Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Oh, see here, I never said I expected them to have tons of end game out, only that I'd played a few of the newer games and that their graphics were better. The simple point is that for me, I like to play for end game content and raiding, so while the other games might work well for casual players who don't want to raid, having raiding content in WoW is what made me come back to the game.

    Every game I've played, I've seen problems, and in every game, it's a different issue.
    Slightly Off Topic but i LOVE your Sig<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    another moronic post from this guy... sick! no one cares if u coming back with way of thinking like urs. U want everything and then free2play ye cus blizz is chartiy and will do things for us 4free. Talking about the best ever mmo game, gather 10mln ppl who can pay to play there is no other game that we can compare to it. Face it! and then u say free2play cmon dude use brain a bit, and stop making crying posts noone wants u back in wow.
    Glad to see i have a fan that follows me around, that type of hater is usually a confused lover.

    btw are you upset that i would want a free to play option? does that annoy you? how would that affect you? seems to me that you will benefit from it just nicely - off course, that mini rant you just did implies one of two things, 1. you must either work for them and view this in some twisted way as negative publicity you have been paid to search fan forums and respond to in kind to stem any negative opposition to your imployer, usually such people mark individuals who have posted negatively before and follow them around - it usually is quite effective or 2. so sycophant, that every one that posts something that is not full of admiration for your beloved idol, you take as personal insult and feel compelled to respond angrily (more on that in a bit). IF the first, shame on you, stop trying to manipulate people and seriously consider what you do for a living, you will be held accountable for this as all who do this sort of thing will. If the second, you might need to fix your affections on something more worthwhile, this is not the sort of thing that should be generating such an emotional response - far more worthy matters like serious issues affecting society, like the loss of hope, faith, degredation of society, anarchy, injustice, poverty, high suicide rates, high divorce rates and marital breakdowns, exploitation, irresponsible news reporting, corruption in government and business, greed in capitalism, bad socialism , homelessness, sex trafficking, human slavery, poverty, starving children, world famine, victims of war, mad dictators getting nuclear weapons (i.e. Iran), fiscal cliff (U,S)?

    i mean take your pick, world of warcraft should not be provoking this sort of reaction from you, there's a far better cadidate for your devotion
    Last edited by Mace; 2012-11-13 at 02:11 PM.

  3. #23
    Player models is most stupid thing to complain about. A lot of games with "outdated" graphics are still very popular and were a grand success in their time.

    Oh and one of the reasons why GW2, FF14, SWtoR weren't really successful - sky-high demands to PCs and huge accent on graphics over gameplay. Perhaps they would have more players if their games could run on moderate specs. With notebooks, tablets, smartphones and other gadgets becoming so popular, developers are better to release alternative lightweight clients for their games to make them more attractive and not to cut on potential customers by doing things other way around.

  4. #24
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    tha'ts another thing i don't understand.. how dumb can players get... you release a new game, your end game stuff is not going to be as good as wow's, wow has had 8 years to build end game stuff.. when they released wow, their end game stuff was errible, you had Molten Core, tha'ts it... it took nearly a year till BWL was added, and nearly a year till AQ was added, - then a much shorter few months for Naxx and for a new expansion, they could focus lot on end content since they were only adding 10 levels and not 60 levels worth of content.

    do tell how do people expect Guild wars 2 and SwTOR to have lots of end game content at release? SWTOR has been a year out and has had 4 to 5 times as much end game content as wow had in the same period of time.. its' unfair to expect them to match wow's end game content on release, or the game would be outdated before it even came out.
    0. Free to play isn't a reason to say a game is good or bad, its personal preference if you want to pay a sub and play the game, it isn't a reason of whats wrong with the game.
    1. Character models are being updated. They prioritize different races, most of the time they are just increasing poly count i think.
    2. Mookin model... too superficial, even more than character models.
    3. Minor races would be nice i agree. However again too superficial.
    4. Again it would be nice, but that wouldn't affect anything but pvp game wise, so not a good reason.
    5. Again it would be nice, however I would rather them focus on new content like they're doing in 5.1, A zone in pandaria is being phased in areas to let us do a story there. Older zones would be boring, since we've seen them two to seven times already.

    Also you cited Guild Wars 2, GW2 is only really good for pvp. Over all it is an action online rpg, not the same type of game wow is. The endgame is pretty much non existent. Sw:tor is nice, however it is no where near as ironed out as WoW, nor anywhere near as fun in terms of complexity (by the way sw:tor is just a wow clone, so nothing new in terms of what they offer other than its star wars, also the F2P in sw:tor is a joke, you're better off subbing).

    Now for the quote, i wanted to get my original post in :P

    1. You can't just a game on what it used to be like, it's changed a lot. The bosses are fun, the boss models and raid look awesome (guessing this would speak to you :P).
    2. Guild wars 2 is a different style of game so can't compare. Sw:tor being a clone can be compared... The quality of the updated is much better, and much more unique. i remember when SW:TOR patched a clone of the dungeon finder :P WoW's current end game is quite large is you aren't paragon and clear it in a week, I will compare WoWs endgame to Sw:tor's all i want :P The world ain't fair.

    That's my input anyway :P
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Not returning to wow till player models updated at the very least !
    Goodbye forever

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    and wow goes free 2 play
    WoW is free to play - up to level 20, I believe. More than enough to get a taste of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    you might as well add:

    1. New character models and animations
    2. New moonkin model that wasn't an absolute barf like the ToL model in Cata
    3. Minor races playable: like mag'har orcs, dark iron dwarves, high elves, darkfallen, Taunka, Forest trolls etc
    4. 4 factions or a change in the faction system: imagine if it went back to Night elves, Alliance, Horde and Forsaken
    5. Serious lore progression on old zones in-between expansion: we've all levelled, rather than sit in a tiny section of the game for 2 years, like happened in TBC, WotLK and MoP - why not phase a couple of old zones every patch updating the lore and telling some more of the story - the phase would be at max level - and tells how the races involved in that area are doing, reacting to new developments and what happened after the levelling curve - since we wait so long.
    I've heard of ransom notes that are less demanding. And that would require fewer millions in development costs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think i will definitely play again if all 5 were done. Saying that: Many people think wow is extremely dated and old and if you were to start playing again, really you need to look no further than either Guild Wars 2 if you want a period setting with swords and dragons or SWTOR - if you want sci-fi with lasers and battleships - both games are much fresher, lot of neat things going on and are free to play mostly. Should I really forgot about wow? and bury it in the past never to surface again?
    GW2 had great pvp, but the pve game was, in my own opinion, fundamentally flawed by the lack of healing. The content could never be as challenging without said role, instead devolving into a facerolling dodge-fest. The inclusion of movement was awesome, don't get me wrong - and I think every MMO from here on out should learn from that! - but to the exclusion of all other things, I think that's where they went wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Howz MoP going for you guys? Hooked? - i must admit the above are some other interesting changes that if implemented would be very tempting to subscribe to again, but never to worship this game, never to be an idol of mine again.
    MoP has its high points and low points. It got me playing and raiding again, which I never thought would happen, so take that for what it's worth. The daily grind is annoying, but it honestly doesn't last as long as people bitch about. Get the reps to Revered and then never touch them again, unless you really care about mounts (which hey, maybe I will at some point, but at the time my focus was on the Shado-Pan trinket since Will hates me and refuses to drop).

  6. #26
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Weird i didn't even miss OP in the game.... ah well, apparently we can live and go on without him, so let's.... all the things he wants? When? Well, something with hell becoming a very cold place etc....

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    tha'ts another thing i don't understand.. how dumb can players get... you release a new game, your end game stuff is not going to be as good as wow's, wow has had 8 years to build end game stuff.. when they released wow, their end game stuff was errible, you had Molten Core, tha'ts it... it took nearly a year till BWL was added, and nearly a year till AQ was added, - then a much shorter few months for Naxx and for a new expansion, they could focus lot on end content since they were only adding 10 levels and not 60 levels worth of content.

    do tell how do people expect Guild wars 2 and SwTOR to have lots of end game content at release? SWTOR has been a year out and has had 4 to 5 times as much end game content as wow had in the same period of time.. its' unfair to expect them to match wow's end game content on release, or the game would be outdated before it even came out.

    btw.. i actually am not sure what blizzard are doing with updated models, one person says, we're working on them, the other says we want to work on them but they are not a priority atm, and it changes all the time bouncing back between the two responses.
    I'm sorry but why shouldn't people expect newer games to have more end game content? Do you still consider Molten Core end game? Or is it just what was added in the latest expansion? Newer games need to understand that end game is what keeps them players and start including a bit more than what they currently offer if they want any sort of retention.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Oh, see here, I never said I expected them to have tons of end game out, only that I'd played a few of the newer games and that their graphics were better. The simple point is that for me, I like to play for end game content and raiding, so while the other games might work well for casual players who don't want to raid, having raiding content in WoW is what made me come back to the game.

    Every game I've played, I've seen problems, and in every game, it's a different issue.
    Then i'm very much interested in hearing from you Rivellana, why exactly did you come back? or better, why did you quit in the first place was it giving up on video games to start with? or just wow got bored and you wanted to replace it with another product?

    The other products I think will be where you want them to be in about a year or so after release. if they don't fall off the map off course, I use to like raiding, but tbh, i find it weird that you go through so much content for levelling, which takeas at best a few months, then sit down in a handful of really tiny zones called dungeons or raids, for two years, repeat and rinsing. and no, i don't think the new faction dailies system is the answer, because you're entirely focused on 1 continent out of 6, again a tiny portion of the world, far better, if every patch, focused on a different zone or handful of zones that got updates to their lore and you had to change scene each patch

    .eg. you had your raids as usual for one, 2. each patch introduced 2 revamped zones or possibly 3 or 4, - thes will be on other continents, and they will have dailies, scenarios and phasing like Hyjal in 4.2 had, the idea is in teh months you wait for the next patch, you can complete 2 zones, if you work at it every day, when the next patch comes out, each faction will have a new set off 2 zones where stuff is happening, which you can immediately go too even if you haven't finished the first 2.

    that way you are flying around doing stuff, all over. not just sitting in one continent or doing one thing. Saying that , it's just an opinion, some poeple like just sitting waiting for raids, and chatting to friends with their characters, or sitting for BGs. It's interesting, if what i wanted was implemented, it would be called Life of warcraft, so maybe it's not such a good idea, especially after remonstrating another for holding this game far too dearly, i really shouldn't be going around making suggestions to make it even more addictive,

  9. #29
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Glad to see i have a fan that follows me around, that type of hater is usually a confused lover.
    Please don't go off-topic by feeding you're pet troll :P
    You seem more butt-hurt than him :/
    Just gotta point he is most likely a troll or 12 and his mommy pay for wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    that way you are flying around doing stuff, all over. not just sitting in one continent or doing one thing. Saying that , it's just an opinion, some poeple like just sitting waiting for raids, and chatting to friends with their characters, or sitting for BGs. It's interesting, if what i wanted was implemented, it would be called Life of warcraft, so maybe it's not such a good idea, especially after remonstrating another for holding this game far too dearly, i really shouldn't be going around making suggestions to make it even more addictive,
    Staying in one continent, lets us get fully immersed into that storyline as it progresses, as with 5.1 and more likely the following patches
    The whole idea of going back to other zones would make the implementation of Pandaria be pointless, why wouldn't they update pandaria? Especially since the Horde and Alliance are calling in their landing fleets next patch, we are getting a massive story progression.
    Currently we have the dailies which take a while but show us the problems pandaria is facing at the moment, the mogu in the vale, the Mantid and Yangoul in Townlong, the Mantid in Dread wastes, the Sha infestation with some of the August celestial's. Honestly the quest line in pandaria is amazing, much more in depth than Cata. And the next patch is already on PTR and the last raid hasn't even been released yet :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Nobody is gonna miss ya :*
    Not a constructive post :/
    I won't miss the OP, but i have never played with him so how could I? I think its a shame when someone picks superficial reasons to dislike a game and that's why i replied, why did you?

    Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-13 at 04:46 PM.
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  10. #30
    Nobody is gonna miss ya :*

  11. #31
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Then i'm very much interested in hearing from you Rivellana, why exactly did you come back? or better, why did you quit in the first place was it giving up on video games to start with? or just wow got bored and you wanted to replace it with another product?

    The other products I think will be where you want them to be in about a year or so after release. if they don't fall off the map off course, I use to like raiding, but tbh, i find it weird that you go through so much content for levelling, which takeas at best a few months, then sit down in a handful of really tiny zones called dungeons or raids, for two years, repeat and rinsing. and no, i don't think the new faction dailies system is the answer, because you're entirely focused on 1 continent out of 6, again a tiny portion of the world, far better, if every patch, focused on a different zone or handful of zones that got updates to their lore and you had to change scene each patch

    .eg. you had your raids as usual for one, 2. each patch introduced 2 revamped zones or possibly 3 or 4, - thes will be on other continents, and they will have dailies, scenarios and phasing like Hyjal in 4.2 had, the idea is in teh months you wait for the next patch, you can complete 2 zones, if you work at it every day, when the next patch comes out, each faction will have a new set off 2 zones where stuff is happening, which you can immediately go too even if you haven't finished the first 2.

    that way you are flying around doing stuff, all over. not just sitting in one continent or doing one thing. Saying that , it's just an opinion, some poeple like just sitting waiting for raids, and chatting to friends with their characters, or sitting for BGs. It's interesting, if what i wanted was implemented, it would be called Life of warcraft, so maybe it's not such a good idea, especially after remonstrating another for holding this game far too dearly, i really shouldn't be going around making suggestions to make it even more addictive,
    Well, I quit in late Cata for a few reasons. Not only was it at that point that DS had been out seemingly forever, but my guild was only casually working on hard modes, I had all the gear I could get from normals and I was burning out running 5 alts through LFR every week having just the one raid that had been out for so long with no new content. On top of that, I was having some money issues and could no longer afford to pay the subscription fee and had some issues come up at home that I needed to deal with. In other words, real life took it's toll at the time.

    When my situation settled down and I found myself with the time and money to be able to put into hobbies again, my husband convinced me to try GW2 first. We had played Rift in beta and at launch as well as well as Aion (at launch, and again after F2P). I understood that GW2 wouldn't have an end game setting but I allowed him to convince me to play and while, as I said, the graphics were great, there was enough to do for awhile but in the end I found myself becoming bored for lack of having something to do and having the feeling that I just missed a raid setting to my games.

    Rift of course has raiding as well, however I've played WoW for much longer and appreciate the pure size of the game and how much there is to do in it still...not to mention I missed my guildies and friends and wanted to come back to them again. Pretty simple.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I'm sorry but why shouldn't people expect newer games to have more end game content? Do you still consider Molten Core end game? Or is it just what was added in the latest expansion? Newer games need to understand that end game is what keeps them players and start including a bit more than what they currently offer if they want any sort of retention.
    that maybe so, but people i think unfairly criticise the newer games, because they don't appreciate how much work goes into . a new game has to build the entry levels, which is the lion share of the game, we all know expansions only add a little bit, which is why there development time is usually a fraction of the time used to develop the original game, most of the resources are used to building the first game, as it stands there is never traditionally a large amount of end game content, it wasn't the case with wow. and do tell how are the game developers suppose to read the minds of the addicted gaming populace?

    SWTOR grabbed a lot of wow subscribers, wow players lapped up the content, gave it rave reviews for the first month, they were abuzz with how awesome the game was, causing even neutral me to eventually buy it, and it was impressive. . now they hit level 50 in the first month of release, and shortly after all they could do was complain there wasn't enough end game content, because WoW cataclysm, then patch 4.3 it's final patch, had layers of end game content to play.

    2-3 months in the publicity was so bad, all based on content largely, which in turn drew criticism about every tiny little detail, not that i'm any lover of bioware or blizzard, but it was ghastly unfair, the PR machine in full swing, and the vox populi of addicted players with not enough to maintain the rush that the opening 50 levels had generated, soon turned into crushing disappointment and criticism.

    In time they did release more end game content, and surprisingly fast, but we know fans, they want it now ! and all their little creature comforts of wow that weren't transferred over just got to them, no macros, no dual specs, suddenly SWTOR went from everything right to everything wrong, with nothing changed except new content hadn't arrived in time to sate the players' game lust.

    Conclusion: it was dumb of players to quit over that, it seemed like a spoilt kid, throwing away his favourite toy, because mummy and daddy refused to buy him the extension part to it he wanted immediately, and wasn't willing to wait a few months for it when they could afford it. His choice, still very bad behaviour. End game is your thing, fine, game developers know it is importnat, but in their maiden days, give a little time, and enjoy what you can. It is a bit unwise to rush through and fly through their content, over play it in the beta, then complain you have nothing to do once you've hit max level because not enough stuff is available.
    Last edited by Mace; 2012-11-13 at 02:40 PM.

  13. #33
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Couldn't care less of graphics as long as the game play is appealing me / Enjoyable I'll still continue to play.

    Not a hard concept here.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    and wow goes free 2 play

    you might as well add:

    1. New character models and animations
    2. New moonkin model that wasn't an absolute barf like the ToL model in Cata
    3. Minor races playable: like mag'har orcs, dark iron dwarves, high elves, darkfallen, Taunka, Forest trolls etc
    4. 4 factions or a change in the faction system: imagine if it went back to Night elves, Alliance, Horde and Forsaken
    5. Serious lore progression on old zones in-between expansion: we've all levelled, rather than sit in a tiny section of the game for 2 years, like happened in TBC, WotLK and MoP - why not phase a couple of old zones every patch updating the lore and telling some more of the story - the phase would be at max level - and tells how the races involved in that area are doing, reacting to new developments and what happened after the levelling curve - since we wait so long.

    I think i will definitely play again if all 5 were done. Saying that: Many people think wow is extremely dated and old and if you were to start playing again, really you need to look no further than either Guild Wars 2 if you want a period setting with swords and dragons or SWTOR - if you want sci-fi with lasers and battleships - both games are much fresher, lot of neat things going on and are free to play mostly. Should I really forgot about wow? and bury it in the past never to surface again?

    Howz MoP going for you guys? Hooked? - i must admit the above are some other interesting changes that if implemented would be very tempting to subscribe to again, but never to worship this game, never to be an idol of mine again.
    you want all 5 AND F2P? Seriously? then check back in um... 20 years... I cant see Blizzard investing all that money to give you all of that AND then just say, sure... screw it... throw in F2P too... why would they want to throw away millions and millions of dollars?

    Seriously if thats your ultimatum to Blizzard I'm certain of their response... and it wont be one you like.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  15. #35
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Conclusion: it was dumb of players to quit over that, it seemed like a spoilt kid, throwing away his favourite toy, because mummy and daddy refused to buy him the extension part to it he wanted immediately, and wasn't willing to wait a few months for it when they could afford it. His choice, still very bad behaviour. End game is your thing, fine, game developers know it is importnat, but in their maiden days, give a little time, and enjoy what you can. It is a bit unwise to rush through and fly through their content, over play it in the beta, then complain you have nothing to do once you've hit max level because not enough stuff is available.
    Let me ask? Is it dumb to pay $12 or whatever to play a game that cannot compete with another game that clearly does everything better. star wars was a WoW clone, I only played it for the storyline since i love the Knights of the old republic games. Bioware threw a lot of money at sw:tor and forgot to make sure there was a hook, and there wasn't. There is nothing it offers game play that WoW doesn't (other than space fighter mini game XD).

    You say "peope i think unfailry criticise the newer games, because they don't appreciate how much work goes into" That's like saying give the kid a medal cus he tried.. :P I know how much time and Much money went into developing star wars, and it flopped because they didn't create an engaging endgame. No one should have to pay for a game then a sub for 3 months just to get some decent endgame sorted: mind you WoW every expansion makes sure they have a good endgame from patch X.0.
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    I think its a shame when someone picks superficial reasons to dislike a game and that's why i replied, why did you?
    Akurri hi again there, we had an interesting series of discussins in the Elf posts and the minor races posts - you're making an assumption that I don't like the game tho. The only valid conclusion anyone can make from my post is that I'm not hooked to wow, which is why people like Nights freaked out with such a plainly hostile response. No, what I made clear was what would tempt me to come back to the game, and the aspect about it that annoys me the most about it.

    In reacting to me as if i Hate the game, such posters only reveal their grossly inflated enarmouring with this game, as they far too readily view any class of negative comment against the object of their affection as a personal insult, and easily over read intent. Look how easy it is to think i don't think warcraft is a good game when I never stated that, and it is clear i can't really think that if I am posting in a world of warcraft forum, yet it was taken as such because people are too engrossed with this.

    I notice the reaction all the time someone not so taken by this game posts a comment that doesn't praise, worship or adore world of warcraft, the ensuing response and replies fly in so quickly, often extremely hostile towards the poster, rude, often misconstruing or totally missing on what the person is trying to say, quickly they read and interpret the persons intent through their anger and almost always missing the value of what the person is saying.. It's a culture that has developed amongst the users and it stinks. Stinks of addiction, lack of clarity. I can understand because I've been there, altho my responses were often more restrained. Everyone now is treated like they treat those QQers who write I am quitting wow posts because off /insert small feature player doesn't like - if they post any non-glorifying of warcraft post. Not counting bug/error reporting or mechanics criticism which obviously don't fall into that category, but also have its bashers, who believe everything that blizzard implements is spot on, and good, and will rage at any player who dares disagree or dares critique.

    don't worry i don't lose sleep over the negative responses, in my experience, unless they are devoted Christians, most people really do struggle to like let love anyone who doesn't love what they are in love with.
    Last edited by Mace; 2012-11-13 at 03:01 PM.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    True gamers prefer a good game over graphics
    True gamers have to live looking at their toons for hours a day, too. It can be tiring when your hands look like mitts and w-a-y out of proportion. It can be tiring when their neck looks like something from a sci-fi horror flick.

    New models, it's about time. At least give players an option of new or old to chose from. EQ2 has that option, even.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  18. #38
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Akurri hi again there, we had an interesting series of discussins in the Elf posts and the minor races posts - you're making an assumption that I don't like the game tho. The only valid conclusion anyone can make from my post is that I'm not hooked to wow, which is why people like Nights freaked out with such a plainly hostile response. No, what I made clear was what would tempt me to come back to the game, and the aspect about it that annoys me the most about it.

    don't worry i don't lose sleep over the negative responses, in my experience, unless they are devoted Christians, most people really do struggle to like let love anyone who doesn't love what they are in love with.
    I don't think you hate it, i just said dislike. Which it seems that in certain ways you do dislike it. (However things like character models and races are quite superficial :P)
    The main idea i do agree with is patching in phased zones, but as I've stated in 5.1 one we get something like this. I'm just hoping that the subsiqent patches are just as fast and contain as much content :P

    And glad to hear It doesn't make you loose sleep :P , i hate that type of person, since they tend to give people who support the game a bad name XD
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    Let me ask? Is it dumb to pay $12 or whatever to play a game that cannot compete with another game that clearly does everything better. star wars was a WoW clone, I only played it for the storyline since i love the Knights of the old republic games. Bioware threw a lot of money at sw:tor and forgot to make sure there was a hook, and there wasn't. There is nothing it offers game play that WoW doesn't (other than space fighter mini game XD).

    You say "peope i think unfailry criticise the newer games, because they don't appreciate how much work goes into" That's like saying give the kid a medal cus he tried.. :P I know how much time and Much money went into developing star wars, and it flopped because they didn't create an engaging endgame. No one should have to pay for a game then a sub for 3 months just to get some decent endgame sorted: mind you WoW every expansion makes sure they have a good endgame from patch X.0.
    interesting point, in teh sense that viewing what the competition is , you coudl argue from the game end game perspective, that by offering less content at the end for the same subscription price, it would be viewed as untenable - certainly while wow was around.

    Hard to judge, but obviously the loss of subscription has answered that question, but was it more because of the fact? or more because of the negative publicity generated by the brats?


    What exactly were we paying that subscription fee for? for the really engaging storyline and gameplay which tbh, for the first 50 levels was pretty darn impressive. Or was it for the end game content? . I think to maintain a game on a string of servers as they had at release and facilitate the expected playerbase at that time, there price model was not disparaging or unfair when compared to world of warcraft. You had a better animated game, a cineamtic master piece, for the same number of levels and for the opening entry you had far more than wow, not to mention better graphics etc.

    PErsonally I think it is better than wow in many ways, but it obviously hasn't worked. I don't know if it could have been better, they could have charged less for the subscription fee since they did not have as much content, that would have worked. Offer varying degrees of subscription. I can say this in hindsight though. .

    They should probably do that you know. Free to play to level 50, $7.49 or £4.49 gives you full access to all content, then charge you your $14.99/£8.99 for a platinum service for the addicted giving you some serious game perks. It is probably the only realistic way to compete with wow, focus on building a bigger subscriber base, even if they have to pay less, you get more playing, and then in time when you've released more content and an expansion or 2, you can climb it up based on your subscriber base.

  20. #40
    I want new character models, just like im sure most people do, but it's hardly a reason to quit as they have said it IS a priority

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •