Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blues Biting Back

Anybody else find it refreshing and humorous that the devs are biting back at the QQ? Especially as an EU player where we simply get robotic devs on our WoW forums.

Yep. I always LOVE when they're pewpewing.

I especially enjoyed the Cinder kitten thread.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    I say yes, but you're always going to get people coming into threads like this saying no, it's awful, those blues make Blizzard's customer service look bad...blah blah.

Personally I don't think any other company would let their customers get away with as much abuse as players regularly fling around the official forums, at Blizzard and at each other.

Deleted
    I found the QQ U MAKE ME DO DAILIES WHEN I HAVE A WIFE AND KIDS P.S. I HAVE 9 LVL 90S guy hilarious in a 'Oh deary me' way

i dont mind when they reply, but when their responses read like a blizzard memo, its just annoying.

dont give me the PR response, tell me what you think as an individual.

WoW's targetted audience has greatly changed, and CMs are still people too, you can't expect purely neutral reactions towards some of provocative posts written by someone with severe lack of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I found the QQ U MAKE ME DO DAILIES WHEN I HAVE A WIFE AND KIDS P.S. I HAVE 9 LVL 90S guy hilarious in a 'Oh deary me' way
    Tbh, I think thread was originally started by someone of Blizzard employees to troll out situation with dailies to make it look as if only people who don't like current situation with dailies are those with 9 level 90 alts...

Deleted
    Ahah indeed, that's absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, had a great laugh this morning. Just omg.

There should be some site like "Blues halls of fame" or something.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Deleted
    While it is new, refreshing and soap opera material when devs "biting back" at forum QQ, I still somehow have the feeling they are disrespecting the customer.

I wonder about something: why is it acceptable for us that a customer should complain about a defective car, bad hotel conditions, a rude waiter, lousy internet connections to the ISP, but when it comes to video games, the general reaction is to tell the complainer to STFU and to mock him?
    Interesting.

Anybody else find it refreshing and humorous that the devs are biting back at the QQ? Especially as an EU player where we simply get robotic devs on our WoW forums.

I think it's awesome as long as when the players bite back they don't get banned for doing the same thing as a blue.

Deleted
    But WoW isn't defective or not providing what's intended

There's warranted complaining and then there's unfounded complaining. If you're really not happy don't pay SIMPLE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    While it is new, refreshing and soap opera material when devs "biting back" at forum QQ, I still somehow have the feeling they are disrespecting the customer.

I wonder about something: why is it acceptable for us that a customer should complain about a defective car, bad hotel conditions, a rude waiter, lousy internet connections to the ISP, but when it comes to video games, the general reaction is to tell the complainer to STFU and to mock him?
    Interesting.
    If you complain with the same attitude and language as blizzard customers do, don't be surprised that in RL you get told to STFU as well. It goes both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I hate the QQers, I love the fact that Blizzard is biting them back, let them QQ more and cut themselves.

The player base fucking deserved that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    i dont mind when they reply, but when their responses read like a blizzard memo, its just annoying.

dont give me the PR response, tell me what you think as an individual.
    Well they do as much as they can, but still they speak on behalf of the company that pays their salary.... so there's some restrictions involved in what they can say really...

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    If you complain with the same attitude and language as blizzard customers do, don't be surprised that in RL you get told to STFU as well. It goes both ways.
    It rarely goes both ways. If you are one of the people to witness the rare occasion of a customer being told to STFU from a company CSR, then you also witnessed the more common occasion of someone about to be fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    My face forms a small, justified smirk when a clueless QQ'er is put in their place, yes.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Interesting.
    I don't know here. Have you read some of the post. Some of the playerbase, feel like it's their God given right to rip blizzard a new one and be just as cynical and asinine as they want to be and then get upset when Blizzard tells them they are wrong. A large chunk of the player base needs to get over this attitude that Blizzard is just a evil, greedy company and everything they do is about milking dollars. It seems that a healthy chunk of the one's complaining use the "they don't care about anything but money" when they don't get their way.

I have to wonder how many of these folks work real jobs. Because when I don't like what comes down the pipe, I can't just throw a tantrum on the floor to get it changed. I have to go in with a strong, well thought out argument, and I have to be prepared for a counter argument. I need to see what the Management is trying to achieve and find a way to give them what they want in a way that works for me as well.

Ahhh to be young and full of so much energy.

absolutely, i'm glad the CM's are starting to tell people that it's not the games fault they have little no self control.

also, it's one thing to insult a customer, it's another thing entirely to point out how flawed their argument is - especially in the case of the guy QQ'ing about dailies stripping him of family time, yet he has 9x90's, one of which is a monk levelled from 1.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its always refreshing to see devs talking back the same way they are talked to by players, there is always a risk here too if they go to far with it.
    After all, end of the day, they are trying to sell a product to people, and its not the best customer service to tell people to stfu when they need to offer something.

Still, given some of the stuff players QQ about, its not so bad speaking back at them on that level somethings.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting.
    It's no surprise how far publishers are willing to promote their products, even masquerading as fanbois posting on forums (Gamespot fiascos showed by how much). You don't find THAT level of defense with brick and mortar stores.

Sometimes it's refreshing to see the blues state something without the chase, but I usually find them too sarcastic for my taste to care to read their posts. One particular blue there comes off as a bitch, and when I see her post I think of that astronaut in a diaper, too aggressive like trying to prove herself too hard. So no, I generally don't care to read their posts, it mimics too much of what they claim they dislike (e.g., here's throwing it back at you mentality).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."