 90 he should just spend 1 hour a day to do dailys and be exalted with everything right now.

Why does the ''WoW is dead'' argument always have to be about sub numbers? WoW can die in spirit too, you know. Just like in ''WoW is not as good as it used to be, it was at its best during TBC and WotLK''.

Inb4 ''lulz games have spirits?'' ..... no...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention the guy on public forums started up by saying he had no time to play due to family etc etc, yet he had leveled 9 characters to 90 and started gearing them, but didn't want to raid etc etc (Basically the same shit as all the rest of the whiny threads about character progression)

It's basically a perfect example of all the whiny shit with the "I don't have time card", yet in 99% of the cases it is literally just pure bullshit because people refuse to have to put the work / effort / time (w/e you wanna call it) into character progression, expecting everything instantly.., personally I hope those sort of players move along, and stay gone as they're pure poison to ANY mmo!

FYI; Golden Lotus is more required then the rest of the dailies, they're all optional content even if your considering character progression in any aspect of the game!
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-11-13 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post

edit: In all seriousness though, I sometimes wonder what people want. They do not want to do dalies, they don't like to spam "boring" 5mans all day, and raiding is not for them, and pvp is fustrating. I ask you, Why do you even play the game? Why? You don't like anything, nor come up with any suggestion of what might suit you, or any reason why you even need to progress your characters at all...
    This describes around 90% of the people on the forums. Those who are happy with the game are PLAYING IT instead of TALKING ABOUT IT on a forum. ^_^

No one is entitled to their own opinion? Since you still have the urge to player and others don't, they must be stupid and whiners and have unrealistic expectations. May I ask who you're conveying your message to? Is it to those who feel WoW is dead?

Thanks for your opinion though, I'll be sure to file it under "useless" just like you did for everyone else.

In reality, it's the moronic sheep like yourself that are killing WoW. We didn't need a reiteration of the thread, but somewhere in that feeble brain you thought it necessary to do so. If Blizzard stopped catering to these idiotic drones they could still be increasing in players rather than trying to get back to previous highs.

so i just started doing the dailies.

you start out with klaxxi and golden lotus theres also the tiller anglers and cloud serpent riders.

so thats 5 reps out of those 5 reps the only ones that offer any kind of non vanity reward is klaxxi and golden lotus and (if your the one who provides the feasts for your raids) the tillers. for the majority of people the anglers tillers and cloud serpent riders are pure vanity.

so lets say you feel like you MUST do klaxxi golden lotus and tillers. the golden lotus took me about 30 minutes, the tillers about 20 minutes and the klaxxi took a bit longer however i was watching tv and afked alot so lets say about 40 minutes.

thats an hour and a half a day. not much at all not to mention the fact that your pretty much already honored and then some with the klaxxi by the time you finish dread wastes odds are by the time your revered with the golden lotus you should be near exalted with them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 06:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    No one is entitled to their own opinion? Since you still have the urge to player and others don't, they must be stupid and whiners and have unrealistic expectations. May I ask who you're conveying your message to? Is it to those who feel WoW is dead?

Thanks for your opinion though, I'll be sure to file it under "useless" just like you did for everyone else.

In reality, it's the moronic sheep like yourself that are killing WoW. We didn't need a reiteration of the thread, but somewhere in that feeble brain you thought it necessary to do so. If Blizzard stopped catering to these idiotic drones they could still be increasing in players rather than trying to get back to previous highs.
    no the moronic sheep are the ones who claim the game with the highest amount of paying subscribers and one of the most popular games in the world is dead or dying and claim every new mmo on the block as pure perfection and a wow killer and refuse to admit the fact that it isnt wow thats declining but the entire mmo genre as a whole has been on the decline particularly on the east and that all mmos have been suffering a decline and that the mmo bubble has popped.

but no were the mindless drones sure...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is entitled to their own opinion? Since you still have the urge to player and others don't, they must be stupid and whiners and have unrealistic expectations.
    If this guy's wish is to have 9 (!!!) lvl 90s and get them geared in no time without doing anything, then yes, he has unrealistic expectations.

May I ask who you're conveying your message to?
    To those who read that forum, so that they don't get the thought that somehow, people like that topicstarter could be right.

Yeah right, because you're the smartest guy in the whole world, but the said world cannot appreciate how smart you are? Right :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 01:21 PM ----------

so lets say you feel like you MUST do klaxxi golden lotus and tillers. the golden lotus took me about 30 minutes, the tillers about 20 minutes and the klaxxi took a bit longer however i was watching tv and afked alot so lets say about 40 minutes.
    Yep. And that's actually the worst part, as GL dailies are quite numerous. Once you ding revered with GL (which isn't that long), Shado-pan and AC are respectively 5 and 4/5 dailies to do every day. Frankly, it's nothing to end the world. Even in my crappy ret offset with several prot pieces, I can do those quite easily.

Right now, the only dailies I'm doing more or less regularly are the cloud serpents. I also go on daily rampage on Friday/Saturday to get all my VP capped by Sunday, but even that is pretty minor (usually it's Tillers/Klaxxi/Golden lotus).

no the moronic sheep are the ones who claim the game with the highest amount of paying subscribers and one of the most popular games in the world is dead or dying and claim every new mmo on the block as pure perfection and a wow killer and refuse to admit the fact that it isnt wow thats declining but the entire mmo genre as a whole has been on the decline particularly on the east and that all mmos have been suffering a decline and that the mmo bubble has popped.
    Yeah that's quite funny actually. People claim that WoW is crap but still, no MMO even had the chance to come close to WoW's numbers and/or suffers the same problems as wow (class balance in GW2, anyone? XD)
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Cataclysm's first tier wasn't bad at all. The Molten front dailies and LFR caused the hate for the expansion.
    That caused YOU to hate the expansion.

I love this game, when something is too hard, comeback in two weeks it will be nerfed

Don't like the daily's ? Go cry on the forum
    Not enough Valor ? Go cry on the forum
    Your playstyle is different from all the other WoW player ? Go cry on the forum and get two separate raid lock per week

Now go nerf Garalon LFR or I will unsub

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Some fool declares Wow dead every other day. Nothing new to it.
    This, pretty much. How's that old quote from the WoW forums go? I CBA to google it, but as one former green poster put it, every single patch and change ever since the release of WoW has 'ruined the game forever' if you believe forum posts. They could change the color of the grass in a remote corner of Nagrand that no one has visited in six months to a slightly brighter shade of green and SOMEONE would claim it's the last straw that killed WoW forever.

TLDR version: People are stupid and like to bitch.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

I personally wouldn't mind dailies if they didn't take so long to do them. I mean now I only have shado-pan and august celestials left to do. But back when I was doing all of them every day, it took over two hours and by then either I had used up my time to play the game or was just burned out. I do have to agree that the fellow shouldn't be complaining about having to do dailies on 9 90s. That's intense.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm's first tier wasn't bad at all. The Molten front dailies and LFR caused the hate for the expansion.
    Huh? I thought they were pretty good additions.

I feel like my gripe isn't with the dailies, nor even questing as a concept, but rather the style of questing as it exists in World of Warcraft -- they could benefit by making quests play like scenarios with little-to-no input from the player outside of the actual deed (no questlog, no quest text, no accepting, no abandoning); you land in Sentinel Hill and immediately the zone-goal is to prevent X or to assist Y, a massive ordeal wherein experience gain is determined by how long you have participated and how much of a help you were.

Deleted
    He meant the game is dead to him, I guess. But still that post he made was hilarious. You can outgear the faction items running normal raids for a couple of weeks, if you don't raid then there's absolutely no reason why you should be bothered about getting that gear anyway.

I only do dailies on my new main, got everything at least past Revered and working slowly towards the mounts (already got 206, no need to rush for more yet). My alts are fine running LFR each week, and maybe some heroics if I badly need the gear to queue up. I won't be leveling factions on any of them, but I'm OK with that, it's not like I will explode if I don't.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2012-11-13 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I have two characters that have cleared MSV and one that is 4/6 in HoF(normal) and I have not done one single daily after my first round of them, because I realized they're not required and it wasn't fun.

Also, the guy who he's talking about was blaming Blizzard for taking time away from his family because he "had" to do dailies on all nine of his level 90s. If you think that is a rational way of thinking and not just him passing the blame for his own lack of self control and inability to prioritize then I don't know what to tell you.
    Congratulations, you have a good guild who doesn't mind carrying someone who doesn't put forth any effort. Most guilds would tell you to piss off because you can't even be bothered to spend a few hours gearing yourself up. Would you like a cookie?

OT: OP, there is always a surge of subs when new content is released. The subs won't stay as has been evidenced by every expansion Blizz has released in the past several years. Lots of people come back to see the new content, realize they still hate something about the game and quit again. This is nothing new so don't act like WoW is amazing again because they got some new subs a month after a major new expansion. Come back in a year and we'll see where the subs are at.

Didn't read your whole post but why react to such an idiotic thread from the official forums? Don't waste your time with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    I'm not sure about WoW dying, but I fully agree with his situation. Dailies are boring. LFR is terrible. Heroics are too easy and boring. Challenge modes don't give you gear. PvP is a broken mess. If you can't raid in MoP, what FUN method of progressing your character is left? I didn't want to do dailies or LFR, so I stopped playing, because there was nothing else I could do at 90 to progress my character.
    Well, you don't want to do anything in this game so it is very smart that you quit. But what is beyond me is that you expect Blizzard to fix that for you. There is plenty to do unless you don't want to do any of it obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats an hour and a half a day. not much at all
    An hour and a half a day doing boring stuff you hate is 'not much at all'. That's a ridicilous thing to say even if you only like playing one character. If you like to play a mere two that's three hours. This madness can't go on.

Deleted
    false, most of the sub loss were due to hard heroics and T11 raids. elitist qq on the forums didnt result in any major loss except from the obvious pre-exp lull.

No matter what Blizzard does, there's always going to be someone who is going to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Congratulations, you have a good guild who doesn't mind carrying someone who doesn't put forth any effort. Most guilds would tell you to piss off because you can't even be bothered to spend a few hours gearing yourself up. Would you like a cookie?
    No one in my guild does the dailies, either, except for like one or two people. We cleared MSV the first week in heroic blues/questing greens and now they've moved on to hard modes while I've quit raiding because of my new work schedule and still only one or two of them even bother with the dailies. The dailies are purely optional and valor gear is not required to progress. Not even if you're in some guild rushing for World Firsts. By the time of the World First Will of the Emperor kill the people in the raid would have had enough time to farm enough VP for one piece of gear. Maybe two, if they bought the two cheapest pieces and spent time farming VP the week of the kill when not putting in attempts on the bosses.

If YOU feel YOU have to do all the dailies then that is fine, but it's not Blizzard's fault.