Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I didn't mind the dailies on my hunter main. I don't even mind em too bad on my feral Druid alt. but she's a farming toon so I don't bother. My healers are the ones I'm feeling the pain. I like healing. But doing dailies on them just flat out sucks bc go figure I leveled as heals so I suck when I try dps on them. Never saw much point in learning to dps on those toons bc why would I choose them over a dps toon I'm much better at? I'm muddling through though. 5.1 buff will make it less painful.

I'm just so freaking bored doing the same quest chains all over again. Sorta why my alts tend to level in dungeons. I've seen the story now I just want to get to the end game. That's a lazy issue on my part but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh, since when? Last time I checked 4.3 managed to put a stop to WoW's decline.
    So no, it hasn't gone down as worst content patch in wow yet.

If you want to be objective about it, the start of Cata was the "worst" content yet since it made so many people leave.
    Didn't WoW lose like 1.1 million subs with this patch alone? Even 3.3 managed to bring in more subs untill it reached the 12 million. I'd say its not the worst content patch, but definatly one of the worst. The worst is still the one with the voice chat which nobody uses, or the revamped troll dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing various free MMOs(GW2 etc) till the new version of FFXIV or the US version of Blade and Soul....WoW just turns out the same every expansion...1 or 2 new things while the rest is just rehashed content...IE MoP new is pet battles while scenarios are just rehashed 5mans

http://us.bladeandsoul.com/en/
    Last edited by Slirith; 2012-11-14 at 04:39 PM.

i wanted to complain about dailies taking up too much time.... then i remembered i capped exalted on all the reps, and have done all but 1 achievement for them, so i dont bother doing them any more.

Deleted
    well with the dailies i actualy get my reps to exalted. with the tabards i always was like , "nah i will do it later , i will do it later " caus i fucking hate running 5mans ,i don't like PvE. and if i did run a few 5mans i had the problem forgettin the tabarrd , i have 0 cata reps on exalted because of that.

so yes i hate having a sort of second job , but it's my choice. i got the golden lotus on revered and i am now doing the shado pan. once shado pan is exalted i will be doing the golden lotus again. i work 1 faction at a time so i won't be busy all my play time with dailies , plus i still got stuff to do for the rest of the exp.

most of the QQers want to run in full epic at the start and be like , look at me lol i got 9 chars full epic.

this comes from a guy with 2 lvl 90s , 1 lvl 88 monk. ( the lvl 90s are shaman / hunter wich are both pretty good geared for PvP content.)

stop the QQ and just do something about it yourself:S and yes i laughed at the post of that guy with his 9 lvl 90s.

11million is possible you guys do know that the annaul pass promo is not counted into the sub count until those people resub after the pass is over so yes there could very easyily be near 11 million or close to 11million players or more.if you go read the way they count subs it says promos arent counted into it point is your going to see a sub increase nomatter what and i highly doubt they all of the annaul pass people won't resub maybe a few won't.

I will start by saying WoW is not going to die anytime soon.

Now, I have been a player for 7 years, but to me the game is dwindling heavily. I don't play it like I used to. I get bored quicker, to be honest I have grown tired and to me, it is dull.

that being said, personal opinions aside...

To say WoW's gameplay, graphics, etc are better than other games is just ignorant. There is only 1 thing that WoW excels, and it is in reality the only thing that matters in an MMO - the player community.

Warcraft has, 11 million players currently? It could fare to lose what, 9 or 10 million of those and still be competitive compared to other MMOs. People play WoW because everyone else plays it. Your friends, your co-workers, classmates, neighbors, garbage man, pool cleaning guy, hell your grandpa and his shuffleboard team probably play it too.
    Lets look back at the last time a great, well established MMO died. Everquest, which itself was killed by the up and coming WoW.

What has to be made to cause people to leave WoW, and for WoW to die, is a choice of quality that surpasses that of the established community. For EQ, this was achieved by EQ2.

EQ2 and WoW both released in November of 2004. EQ was one of the largest MMO's at the time, but stopping development of EQ, and creating EQ2 gave people a chance to try something new. It was a reason for everyone to drop what they were doing and search for the next best thing. had EQ never released EQ2, I am willing to bet it would have gone somewhat differently. They tried to move their entire userbase to a new game, and in doing so their userbase found a home somewhere else.

Lets face it, in its early months, Warcraft was an absolutely horrifying game. the amount of gamebreaking bugs, glitches, imbalance, poor itemization, entire talent trees rendered completely useless, WoW in the first year was a practical abomination to the MMO industry. But they hit the nail on the head with a picture perfect release date, landed it in a time where because of the shift EQ made, there was no greener pasture to go to.

slowly perfecting their gameplay, WoW has locked themselves in as the absolute go-to titan of MMOs. The only way this can be killed is that quality decision stated earlier, and the decision is going to have to be MASSIVE to beat 11 million players. it would have to be massive to beat half of that.

TL;DR - The only way WoW can die is halting production on WoW for a sequel (lets say, WoW2), which will never happen. Ever. Blizzard knows how huge of a mistake this would be, considering they themselves dismantled Everquest as a direct result of this. You have many many MANY years to go before WoW can die. I wouldn't hold your breath. anyone who can blatantly claim the death of wow is seriously butthurt about something, but I guarantee that something isn't even remotely detrimental to the longevity of their IP.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    11million is possible you guys do know that the annaul pass promo is not counted into the sub count until those people resub after the pass is over
    That's 100% wrong, you know. The annual pass holders are subscribed all through the time they are on the annual pass, and are counted as subs during that time.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    you guys do know that the annaul pass promo is not counted into the sub count until those people resub after the pass is over
    Total nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fans really do take things for granted in WoW. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The big problem is VP production is way down. Worse, the VP grind will never end, since it will take close to six months to earn enough VP to buy the two upgrades for every slot (and you know they will tune content to require that upgrading).
    That's a pretty strong assumption, as most pieces from heroic T14 will be replaced by normal T15 or at least by early heroic T15.
    Also frankly, once all LFR wings will be open, capping valor will be a joke.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Fans really do take things for granted in WoW. -_-
    Thank you for becoming a part of my sig :x.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I bought GW2 last week b/c it was on sale from GMG. Playing it, it's hard to go back to WoW because WoW feels more like a job and less like fun. GW2 isn't perfect, but it does show an evolution beyond what WoW now offers. The F2P model they use is also pretty spot-on, and something I wish Blizzard would learn from. Because I would buy things like cosmetic outfits, pets, mounts, etc. if I weren't already paying $15 per month (as evidenced by already buying keys for GW2).

Anyway, I do think WoW is well past its prime, and it's going to continue to have problems keeping people like me playing with outdated ideas like allowing kill-stealing, resource node competition, and broken small-time PVP.

Flame away. I've played WoW since beta and I'm unsubbed because it's just not offering me enough entertainment value compared to alternatives anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I unsubbed from WoW a couple of months before MoP came out. I don't really see any new features that fix the two major issues that caused me to unsub: 1. The community is horrible and Blizzard refuses to take any action against people who make it worse. 2. If you don't raid or pvp, there's nothing for you to do once you reach max level. I'm not going through another boring daily grind like the Molten Front again, so I'm still unsubbed. Probably won't ever re-sub unless those two issues are addressed. Chances are they won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    Every expansion killed WoW

Imagine if these daily whiners had to deal with attunements...? Dear god that'd be horrendous
    The funniest part about this is I love attunements but hate questing, usually they required you to do a mix of raids and dungeons which I'm fine with. Those are why I play the game.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I'm not going through another boring daily grind like the Molten Front again, so I'm still unsubbed.
    Given what the daily quests are like for the various MoP factions, you have made a very wise decision.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Given what the daily quests are like for the various MoP factions, you have made a very wise decision.
    LOL Yes, so I've heard. I do have some alts that I'd like to get to max level though, I was having a ball leveling my Warrior tank and Mage RP alt, but I just can't justify the money/time investment if I'm going to get back into the game and then spend the next 2 years parked (again) in a major city (again) feeling forced to do the same dailies over and over (again) again.

I wish that they could periodically (every couple of weeks or so) add in some plot-heavy lore-filled long and hugely difficult quest lines, or maybe some class-specific content. That would at least keep me subbed. I don't care about gear or progression or any of that, I just want fresh content on a relatively normal basis, I don't even care if there's no rewards for it, I just want to do new stuff more often.

First point, OP is clueless to the reality of numbers. 10 mil is 10 mil, not 11 mil. If indeed it was over 11 mil, then WoW officially would have said it. 2nd, if they are still at 10 mil subs and China gained 1 mil, that means the NA/EU might be losing subs, which is bad. Especially since China is only about 6% of WoWs revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Thank you for becoming a part of my sig :x.
    I feel honored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    9 Million subs at the end of what was considered the worst wow expansion, at which point do we stop calling them fanboys and something new and inventive instead?

@Op, wow has touched so many gamers in good and bad ways and all you are seeing from some moaners are a minority of a group of gamers who struggle to let go of what was once a great game for them and has now turned into something they dislike, even tho it turned into something many of us prefer. They simply want their old wow back and struggle to come to terms with it.

One day each and every one of these moaners will eventually move on in life and probably stop visiting sites like this altogether, unfortunatly tho as 1 moves on another drops into replace them thus the neverending cycle.

If anything I always take from negativity of what a great game wow was, has been and still is, people dont moan about something they dont care about
    Couldnt agree with this post more Kesandri...nailed it.