Mogu'shan Challenge Gold Help

I was looking for some help with this instance. I'm 6/9 gold and this instance should be one of the easier ones. We're having some big problems with it, though. First off, we're having issues with the first mogu packs stunning and owning the tank. Knockbacks help, so do rings of frost but this takes away dps time.

Our comp is:
    Prot Pally
    Resto Druid
    Fire Mage
    Ele Shaman
    Shadow Priest

We've gotten a rank 18 US SM run. We are doing ok. We just have issues here with the damage on the tank and grouping for aoe dps at the same time. Also, what's with the RNG on the mobs past the second boss? You either have it good or you have roamers before the elevator, roamers after and roamers in the hallway all adding up to significant time loss.

Any and all help would be useful especially tricks or different ways of doing things that might make this easier for us.

Thanks,

-Nish

P.S. I realize subbing in a diff class here or there might help but I'd rather finish with this group that's put in a ton of time to get the golds we already have.

I used the same comp except with a Prot War and a Rogue instead of a spriest. I also run as a frost mage.

Knockbacks should really only be used in OMG tanks at 10% with no CD emergencies because your going to throw casters out of the group so they won't get hit with cleave and if your mage is rooting (which he should since all mages get shatter now) the melee ones can shot whoever is near them if the knockback is followed with a root.

I would also have your paladin get the AoE stun. He may be running the disorient to avoid DR, but in my opinion it isnt worth it.

On the first pull make sure your healer ducks behind the wall when you get through that little hallway after pulling the first two on your way to the 4 in the room. This way if he gets threat the caster doesnt sit there and free cast on him from the hallway.

When you pull these pulls throw a skull up on one dog and have all the DPS use it as an anchor for cleave. Open with Paladin stun and as soon as the paladin stun is cast have your shaman put down a glyphed capacitor totem. Inside this 8ish seconds you should have skull dead. In the first pack this means no more stuns. In the second this means you have one more dog to nuke down before no more stuns, but it should really only get 1 stun off before it is nuked down aswell using ring of frost to lock it down. Your also going to want to blow heroism on the second pull when you see the timer hit about 10:55. Makes the pull die MUCH quicker and you will have it up for the first mini boss if you start the boss as soon as you pull the second pull.

When you have about 2 mobs left in the second pull is about when the first boss will actually go active if you started his RP when you pulled. This is when you want to pull whatever is left fown the stairs and get positioned for the boss.

On this boss we had out shaman blow ascendance with left over heroism timer on the first mini boss and I blew my CDs on the second. If we did them at the same time we found we wasted about half of our CD durations during the RP between mini bosses so make SURE you don't stack CDs. We also had our druid burn his Heart on the 3rd boss so that again we weren't wasting CD durations.

Make sure you immediately bring the fire dude to the corner. When he meteors stack obviously and then run to the stairs as with your comp dots should polish him off as meteor is finishing. Beating meteor is a big deal too if you can and you might want to switch someone to burning CDs on that instead of an eaerlier one if rdruid+Shadow can't make it.

I'm sure you have the invis pot part down or you would have mentioned it, but just to make sure, you are skipping ALL the gecko trash right?

Second boss we CC the two casters nuke down the iron hide while rotating stuns on him to interupt so our cleave is effective. Then we just kill whatever enrages or shanker if boss enrages.

Run past two mobs at stairs and just evade bug them by going up elevator.

On the pat if they aren't yet at the hallway to go to last boss room LoS them around the corner on the right (corner of the center square). If not no biggie. Also during this pull make sure your group STACKS TIGHT. This avoids the melee dudes from charging out of cleave. Stun rotation these (same as before with paladin-> shaman->ring) and nuke down 1 caster inside stuns and then the other afterwords then the melee if they are still up.

Rest is pretty straight forward. Make sure you stack for the 5 pull in boss room and the dog pull so mobs stay together for cleave.

A more general thing that im guessing your already doing, but it is worth noting just in case your not is that you want to get your group into a sort of rythm where someone can just call "Stun Rotation" and the paladin will stun at the same time capacitor is put down followed by a ring. Each person calling what they are doing just in case one is on CD and ring needs to go earlier.

Another thing is to make your mage go frost. Frozen orb is amazing for those first 2 pulls as he will basically be able to Ice Lance spam the dogs down the entire time it is up.

Another given is having your shaman run conductivity since even when everyone isn't stacked on the first few pulls so healing rain won't get everyone the only real worry is the tank since you have no melee to get shotted by the whirlwind, but you are probably already doing that.

I used the same comp except with a Prot War and a Rogue instead of a spriest. I also run as a frost mage.

Knockbacks should really only be used in OMG tanks at 10% with no CD emergencies because your going to throw casters out of the group so they won't get hit with cleave and if your mage is rooting (which he should since all mages get shatter now) the melee ones can shot whoever is near them if the knockback is followed with a root.

I would also have your paladin get the AoE stun. He may be running the disorient to avoid DR, but in my opinion it isnt worth it.

On the first pull make sure your healer ducks behind the wall when you get through that little hallway after pulling the first two on your way to the 4 in the room. This way if he gets threat the caster doesnt sit there and free cast on him from the hallway.

When you pull these pulls throw a skull up on one dog and have all the DPS use it as an anchor for cleave. Open with Paladin stun and as soon as the paladin stun is cast have your shaman put down a glyphed capacitor totem. Inside this 8ish seconds you should have skull dead. In the first pack this means no more stuns. In the second this means you have one more dog to nuke down before no more stuns, but it should really only get 1 stun off before it is nuked down aswell using ring of frost to lock it down. Your also going to want to blow heroism on the second pull when you see the timer hit about 10:55. Makes the pull die MUCH quicker and you will have it up for the first mini boss if you start the boss as soon as you pull the second pull.

When you have about 2 mobs left in the second pull is about when the first boss will actually go active if you started his RP when you pulled. This is when you want to pull whatever is left fown the stairs and get positioned for the boss.

On this boss we had out shaman blow ascendance with left over heroism timer on the first mini boss and I blew my CDs on the second. If we did them at the same time we found we wasted about half of our CD durations during the RP between mini bosses so make SURE you don't stack CDs. We also had our druid burn his Heart on the 3rd boss so that again we weren't wasting CD durations.

Make sure you immediately bring the fire dude to the corner. When he meteors stack obviously and then run to the stairs as with your comp dots should polish him off as meteor is finishing. Beating meteor is a big deal too if you can and you might want to switch someone to burning CDs on that instead of an eaerlier one if rdruid+Shadow can't make it.

I'm sure you have the invis pot part down or you would have mentioned it, but just to make sure, you are skipping ALL the gecko trash right?

Second boss we CC the two casters nuke down the iron hide while rotating stuns on him to interupt so our cleave is effective. Then we just kill whatever enrages or shanker if boss enrages.

Run past two mobs at stairs and just evade bug them by going up elevator.

On the pat if they aren't yet at the hallway to go to last boss room LoS them around the corner on the right (corner of the center square). If not no biggie. Also during this pull make sure your group STACKS TIGHT. This avoids the melee dudes from charging out of cleave. Stun rotation these (same as before with paladin-> shaman->ring) and nuke down 1 caster inside stuns and then the other afterwords then the melee if they are still up.

Rest is pretty straight forward. Make sure you stack for the 5 pull in boss room and the dog pull so mobs stay together for cleave.

A more general thing that im guessing your already doing, but it is worth noting just in case your not is that you want to get your group into a sort of rythm where someone can just call "Stun Rotation" and the paladin will stun at the same time capacitor is put down followed by a ring. Each person calling what they are doing just in case one is on CD and ring needs to go earlier.

Another thing is to make your mage go frost. Frozen orb is amazing for those first 2 pulls as he will basically be able to Ice Lance spam the dogs down the entire time it is up.

Another given is having your shaman run conductivity since even when everyone isn't stacked on the first few pulls so healing rain won't get everyone the only real worry is the tank since you have no melee to get shotted by the whirlwind, but you are probably already doing that.

Deleted
    People say this is one of the easiest ones, but stormstout aside this one is the tightest on the timer imo. We did it with BM tank, resto druid, ele sham, combat rogue, bm hunter.

I don't think we could have done it without the rogues shroud to pass two mobs, but it's still doable outside of that. I can just tell you what we pulled and what we used.

First pack to the right and the mogu guards / partolling dog. Once they are nearly dead we pull the two guards in the doorway. Then pull all the way to the boss, we had our hunter disengage and pull the RP right away, Used every tank cd, earth ele, and chained aoe cc (leg sweep / kited over frost traps / earthquake).

On the boss pull the third guy over to the left through the crowd without getting knocked back so you can drop down as soon as possible.

Our hunter rocket bootsed ahead and pulled the scout / FD.

The rogue shrouded the two(or 3 can't remember) mobs that run in and stand in the doorway. You'll probably have to kill these, but you might make it with invis pots if you have 18 sec ones with stamp roar.

We invis potted after them, and jumped the wall, pulling the boss immediately. CC the hexer guy and cleave the rest, damage reduc guy first.

On the way to the lift, avoid the patrol and CC the two/three mobs standing there, as long as you go up the lift before they break they stay down there. We pulled the next pack and aoe'd down. Wait for the patrol and pull the next pack into the last room and pull the final mogu pack, we used all cds here again (earth ele etc.)

Recover and pull the dogs, and with around 2 are dead pull the boss. Finished with 11 seconds left on the timer. GL

Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    I was looking for some help with this instance. I'm 6/9 gold and this instance should be one of the easier ones. We're having some big problems with it, though. First off, we're having issues with the first mogu packs stunning and owning the tank. Knockbacks help, so do rings of frost but this takes away dps time.
    We had trouble with this during our attempts - the key is to chain your own CC and kill the Gurthan Iron Maws (dogs) first. This is the stun: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=123646 - everything else you should be kiting anyways, but we usually just chain AoE stuns (Cap Totem, Shadowfury) until the dogs are dead and then proceed as normal.

Thanks for all your help, we ended up knocking it out tonight with a US 3 World 8 ranking =D

-Nish