Thread: DK Symbiosis

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DK Symbiosis

I'm not sure where to post this in either the DK forums or Druid forums. Let's be honest, the spell granted from Symbiosis to dps DK's is absolute crap. Wild Mushroom: Plague. The auto cast and application of diseases is not something we need twice. Other classes get great abilities from Druids, and the Druids get good abilities from us, so why do we get a not so great ability. Please leave your suggestions on other spells we could get, I'm interested to see what others think.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually pretty decent. It gives a repeatable dot source, letting you Plague Leech twice without having to manually reapply, in addition to giving you dots in a location where you are not. It doesn't cost a rune, and is an upgrade to plague strike whenever you need to reapply in that regard. It's not absurd or anything, but I definitely wouldn't call it crap.

first, you re totaly wrong. The mushroom is very good for pve and pvp.
    second dont forget that isnt your spell but the druids, so ofc they get better spells.Better you shouldnt even get any spell.
    Barskin for blood is an extra tanking CD, always good, and mushroom is an extra desease spreader, espesialy if you re UH specced to Roiling blood.

Btw, which class gets anything good from the druid and you re complaining about? the mage heal, which a mage never will stop dps to heal? the shamm stealth? lol
    or the rogs taunt. almost all classes get nothing especialy good from druud.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll trade you. As holy, I get Cyclone. Tell me how many uses that has against Elegon or Garalon or any other "on".
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

That's if you get it over the other classes, which I hardly ever do, being that the other classes grant the Druid abilities they would prefer. Ok so maybe calling it crap isn't the best use of words but you have to admit there are other Druid abilities that would be better or more beneficial for us.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:42 AM ----------

That's funny Fenixdown, I hear you, Cyclone has its place but not an "on" fight as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by dgiras View Post
    first, you re totaly wrong. The mushroom is very good for pve and pvp.
    second dont forget that isnt your spell but the druids, so ofc they get better spells.Better you shouldnt even get any spell.
    Barskin for blood is an extra tanking CD, always good, and mushroom is an extra desease spreader, espesialy if you re UH specced to Roiling blood.

Btw, which class gets anything good from the druid and you re complaining about? the mage heal, which a mage never will stop dps to heal? the shamm stealth? lol
    or the rogs taunt. almost all classes get nothing especialy good from druud.
    Whilst I agree that symbiosis is a DPS increase (in fact I think we're the only class who gain a DPS increase from it), I disagree with your post.

In PvP it's very dependent on the comp you're facing and who the other player in the 3s are. It's likely that the resto druid and other play could gain something more beneficial than a mushroom with 5 hp, that can be taken down as quickly as totems, or just outright avoided. Furthermore, spreading dots and keeping a mushroom up can hamper any CC.

I don't see how the mushroom is going to be especially good for Roiling Blood with Unholy. The mushroom is already up for what, 30 seconds aoe applying diseases. How does this affect roiling blood in the slightest? All Roiling Blood does is trigger pestilence from blood boil. Unless you're aoeing for longer than a minute, the mushroom makes no difference to roiling blood, afaik.

I haven't been Unholy since the Cata changes, I have been Frost DW, and will be because its easier for me to get two 1 handers than one 2 hander, being that I come across other DK's as tanks and Arms Warriors and Ret Paladins. Now I see the uses of Wild Mushroom , but that extra damage isn't all that worth it to me. It can't be THAT great in the grand scheme of things.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:46 AM ----------

Well said flashur, I agree with your post, it is easily avoidable, and can be taken down easily in a PvP scene.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading about people complaining about Symbiosis is a new one. From a druid standpoint, it's our spell and not yours. We are even!

Deleted
    A systematically useful (disease-related) spell for dps specs, tanking CD for tanking spec, I'd say you're in the top 3, if not higher.
    I (WL) get rejuvenation, yayyyyy. Self-healing is certainly not my problem, at least not in PvE.

Everything else would be overpowered, be happy that you have a spell that directly fits your role, you're almost the only ones at that.

True katji, it is a Druid spell first and foremost, however we each get an ability from each other. You get some not bad abilities from DK's and we get an extra and continuous application of diseases. Not exactly even lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a case of "if you don't like it, don't ask for it"?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

You should be happy. Ret paladins get Wrath.

Why Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to give a melee dps spec a 2 second cast time spell is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Why Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to get a melee dps spec a 2 second cast time spell is beyond me.
    To DPS Elegon whilst the platform is gone, of course! :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    It's decent, but I usually forget to use it.

The most use I've seen is during the guardian dogs when the caster/ranged I'm chained to takes a too long to move with me to the other side after a taunt and I want to keep my diseases up. Unfortunately, death and decay is usually the first option in my mind. I'm just not used to the new spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by zerocool714 View Post
    That's if you get it over the other classes, which I hardly ever do, being that the other classes grant the Druid abilities they would prefer. Ok so maybe calling it crap isn't the best use of words but you have to admit there are other Druid abilities that would be better or more beneficial for us.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:42 AM ----------

That's funny Fenixdown, I hear you, Cyclone has its place but not an "on" fight as you say.
    I play Ret. Wanna know what I get?

Wrath. That is right, a 2.0 sec cast time ranged Nature damage spell.

Barring a situation like Atramedes with an air phase, when the HELL am I gonna be using this? Not to mention, it would only happen from a Guardian or Resto Druid.

Balance gets Hammer of Judgement (Yeah, no value there)
    Feral gets Divine Shield (Maybe some small usefulness?)
    Guardian gets Consecration (Moar AoE!)
    Restoration gets Cleanse (Now a Resto Druid can remove any debuff cept Bleed).

As far as the effects of Symbiosis goes for US, the non-Druids, be thankful we get anything even remotely usable. This is the Level 87 Spell for Druids, and they can't even use it out soloing, period. Would you like it if they did the same to Soul Reaper? The person they pick is going to be based purely off the gains they will get, not what they give to you.

Just at a quick glance, this is the likely breakdown of targets for each Druid to aim with:

Balance - Mages, who doesn't want Mirror Images as a DPS cooldown?
    Guardian - Generally gonna pick another class who can tank. Bone Shield and Elusive Brew for tanking CD, Consecration for AoE threat, or Spell Reflection.
    Feral - Feral Spirit (Shamans) is my guess, cause a cat leading a couple wolves isn't awesome. Or Redirect from Rogues if the fight involves target swapping.
    Restoration - Paladin (Cleanse), Priest (Leap of Faith), or Shaman (Spiritwalker's Grace), generally gonna aim for Shamans I think.

Any other class a spec could go for offers some unusual, and very out-of-the-box utility options, that most people don't care for.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-11-13 at 05:07 PM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

I see the problem with Ret too, no Druid ever gives me Symbiosis on my pally, Ret or otherwise so I do not personally know how much it sucks. But it doesn't sound too great either.

To stick the the OP, I must say it's a lovely spell to have. I mean while it's not all that needed all the time, it's useful no matter how you look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'll trade you. As holy, I get Cyclone. Tell me how many uses that has against Elegon or Garalon or any other "on".
    Resto shaman get stealth in Ghost Wolf. Not all that great in raids either.

It's decent. For 2H Frost it allows you 1 extra Obliterate every 1.5 minutes. ~180,000/90 = 2000 dps increase for free. Pretty handy if you ask me.

Death Knights are the only class that gets something that increases dps even if only slightly. Every other class either gets utility, defensive or healing abilities. Be happy that you get that.