Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I found the QQ U MAKE ME DO DAILIES WHEN I HAVE A WIFE AND KIDS P.S. I HAVE 9 LVL 90S guy hilarious in a 'Oh deary me' way
    I laughed SOOOO hard when I read this part as well.

I really REALLY hope that guy visits this site and sees this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    While it is new, refreshing and soap opera material when devs "biting back" at forum QQ, I still somehow have the feeling they are disrespecting the customer.

I wonder about something: why is it acceptable for us that a customer should complain about a defective car, bad hotel conditions, a rude waiter, lousy internet connections to the ISP, but when it comes to video games, the general reaction is to tell the complainer to STFU and to mock him?
    Interesting.
    because here the problem isnt a fault with the product, but a case of the customer being a self entitled little bitch.

I love it. There are a couple blues who are finally speaking their minds and not letting people run over them. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    because here the problem isnt a fault with the product, but a case of the customer being a self entitled little bitch.
    Really, please I beg of you please tell the customers in your employers business this same line if your employed at all. Come back and tell us how well that works out for you.

While I realize most of the biching on the official forums is entirely unwarranted what gets to me is how major things like botting in bgs and blatant mmr exploiting goes entirely unheeded in lieu of these other rather unimportant threads. I.E. Blizzard doesn't care about PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It's not so much that they are telling players (aka customers) off directly. They are doing it indirectly by saying "This is how it is, we welcome the constructive feedback, but don't expect things to change instantly because you want them to".

Having worked a total of 4 years myself as a CSR (between a major US cell phone provider, a Canadian home phone/internet/cable provider, and now e-Commerce support for a major Canadian electronics retailer), they are doing things generally right. They are basically giving you the policy of how things are, whether they may or may not make changes ("We are going to do what we feel is best in terms of the game as a whole, not just the small percentage of people posting on the forums. Your feedback does help give us additional insight, but it is not the only source of data we use."), while not outright saying "You are dumb, your points mean nothing, give us more money so we can do more development of content you don't want".

People complain about too many dailies? Wasn't designed to be ingested in all of 1 month.
    People complain about rep-gating gear advancement? VP gear from reputations are alternatives to help combat RNG, not the mandatory upgrades rep gear used to be.

Progression players are not part of the normal playerbase in this respect, you guys do everything under the sun you can to gain a 0.5% DPS advantage. You know what you signed up for, you can't really complain about that aspect of it, when you chose that playstyle, no matter what content you do/do not like.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    While I realize most of the biching on the official forums is entirely unwarranted what gets to me is how major things like botting in bgs and blatant mmr exploiting goes entirely unheeded in lieu of these other rather unimportant threads. I.E. Blizzard doesn't care about PvP.
    More likely "We got nothing we haven't said already, the search function would show you what our stance is on the subject, we have nothing else to add at this time."

People just want everything fixed "NAO!!!!", and don't understand the processes behind the scenes (in regards to handling bots anyways), despite Blizzard even outright telling them how their process works.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    I like it, shows that Blizzard is giving them the alternatives but they are refusing to take them.

They know where the door is.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree. Blizzard has always been loudest when resisting very important changes, like requests for dual spec, or complaints that WotLK PUG raids died when Cata shipped. Those were serious issues that Blizzard eventually fixed, improving the game for everyone -- but they fought them and insulted players for quite a long time, before getting around to it. Today the problem is too many daily quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the QQ U MAKE ME DO DAILIES WHEN I HAVE A WIFE AND KIDS P.S. I HAVE 9 LVL 90S guy hilarious in a 'Oh deary me' way
    lol yea that was a funny one..."I am a casual player...but I have 9 lvl 90's...I have a life...but I want rewards from reputations without doing daily quests...i am un-subbing because now there is too much to do when before I complained that there was no enough to do"

Sometimes these QQ just make me /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    While it is new, refreshing and soap opera material when devs "biting back" at forum QQ, I still somehow have the feeling they are disrespecting the customer.

I wonder about something: why is it acceptable for us that a customer should complain about a defective car, bad hotel conditions, a rude waiter, lousy internet connections to the ISP, but when it comes to video games, the general reaction is to tell the complainer to STFU and to mock him?
    Interesting.
    I would tend to agree. If they are acting as representatives of a company I would expect some level of professionalism. That doesn't mean they should take it dry but I think they're definitely too quick to lash out with sarcasm and belittlement.

Anybody else find it refreshing and humorous that the devs are biting back at the QQ? Especially as an EU player where we simply get robotic devs on our WoW forums.
    makes me feel like breaking their jaw. they mostly avoid serious threads to be part of the idiotic threads. imagine a cop walking around while rape and murder is going on everywhere and they give a guy a ticket for not using a blinker

that's blizzard's mentality. avoid the serious topics of conversation and they'll go away. it's not something any customer should support. the fanboi attitudes have held wow back 5 years. that attitude helps wow fuck us all. i'd rather them stay professional since they're taking our money to do what they do.

maybe if they'd tried a little harder and gave a fuck they'd not have lost 5500 subs a day during cata. the rest of the entertainment industry is doing better than ever so a loss like that during the most profitable time in history should send up red flags
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-11-13 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    I like it, shows that Blizzard is giving them the alternatives but they are refusing to take them.

They know where the door is.
    and they are using it. Last quarter results will be very interesting but sadly their advertising/marketing dept will have to spend quadrupple next year and still may not see a payoff.

This exact same thing was propogated by Mythic Entertianment, where are they today. Oh that's right out of business, didn't happen over night but it did happen. What's worse, Mythic actually had a very good second Intellectual Property Warhammer, however treatment in previous years had gamers staying clear of that title mostly on the fact it was made by Mythic and a ton of their customers refused to do business with them again and proof is in the history. Their big designer, he doesn't work in the industry anymore, he makes small cell phone games. Quite a come uppance.

Blizzard should be more worried for down the road with other titles, much less 8 year old Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    makes me feel like breaking their jaw. they mostly avoid serious threads to be part of the idiotic threads. imagine a cop walking around while rape and murder is going on everywhere and they give a guy a ticket for not using a blinker

that's blizzard's mentality. avoid the serious topics of conversation and they'll go away. it's not something any customer should support. the fanboi attitudes have held wow back 5 years
    o.0...wtf is wrong with you...seriously....don't know if you just flat out hate WoW/Blizzard and/or oblivious to the fact that there does not need to be 10000 replies for the 10000 threads on the same topic for you to consider this "serious" and/or have something seriously wrong with you for making that analogy...like a child drowing puppies with a smile...and if you hate the game/company so much why are you still writing in forum pertaining to said game/company. Move on...we don't care about you not caring/hating something. It is both ironic and irrelevant for you to post in threads about a game you clearly no longer care for

I couldn't agree more

Deleted
    I love it. I think they should be harsher on some of the trol- er... posters.

"Biting back" at the QQ is always humorous.

There are ways of going about things and much can be chalked up to attitude.

Some post a complaint based on a half-ass argument and faulty logic while at the same time coming off as a jerk.

Others are more constructive in their arguments.

The best make a complaint and offer solutions that could be beneficial to both parties.

There are some things that should be expected. No hair in your soup at the restaurant. A non-faulty purchased band-new TV. Fair and decent treatment as a customer.

However, generally speaking, the worse your attitude is...typically the less respect you will receive. And, from the other side, it's doubtful you're ever going to change anyone's attitude, particularly the older they are. It's kind-of like wife-beaters expecting their wife to stay with them through all the abuse (and some do, unfortunately, out of fear or sense of duty, religious beliefs, or whatever).

Now, if the blue responses were condescending to reasonable argument, that'd be another story. But myself, and plenty of others, see the bite-backs as responses to illogical folks who come off at jerks. And, it's kind-of nice to see that, particularly when many of us have experienced these same jerks first-hand in the game itself.

I'm glad they decided to start biting back. You have to remember that CM's are people too, and people have faults. I don't visit the offical WoW forums often, But whenever I do...those poor CM's.

Some of the dumbest things ranging from "Blizzard doesn't give a shit about PvP" too "Really Blizzard? -Issue here- You're fucking retarded" too "Blizzard can't make smart decisions, It's a company run by retards" etc...

If you deal with that day after day? I would like to see how long it took until 'you' snapped. Don't always be so quick to defend the people that do nothing but bad mouth a game they pay for..which in retrospect, Is baffling in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    In some cases it's warranted, but by and large the devs are huge assholes. I honestly they sooner fire every CM and I didn't have to see blue-post assholiness every day. And even when it is warranted - it's not refreshing, and it's not humorous. Most of us already know those guys are just blowing off steam, so it's really not a big deal. The CMs' job should honestly be to try to elucidate the real problem rather than validating the rest of the fanboy kingdom's undying love for the game.

But w/e - when 2Q2013 subs #s get released, we'll see who's still laughing. If these guys continue to be obstinate pricks about the shitty parts of the game a lot of folks are gonna vote with their free time and move on.

Quite honestly I wish you would! First because there would be a lot less whining going on and second because if you really don't like the game you shouldn't be playing.

Its that simple people. It is a game, if you don't like it then don't play it. If you do like it but there are one or two things you don't like then deal with it, but provide constructive criticism. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and the whining and entitlement issues going on in the forum now.

Kudos to blizzard for finally pointing out some of the ridiculous demands people are making and for reading and addressing constructive criticism. Personally I don't see any problem with them addressing posters in the same tone the original post was made in. Yes sometimes you just need to let off steam - however the forums are not the right venue, for that go qq to your guildies. Once you calm down, then post. If you can't control yourself that far then I don't see you have a reason to complain about how a dev treated your comments.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like that they're biting back, but I would prefer they just start ignoring the questions/complaints they have answered 10,000 times already.