Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

So the change to Shuriken Toss...

...is supposed to be their way to improve mobility on conservative ways? Really?

Because it seems that 5.1 is almost here, seeing how the last builds were minor changes to Achievements and tooltips.

"Spear Hand Strike now costs 10 Energy, down from 30". While I'm happy that Monks now have a more reasonable energy cost to their interrupt in PvE (it should be free, but whatever...), it seems that our interrupt got completely overpowered by this new version. It seems funny because our "interrupt perk" was supposed to be its increased school lockdown.

Deleted
    They said somewhere they want to "get the outliers in line with everyone else first, then see what needs adjusting from there"

AKA - Lol we can't be bothered to fix you unless you're broken in PvE, maybe we'll throw you a bone in 5.2 or 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    They said somewhere they want to "get the outliers in line with everyone else first, then see what needs adjusting from there"

AKA - Lol we can't be bothered to fix you unless you're broken in PvE, maybe we'll throw you a bone in 5.2 or 5.3.
    The question is what did they really fix? Warrior burst 100% same in 5.1, Fire and Frost mages will still kill you in a deep with frostbomb. They hotfixed the bug with Stampede the 5.1 hunter burst nerfs will be overkill on top of a cc'able pet. So out of the 3 big bursters hunters were gutted to uselessness and mages and warriors burst wasn't fixed at all...

Meanwhile all trash classes are still trash..

Yeah honestly our should be free. I don't know enough about monks, maybe it should just be free for them too... However, theirs is without a doubt stronger than ours, so why should ours have the same cost? Now if they were both free of cost, that would be fine too.

I'm failing to see how ST is mobility. Thats like replacing the crutch of a guy on crutches with an assault rifle... sure he can now shoot some one at a distance, but he isn't more mobile...

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post

I'm failing to see how ST is mobility.
    Another thing with this is you can't buff one talent then claim that talents are a choice like blizzard has. Talents should improve our mobility not be our mobility. With other classes they got this right with rogues much like everything else with them they just said fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Meanwhile all trash classes are still trash..
    Is there more than one trash class?

I can name rogue. What's another?

Hint: Your answer has to be a class. There's only 11 classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

For pvp that be monks and come 5.1 there won't be any good hunter spec. So thats 3 classes but would you be happier if I wrote classes/specs? Not that it matters the main point was this patch really fixed nothing about pvp for anyone overall.
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-11-13 at 08:21 PM.

I'm not seeing monks as being useless, actually. When you look at the tiny fraction of level 90 monks, their arena rep outpaces that. Mistweaver brings game to arena, for certain.

Also, it's too early to call hunters dead. Who knows, maybe something ELSE will deal quad damage...

That is silly.

Elemental Shaman, Restoration Shaman, and Enhancement Shaman is not one class.

Feral Druid, Resto Druid, Balance Druid. Is not one class.

Rogues how ever, are just 'one class' regardless of spec, Same with Hunters, Warriors, and Death Knights (Bar blood who plays that anyway)

Not really related to Shuriken Toss. But it's kinda silly your way of judging that question.

This may be a little off topic but, why did I just see a hunter get destroyed by a rogue using this ability only ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    This may be a little off topic but, why did I just see a hunter get destroyed by a rogue using this ability only ?
    Because the rogue was Assassination, the hunter was in PvE gear as well as pretty terrible as the game *if this really just happend*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qcyq9iQg0w

At the end of my silly video you see me 100-0 a ret pally in pve gear. Takes about 7 seconds with Shruikan Toss/Deadly Throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    That is silly.

Rogues how ever, are just 'one class' regardless of spec, Same with Hunters, Warriors, and Death Knights (Bar blood who plays that anyway)

Not really related to Shuriken Toss. But it's kinda silly your way of judging that question.
    No I'm frigging not. When you have a good spec (say, shadow) and a bad spec (say, holy), you can still be useful, play with your friends, get RBG groups cross server, help people out instead of being carried. You just have to be willing to play your damned character.

I suck unless I play an alt. If you can't see that's not ten times fucking worse than having to play resto because enhance isn't good enough or whatever, I absolutely can't help you, because you don't even think of rogues as as a real class, you think we are like some funny kind of cat druid. That's not how it works. Rogue. Paladin. Druid. Shaman. THOSE ARE CLASSES. Not enhance, combat, holy, guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    That is silly.

No, its not silly. In fact its retarded that rogues constantly get compared to specs of other classes. Shaman is one class, druid is one class. Perhaps what you mean is rogues are just "one role" and ele/enh are not "one role" which is true, but you can't counter a "class X sucks" comment with a "well at least its better than spec Y" because spec Y is 1/3 or 1/4 of a class and they have other options on that same character.

If ele sucks, go resto/enhance. If rogue sucks that means combat/assassination/sub all suck and you can't just go spec into something else and not suck. I'm not saying that its fine if one of the roles a hybrid can pick sucks, but its a massive fail comparison because they have non suck options to choose if they so wish.

Yea, I'm not trying to claim it's fine if ANY damage or heal spec isn't viable in arena (or tank spec not viable for tank role in RBG). But it's a totally DIFFERENT problem than having a trashbag class that can't get groups, holds back his friends, and is trying to role some dumb fotm alt or whatever, and that happens a LOT. And this may be intended- GC said straight up that people who think Combat should be super different than Sub would be disappointed, but he never gave even half a reason for why my class should receive about one sixth the dev time that druids get.

And don't even get me started on the glorious and unique athletic animations of the monk class, stuff that should have been rogue things from day 1. We essentially don't even have animations, a nelf chick mob does the same moves I do.

Yea, I'm not trying to claim it's fine if ANY damage or heal spec isn't viable in arena (or tank spec not viable for tank role in RBG). But it's a totally DIFFERENT problem than having a trashbag class that can't get groups, holds back his friends, and is trying to role some dumb fotm alt or whatever, and that happens a LOT. And this may be intended- GC said straight up that people who think Combat should be super different than Sub would be disappointed, but he never gave even half a reason for why my class should receive about one sixth the dev time that druids get.

And don't even get me started on the glorious and unique athletic animations of the monk class, stuff that should have been rogue things from day 1. We essentially don't even have animations, a nelf chick mob does the same moves I do.
    Well the cata sub was certainly super different than combat and I don't blame people for expecting something like that, cause compared to that now sub = combat (not literally but hope you get what I want to say). I agree with the time part aswell or at least it doesn't show that they are putting as much effort into rogues as into druids etc. We are left with a "Haste will solve everything" line and that is bloody annoying.

Guys, don't worry they will buff us in 5.2 and 5.3 only to nerf again in 6.0 (much like buffs of 3.2, 3.3 and 4.3).
    Meanwhile I get to enjoy mages and paladins and plan to add more classes to that list.

It is actually a good decision to not just buff rogues while at the same time they are reducing the overpowered classes.

When you have warriors that are equal to gods in terms of control and power and hunter who may lack the control part but are equal in power you need to be careful in how you handle the rest of the classes.

Personally I think that the rogue class will be fixed the moment warriors and hunters don't destroy everything that moves and the moment mages don't frees everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    If ele sucks, go resto/enhance.
    It does NOT work like that.

One is a caster dps, one is a melee dps, one is a healer. The reason why I play Elemental is I prefer playing caster, telling me "no you can't be viable, go play a healer instead" is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    It does NOT work like that.

One is a caster dps, one is a melee dps, one is a healer. The reason why I play Elemental is I prefer playing caster, telling me "no you can't be viable, go play a healer instead" is retarded.
    It isn't retarded. It's unfortunate. But your character is still useful, even if Blizzard has undertuned your favorite spec. My favorite spec has been largely unplayable in arena ever, so my sympathy is a bit limited. Crying because you don't want to / can't / are unwilling to play your entire class instead of a narrow niche also isn't nearly the same as saying "my entire class is unplayable", which is about where rogues are in arena right now.

I can't spec caster dps either. The bigger difference is, none of my specs are viable.

Even heard of monks, actually monk is worse than rogue in PvP.
    With BM nerf Hunter might become another one too. Since expect BM the other two spec was bad as well.