View Poll Results: Are you a "loner"?

Voters
324. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    247 76.23%
  • No

    77 23.77%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Fluffy Kitten Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    9,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    So, do all introverts have depression, the only one of my friends that says hes an introvert also sometimes can't get out of bed for days because of depression.
    No. That is purely anecdotal.

  2. #62
    I'm an ambivert, so i didn't know whether i should vote yes or no.

    I'm better off with my friends though, so i voted no.

  3. #63
    Brewmaster FrozenFlames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    how does that make you exhausted?
    Metal Energy is when you've had 5 hours of math class. When you cry because somebody died. That actually exhausts you just as much as physical energy.

    Introverts just overal 'prefer' to be alone than to be with (a lot) of people. They prefer one-on-one discussions rather than group discussions. They normally dont feel 'at home' in large groups and this just costs mental energy. Just like certain situations like perhaps giving a presentation and being stressed about it can cost energy.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    Metal Energy is when you've had 5 hours of math class. When you cry because somebody died. That actually exhausts you just as much as physical energy.

    Introverts just overal 'prefer' to be alone than to be with (a lot) of people. They prefer one-on-one discussions rather than group discussions. They normally dont feel 'at home' in large groups and this just costs mental energy. Just like certain situations like perhaps giving a presentation and being stressed about it can cost energy.
    see that's weird, there is no real thing making you mentally exhausted, just the amount of people around you. Does nobody else see how that is weird?

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    So, do all introverts have depression, the only one of my friends that says hes an introvert also sometimes can't get out of bed for days because of depression.
    No, depression happens on both introverts and extroverts, I was just using that example and a mental spending tiring energy, if that makes any sense.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 04:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    see that's weird, there is no real thing making you mentally exhausted, just the amount of people around you. Does nobody else see how that is weird?
    It's not weird. And yes, there's a real thing that makes us tired, PEOPLE. And it's not weird.

  6. #66
    Brewmaster FrozenFlames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    see that's weird, there is no real thing making you mentally exhausted, just the amount of people around you. Does nobody else see how that is weird?
    Its 'annoying' and/or 'hard' to have them around. You have to 'sort of' not be yourself, you have to make interactions you normally dont do. You are using your brain the whole time when around people and thousands of processes are taking place and obviously this consumes energy. I dont know how I could explain it better. While someone with a naturally atheletic build may be better at a marathon and last longer, someone who is extravert may 'last longer' with people around it.

    But no, it is not weird. Even though I can understand that it SOUNDS weird to you.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    Its 'annoying' and/or 'hard' to have them around. You have to 'sort of' not be yourself, you have to make interactions you normally dont do. You are using your brain the whole time when around people and thousands of processes are taking place and obviously this consumes energy. I dont know how I could explain it better. While someone with a naturally atheletic build may be better at a marathon and last longer, someone who is extravert may 'last longer' with people around it.

    But no, it is not weird. Even though I can understand that it SOUNDS weird to you.
    but interacting with people is a normal everyday thing humans have been doing since the dawn of humanity, its not like marathon runners, marathons are not something people need to do on an everyday basis.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    but interacting with people is a normal everyday thing humans have been doing since the dawn of humanity, its not like marathon runners, marathons are not something people need to do on an everyday basis.
    It doesn't change the fact that we get tired, it has always been like this as far as I know. It's pretty normal.

    And yes, interacting are normal. Also, some introverts might last longer or don't get tired as fast as other introverts do, some might not even get tired, instead, they might get bored, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still introvert and need to get away to think clearly or be unbored.

  9. #69
    Brewmaster FrozenFlames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    but interacting with people is a normal everyday thing humans have been doing since the dawn of humanity, its not like marathon runners, marathons are not something people need to do on an everyday basis.
    Yes its in the human nature to interact with other people, cant disagree with that. But what's your point then? Are you trying to contradict my point or what are you asking?

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that we get tired, it has always been like this as far as I know. It's pretty normal.

    And yes, interacting are normal. Also, some introverts might last longer or don't get tired as fast as other introverts do, some might not even get tired, instead, they might get bored, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still introvert and need to get away to think clearly or be unbored.
    but why does people around you inhibit your ability to think clearly?

  11. #71
    Ehhhhhhhh, I have no friends because I'm chronicly unemployed and moved after getting out of high school

    I had briefly made "friends" in my new area but they were all druggies, liars, and users......... so I disowned them and am back to 0 friends.

    Better to have no friends than friends who will use you,lie to you, and/or make you end up in jail with them.......... right?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    but why does people around you inhibit your ability to think clearly?
    It doesn't inhibit us from thinking, it just makes us tired and exhausted, yes, that might also affect how we think but really that's just how it is.

    There's really nothing else I can say at the moment. Both me and FrozenFlame already explained all we could, atleast I think I have.

    If you really want to know everything, I don't know, talk to a person that has experience and is an expert in this matter?

  13. #73
    Brewmaster FrozenFlames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    but why does people around you inhibit your ability to think clearly?
    Introverts have more brain activity (For the record, more brain activity =/= smarter). They think a lot more instead of ''ACT!'' especially being with other people. When people talk to you, you cant think as clear as when nobody talk to you, right - or you cant follow the conversation? But because people talk to you, you are forced to ''not think as much'' as one would normally do and thus, would require some time afterwards to think.

  14. #74
    I like my alone time but I also like the time spent with my friends.

    Hard to choose, really. I'd say more of a loner as I do spend more time alone than with other people :P

  15. #75
    Mechagnome psychedelica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Norway, Oslo
    Posts
    649
    yea I am a loner. i was social at childhood but it droped much after awhile. i dont like going to on party and i prefer being alone with a computer/ other entertainment then social things. however i do tend to go out if there are intresting films showing with friends or laser tag. but I am still at my 20s so well see how it goes.

    "I am Introvert between"

  16. #76
    Yup, loner. i like to go to the cinema with my brother and his friends and go out with him when i'm older but i'm socially awkward to everyone except my family and i can't make conversations or talk with strangers, i usually answer things but that's it.

    There's nothing i can do, it sucks.

  17. #77
    I like being a lone wolf. Nobody understands me anyhow

  18. #78
    *sigh* Another I don't know..

    I can't stand being alone, I get depressed after a 4-5 hours but at the same time, I don't like to "hang out" with people that much either. I just need to be in public but be left with my own thoughts most of the time but I enjoy talking with people I feel comfortable with as well. The only thing I hate is being in a situation where I feel like I have to give a good impression. I absolutely hate interacting with attractive guys or being in a formal situation where I cant get away with stupid comments or slouching.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    I like to think of myself as someone with a limited capacity for other people's shit.
    This.

    My "problem" is that i don't give a shit about other people, just about my family and 1 or 2 online friends. I talk to people in work/class, but just to spend time, because i really don't care about 80% of the things they are talking about.

  20. #80
    The Lightbringer Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,990
    I would have to say I am, I really don't like to socialize with people unless I have to. Anyways, it doesn't bother me in the least, I don't seem to get along with most people I meet(most likely my fault XD). I like my little group of friends I have and couldn't careless to expand it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •