View Poll Results: Are you a "loner"?

Voters
324. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    247 76.23%
  • No

    77 23.77%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Im a loner in the sense of.. I enjoy peace and quiet. I dont drink/smoke/drugs, so going out never really appealed to me.

    I love the company of my wife and daughter, but other then that.. I can take or leave it. I prefer being alone

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Being introverted always sounds like a disease to me.
    People like you... So quick to judge others on everything. DURR GET HELP
    Because it's so easy to cure anxiety, right? Especially if you had it since you were a little kid.


  3. #83
    Titan Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    11,906
    I'm a loner in the sense that most of the people I hang out with, I don't particularly like, and only do so for the sake of appearances and something to do when I'm out doing the socialite thing. I keep a small group of close friends for genuine relations.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  4. #84
    Most people shit me. Too full of themselves and their own problems.

  5. #85
    I am Murloc! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,532
    Ide say im not, I get really fidgety when I havent been out for a few days. Plus you cant gorge on sushi and get wasted by yourself!

  6. #86
    Immortal apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    7,799
    75% said yes? This poll looks fishy to me. Even if this forum is a group of gamers, I feel that it should not be this high.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Humans are social animals. Being a real loner is usually either a mark of current mental illness or profoundly unhealthy for long term mental health. Just putting that out there.
    I'm not a loner, but am pretty much completely alone.... seems I'm not good friend material.

    But yeah - being alone sucks badly, but nothing I can do about it.

  8. #88
    I voted not a loner because I feel that while I still enjoy alone time. I still have a large circle of friends all of which seem to like me and we all get a long well.

    I will say however, I've got this one friend who is so needy of attention and friendship it's slowly driving me into this loner abyss. Not something I really want tbh.

  9. #89
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Schmocation
    Posts
    131
    Definitely a loner. I'm happy with my own company, and most people piss me off too much. I like to keep to myself, but at the same time I don't freak out at social interaction. Living on my own doesn't bother me - it means that I can live as I like.

  10. #90
    I'm schizoid so I'm pretty much the ultimate loner :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  11. #91
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,321
    Not at all, I get pretty fucking depressed if I don't go out with mates at least 2-3 times a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    75% said yes? This poll looks fishy to me. Even if this forum is a group of gamers, I feel that it should not be this high.
    If anything that seems low to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  13. #93
    I am Murloc! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    5,878
    I don't chose to not make friends, having social anxiety kind of keeps me from it.

  14. #94
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,820
    Of course. Never really liked people and Skelington always had a lot of trouble socially either way. They neutralize each other.

  15. #95
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,593
    I think everything in my sig answers this question for me.

    Yup, people are annoying generally so I steer clear.

  16. #96
    The Patient Rupture91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the mountains....
    Posts
    227
    Well, i don't really go out with my friends all that often. I'd much rather go to the gym, come home get stoned and play video games. I do go out to socialize occasionally since i don't want to become a hermit but I'd much rather be alone since like i said, i am the shy type.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

  17. #97
    No. We're social creatures and stronger for acting together. Teamwork is important. And while you don't need to have people all up in your junk 24/7, I think it's foolish to push people away or try to do things yourself when people are willing and wanting to help, especially if they're good or better than you at what you're trying to work in.

    And for non-work-related things, also no. It's not hard to keep your privacy and also maintain friends, even if it's a small group. Your own little "pack" if you will. This is, of course, assuming you have the desire to, which I do.

    This, of course, doesn't mean accepting EVERYONE. Most people are fools, and I'd rather do without.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  18. #98
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,099
    Not really no. Sure it's nice sometimes to be left alone, and I don't want to be around people all the time, but as long as I can have a day or two for myself now and then, I'm happier when I'm with my friends.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    TL;DR - I'm a normal healthy person with the ability to socialise and make friends but I choose not to, because I prefer to live life on my own and by my own rules.


    Are you the same?
    I'm quite the same. In fact, I had a roommate for about a year who was the exact same as me in almost every regard - shockingly so, not so much that that type of person existed, but that we were work colleagues, and ended up living together for a time. We shared the same interests, the same sociability (we each had our own group of friends), but the same "lone wolf" mentality.

    He moved out about a year ago to pursue a top secret government occupation, and we haven't spoken since. And I think as close as we were, we could go our whole lives never speaking again, content with the good memories we have of each other.

    I currently live alone and don't pursue relationships, but I rarely if ever feel "lonely". I am where I want to be in life, and when I feel a need to change that, I'll do so. But until then, I'll continue to do things alone, and be content with it.

  20. #100
    Well sort of yes? It depends on the situation, for instance I will never workout with another person no matter how much they beg me lol. On the other hand though I would never go to a concert all by myself. I like being alone and I like being with other people but I don't really have a preference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •