Thread: Loot coins

Loot coins

Anyone know how the loot coins work specifically?

I was wondering whether for example a boss with two items that you want is more beneficial to roll on over a boss which you only need one item from.

Basically does the coin:

-do a first roll to determine if you get loot or not, then an additional roll to determine which item you get from the loot table, or

-do a roll for the first item on the loot table, then the next, etc until you win something

When you kill a boss, a window opens letting you use or decline the use of an Elder Charm. Do note that you can only use a coin once per kill, and if you use it, you can't use it again on the same boss that week, with the exception that you can use it on a boss in LFR, then the same boss that week in normal/heroic.

Firstly, it has no effect on the loot the boss actually drops, that will be rolled as usual according to LFR rules or your own distribution from normal/heroic kills. If you choose to accept using the charm, it will perform a regular roll (though you can only see a graphical outcome, not numbers). You get a 10% chance to get an item relevant to your class and role during that kill. For example, if you are a Paladin and you were Holy during that kill, you will get a plate item with intellect and/or spirit, but no hit, on it, or a trinket/neck/ring/shield/cape with those stat rules, if such items exist in the bosses loot table. If there are multiple items that satisfy your class/role requirement, it will give you one random piece. If you don't score the loot roll, the charm will instead give you gold.

It's worth noting that in normal/heroic, the charms look at your spec when selecting suitable loot. In LFR however, they look at your role, so you could theoretically queue as dps, and recieve dps loot, while healing in a healer spec.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Hmm that's what I suspected. A lot of my guildies have been only rolling when they need 2+ items from a boss, which shouldn't change anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    It's worth noting that in normal/heroic, the charms look at your spec when selecting suitable loot. In LFR however, they look at your role, so you could theoretically queue as dps, and recieve dps loot, while healing in a healer spec.
    Ehm source? Anything?
    99% sure it looks at your current spec (when boss is dead for normal roll, when clicking for extra roll) in LFR too. The way you say it, ferals could queue as dps and get intellect gear half the time, which makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Ehm source? Anything?
    99% sure it looks at your current spec (when boss is dead for normal roll, when clicking for extra roll) in LFR too. The way you say it, ferals could queue as dps and get intellect gear half the time, which makes no sense.
    Fair point, I never actually tried it myself, just heard it around. Since ferals obviously wont get int gear, I guess that is not the case afterall.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

LFR loot system IS bugged, according to some blue posts, If you get an item that is not for your spec ticket it and make a bug report, and the GM will replace the item for you.

About your question, i read back in cataclysm when MoP was still in development, that the LFR loot system first Rolls whether u get an item or not, then it rolls what item u get.
    *as i said LFR loot system was in development so i'm not sure if they changed it or not, but it should be that way tbh.

It looks at your spec at time of kill even in LFR. I can't tell you how many groups I've seen with 3-4 tank spec players. They queue as dps because it's faster and just go tank spec the whole time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    LFR loot system IS bugged, according to some blue posts, If you get an item that is not for your spec ticket it and make a bug report, and the GM will replace the item for you.
    Actually the blue post said they wouldn't be able to replace the item, and you should see it as random loot/gold, but reporting it would hopefully prevent it from happening again a second time...

LFR loot system IS bugged, according to some blue posts