Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's entertaining, but it does speak to deeply-rooted community problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    You know guys, the Blues could choose to be rude and not even answer us.

The fact they do this is taken for granted.
    Customers could choose to not play their game.

The fact that we do is taken for granted.

I find it comical they ask to be addressed in a particular manner but don't adhere to the same standards. With the way certain Lead System Designers act like unprofessional , childish ragers it's apparent it's just trickling down. The blue posters cherry pick the most ridiculous posts to reply to for the most part usually ignoring any with valid points. When they do respond to a well thought out post, it's to nitpick one sentence out of three paragraghs and dismiss the validity of the rest of the post. It's disengenuous at best and most people see right though it.

The biggest problem Blizzard has right now is Hubris. Maybe that's inevitiable with so many years without serious competition. But in the end it's bad for the playerbase. Everyone makes poor decisions sometimes. When people question them on it, they reply with ridiculousness. People have a problem with that.

Example #1: They implement CRZ to address a nonissue.
    They ignore people expressing concerns about dead servers. They introduce CRZ. They defend thier decision stating MMO's are not single player games. Funny that SHOULD have been thier answer on why they would be fixing server inbalance. The irony isn't lost on everyone. They release a buggy problem causing change to the game for a nonissue. Apparently, it's ok for the people to suffer on dead realms. Watching people fly by that won't be in thier guild, won't enrich thier economy, won't help thier raid team. That's totally cool. I mean the player should have known they were picking the wrong realm (that blizzard likely suggested to begin with) on a game before they had even ever logged on it. Right? They should suffer because if they offered free transfers then people would leave and the realm would suffer even more. We can't have that. The more people suffering the better. Right? You couldn't possibly merge servers, or offer more free transfers from high population realms to balance it out. That would cut into your automated transfer fee. Can't have that. So saying MMO's aren't a single player game defending CRZ is ignoring the elephant in the room. You have invalidated your own arguement with your own reply Lead Systems Designer.

Example #2: Gating gear behind reputation.
    Removing tabbards for and putting gear vendors behind reputation. They taught people how to gear up for two expansions and then changed it. Of course it's to slow down the content. Not a single person at Blizzard is going to be honest about that though. They will reply with rhetoric. "It's not necessary". Funny. Nothing in the game is "needed". There isn't a single thing you need. You don't need to raid. You don't need to do lfr, heroics, dailies, quests, pet battles, be in a guild, get to level 90. In fact you don't even need to log on. The only thing you need to do is pay your subscription. The response from Blizzard is dishonest and deceptive. Of course they knew everyone would want to grind the dailies to get that reputation to get the gear, and the coins for extra chances at gear. That's specifically why they removed the tabbards and put the coin / gear requirement behind the reputation. It wasn't accidental. This affects the majority of the playerbase. Because remember, the majority doesn't raid. So they won't get gear that way. With lfr current loot drops they won't be getting geared up anytime soon that way either unless they are a statistical anomoly. That leaves heroics and vendors. Since they put everything behind reputation, having the valor is worthless if you don't have the time to open up it up. Comically enough some people think getting 2200 Valor from chain running heroics isn't worthy. But chain running mindless dailies is earning it. I shit you not. People actually think someone who just spent hours getting valor from LFR and heriocs is lazy, begging for gear, or needy because they didn't spend that same amount of time rescuing 5 Golden Lotus Guards (which is totally righteous man). It's absurd.

So Blizzard didn't think people would grind the daylights out of dailies? Blizzard is honestly suprised that a large amount of people are upset with this change? Seriously? Sorry. I don't think so. The lack of logic and detachment from reality it takes for that is garganuan. I simply don't believe it. You know what? There is a very large amount of people that don't either. All of this was done purposefully. People don't like it. They are letting thier voices be heard. If you don't like that? Too bad. Your agreement isn't required. Blizzard brought it on themselves. They will pay with subscribers. Maybe it will be a lot, maybe not. I'm not a fortune teller. But I will say this, to everyone who thinks people current concerns are invalid or petty. There will be a day a change is made that affects the way you play the game. One that will have a large affect on your gaming experience. You will be where these people are now. Don't be so quick to embrace Blizzard's hubris and it's Blues snarkiness. As someday you will very likely be on the receiving end.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Customers could choose to not play their game.

The fact that we do is taken for granted.
    How?

In what was has it been taken for granted.

PLEASE enlighten me since Blizzard has somehow personally wronged you :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharn View Post
    Blizzard should be more worried for down the road with other titles, much less 8 year old Warcraft.
    Indeed. I stuck with WoW for a long time because of addiction/inertia, but at this point I would not buy any other Blizzard product. I felt no desire to try SC2, or D3, and feel no desire to get Titan, whatever it turns out to be. Why get addicted to something and have a repeat of WoW disappointments, and why reward the source of those disappointments?
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2012-11-16 at 11:14 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Double posted.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2012-11-16 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually kinda annoyed by their attitude. I used to work in customer service call centre, yeah I dealt with difficult people and people with valid concerns but you are supposed to take it with a smile and composure. If I ever gave a hint of attitude I would have been fired or at least warned. You ACT like a simple person, all you can do in the end is answer their concerns.

If they're civil, then they can say refute whatever they want for all I care.

That scope can include a degree of... shortness. Not really rude or snarky. And mockery and name-calling are out.

It's not ideal, and their typical tender-loving-care answers are probably better for image, but if they deliver like a mature adult, I'll tolerate. It's miles better than what you can expect from typical internet conversation, with 'fag' and profanity used as punctuation.
    Ever squish your face on a window?
    It looks funny. Ever got it stuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazefiend View Post
    I am actually kinda annoyed by their attitude. I used to work in customer service call centre, yeah I dealt with difficult people and people with valid concerns but you are supposed to take it with a smile and composure. If I ever gave a hint of attitude I would have been fired or at least warned. You ACT like a simple person, all you can do in the end is answer their concerns.
    Everyone has there limits, but when it comes to the ungrateful attitude of online gaming communities, nothing applies more then this:

If this kind of attitude was presented to people in a store or place of business, the employees have every right to have the person kicked from there. The fact the internet allows for those kind of douchebags more freedom to condemn guys like the blizzard customer service and development team, it should then allow for more freedom of expression by the devs to.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    How?

Why would that even matter?

Blizzard considers the age group that plays the game and their ability, especially legally to fight back. You goto EA, they have lawsuits all the time, because the age groups that play some of their games are higher...and they understand the legal system.

Blizzard takes age and that the MMOs aren't producing (yet) a yank-you-from-your-social-network MMO. When the latter happens it's much easier to settle in a new game as nothing is holding them to WoW. That's how people drift back to WoW, despite they really don't want to play the game. They're there for social obligations.

So, yeah Blizzard does take players for granted.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    While it is new, refreshing and soap opera material when devs "biting back" at forum QQ, I still somehow have the feeling they are disrespecting the customer.

I wonder about something: why is it acceptable for us that a customer should complain about a defective car, bad hotel conditions, a rude waiter, lousy internet connections to the ISP, but when it comes to video games, the general reaction is to tell the complainer to STFU and to mock him?
    Interesting.
    Turn the situation around. Why is it acceptable to give feedback in the most negative way possible and expect a positive, friendly, response? Let me tell you an open secret: when people coat their feedback in venom, no matter how valid, grounded in reality, backed up by numbers, or hell, even already recognized as a problem it is, the feedback will be ignored because people shut down in the face of that.

I learned that from experience working at my company. Problems didn't get fixed, even though I gave the solution. Years later I learned, and now more often than not, changes I suggest, or versions very close, get implemented.

And quras, I think you need to get a refresher on what 'same' means. If the CMs actually did the 'same' things, they would make baseless assumptions and conjecture about why the player is having the problem, call them liars, insinuate that the reasons the players want the change is they're too cheap etc. etc. etc.

Funny, I don't remember seeing that. And no, pointing out the obvious hypocrisy where someone makes themselves a liar (i.e. our friend the 9 level 90s with not enough time to do dailies guy) does not count.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should happen more often, some people just don't realize how thick their comments can be sometimes and need a wake up call to help them realize this. Only people I see that have a problem with this, tend to be of the kind that are easily upset and act all surprised when pulled up on it.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

A lot of people are saying things along the lines of then beung disrespectful to their customers, but have these "customers" ever looked at the disrespectful shit being thrown at the devs/blues?

This has to be the biggest disrespectful group of people I have ever seen in my life. People that play WoW are extremely self entitled and complain about everything, so it's about time the devs start being vocal back to them. You can only take so much abuse until you're at the breaking point.

The majority of the WoW community bites the hand that feeds them, and it's pathetic. I have my gripes with the way the game has gone, and up until recently I have only seen one thing worth making a thread about that kinda irked me(losing rbgs and being compensated) but that was more of a response to brig shocked by the decision.

All my other issues, I have just let go for the most part and continued to make the most out of the game I love, and when it's to a point I feel it is no liger worth my money, I will unsubscribe, and not make a huge stink about how the devs suck, and wow is dying and blah blah blah.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you agree with them then they are heroes and speaking the truth. If you disagree with them then they are unprofessional idiots who should be fired. Such is life.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Why would that even matter?

Blizzard considers the age group that plays the game and their ability, especially legally to fight back. You goto EA, they have lawsuits all the time, because the age groups that play some of their games are higher...and they understand the legal system.

Blizzard takes age and that the MMOs aren't producing (yet) a yank-you-from-your-social-network MMO. When the latter happens it's much easier to settle in a new game as nothing is holding them to WoW. That's how people drift back to WoW, despite they really don't want to play the game. They're there for social obligations.

So, yeah Blizzard does take players for granted.
    So pretty much even though they:

1. Talk to the community.

2. Listen to the community.

3. Do what the community asks of it.

4. Actually have a well responding system where you can get help from them and they don't fuck you over.

It's taking the players for granted?

Okay. Guess I should quit then by that logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Bring back Tseric!!!

How?

Tedious rep grinds, CRZ - all the downsides of a full server with none up the upsides, no desire to play alts in MOP, broken PVP still, and hilariously stupid design decisions even after "NEXT EXPANSION WILL FIX IT!"
    Last edited by ihyln; 2012-11-17 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Tedious rep grinds, CRZ - all the downsides of a full server with none up the upsides, no desire to play alts in MOP, and broken PVP still?
    Blizzard has addressed these issues fairly. At this point, because Blizzard disagrees with people, they are now pretending or just plain wrong about the fact they aren't the majority of players playing this game, no matter how bad you think the game is now, you're not agreed with. And rather than admit this, people focus on anything they can that is negative about Blizzard and they make this seem like they're being pushed around, insulted, or ignored.

Apparently having why they don't agree with you explained is hubris now and lies.

I used to think this community couldn't have gotten worse than it was in Tseric's day, but now it's just like something out of a satire.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    CRZ isn't something that's meant to be optional, simple as that. I wish Blizzard could just spell that out one letter at a time, so people can stop bringing it up every 15 minutes
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do enjoy the occasional snippy comeback from Blizzard representatives, I think they should adopt a more... "stoic" standpoint in general (i.e, "our belief is that ...,") in regards to arguments as a whole, rather than trying to appeal to the individual whiny players again and again... Brevity is the soul of wit. If an issue arises, they should sweep in with a frank "THIS is why we're doing this, THIS is what we hope to achieve, we will be monitoring your constructive feedback, so long."

They should let their standing as a representative and strong conviction of words do the "relating" for them. If (*cough*when) posters DO get out of hand, they should crack down with a quick, stern "that behavior has no place here" attitude about them. While being personal is certainly good for dealing with people willing to be civil and jovial, I feel dealing with the... lower echelons... of the Blizzard forums requires a more impersonal, stoic air from Blizz Reps.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-11-17 at 06:20 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.