Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you are rude to them why you expect them to be polite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    To be honest? You guys are right, there are a lot of self righteous, greedy, sick people out there just willing to abuse the system to get their own way. However in the thick of all of this you have people that actually give constructive feedback, address concerns relating to these pathetic mouth breathers and still get shot down because they disagree with, in this case, Blizzard's ideals and path of the game.

I am fully aware that it's "their" game, and that they "can do what they will". However since it's the communities money that pays their salaries, you would think that at this point they would at least try to meet us halfway with things like the ridiculous "mandatory, but not so mandatory, but still kind of mandatory" daily grind, and the horrific implementation and overall distaste CRZ has recieved, especially on faction dominant high pop servers CRZ'd with other servers of the opposite faction. Not to mention the horrible state of pvp and how it's been nigh two months since release and the majority of problems still existing with classes (warriors, frost mages, spriest/other hybrid offhealing, resto shamans being able to be blanket silenced and globaled due to lack of defensive capabilities while silenced) among countless other issues and problems that exist in the 3v3/rbg latter (I don't count 5v5 or 2v2 because honestly, it's painfully and abundantly clear they balance this game around 3v3/rbgs)

*tin foil hat time*

Maybe CRZ was implemented to reduce the population of high pop pvp servers by forcing people to world pvp and get ganked and just waste money transferring/rerolling to a pve server, thus liquidizing transfer revenue and allowing ghostcrawler to afford his mega yacht with his christmas bonus.

*tin foil hat off*

pretty much tl;dr: I have high hopes for mop, especially after the garbage we knew as cata came and went. However these high hopes are soiled by terrible systems and bad implementation and weeks upon months of resets, with hardly any word on any tangible reasoning behind why or when other than "We understand, we are working on it."
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad they didn't start doing this years ago when it mattered.

Why they waited until they ruined the game to start pretending to give a shit is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    To be honest? You guys are right, there are a lot of self righteous, greedy, sick people out there just willing to abuse the system to get their own way. However in the thick of all of this you have people that actually give constructive feedback, address concerns relating to these pathetic mouth breathers and still get shot down because they disagree with, in this case, Blizzard's ideals and path of the game.
    Can you prove though, that Blizzard "ignores them?" Yes, I'm very well aware that Blizzard isn't perfect... For example, I very much dislike them making heroic dungeons into filler pablum. However, as for Blizzard saying "thanks for the ideas, but that's not what we're doing," what would you have them do? Would you rather they just lie? Or would you have them say "thanks for the suggestion, we were totally going to do this other thing, but now we're going to reverse our design entirely because this one guy said something?" I trust that Blizzard looks at feedback... anyone pretending that blizzard "doesn't listen to their fans," (sometimes for the worst) hasn't been paying very close attention to some of the design changes taking place. I can think of very few instances in recent history where Blizzard has made completely unilateral decisions without some section of their fanbase spurring them one way or another. And do keep in mind that, simply because you or some other person you may know does not want something, doesn't mean no one does. And as long as those other "ones" are paying their subscription fees, haven't they as much of a right to Blizzard's direction as someone else? It's at that point the ball enters Blizzard's court, and they have to kick it in the least divisive design direction. Obviously, this does not always work. But people instantly jump and say "Blizzard doesn't listen to anyone (read "doesn't always listen to me,") their design direction is terrible and alienating their fans."

I am fully aware that it's "their" game, and that they "can do what they will". However since it's the communities money that pays their salaries, you would think that at this point they would at least try to meet us halfway
    The first problem is saying things like "meet us..." You, and the people that agree with you, do not speak for everyone. It seems blizzard has become hesitant with how much they listen to the supposed "overall" player base, likely based on past things they listened to like "Give us hard heroics back," "Heroics are too hard, give us easy heroics" "give us BC rep grinds back," "Rep Grinds are too time consuming," etc, etc, etc. Other such "vocal minority" gems that have arisen and have luckily past into obscurity include "Give us BC/Vanilla only servers" and "reinstate strict tier progression" and such things. These people can be just as vocal, should Blizzard make huge design changes to meet ALL of them halfway?

with things like the ridiculous "mandatory, but not so mandatory, but still kind of mandatory" daily grind, and the horrific implementation and overall distaste CRZ has recieved, especially on faction dominant high pop servers CRZ'd with other servers of the opposite faction. Not to mention the horrible state of pvp and how it's been nigh two months since release and the majority of problems still existing with classes (warriors, frost mages, spriest/other hybrid offhealing, resto shamans being able to be blanket silenced and globaled due to lack of defensive capabilities while silenced) among countless other issues and problems that exist in the 3v3/rbg latter (I don't count 5v5 or 2v2 because honestly, it's painfully and abundantly clear they balance this game around 3v3/rbgs)

As for CRZ, perhaps this isn't the best place, but there are many, many people out there who don't care one way or another about cross realm zones. Myself included. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a large group of people who actually LIKE cross-realm zones. Now, there are some legitimate concerns about economy issues for small servers, but for the people complaining "I can't lord over rare spawns anymore" or "now the intended number of people are in the zone, and there's too much PvP on this PvP server..." they need a reality check.

The "dailies are so so required" argument has been done to death. Dailies are fine the way they are, at least "gear-wise." They're intended for people who can't raid to eventually pick up some nice pieces of gear to help advance their character, or for people to get some interesting flavor items or perks for their profession. That people cannot seem to efficaciously set limits for themselves, or have to have everything NOW NOW NOW, and end up burning out on them is on them is squarely the fault of the person doing them, not Blizzard's fault "because they don't make it so you can't." You can start progressing through raids in heroic dungeon gear (they were balanced that way,) and start getting actual raiding gear that way, which yes, is better than rep and LFR gear. That people seem to think you have to do ALL of these things, for whatever reason, is again, not the fault of Blizzard for not "not making us think so," especially when Blizzard has SAID, repeatedly, that this is not the case.
    Could dailies be more fun/interesting/story driven? Sure. And that's a decent suggestion. But it's an entirely separate concern.

As for PvP... it's always been that way. That's not good, but claiming this imbalance is some "new turn of events" is an error. Unfortunately, with PvP and PvE intertwined so thoroughly, and with so many different classes and specs, any balancing is basically reduced to a whack-a-mole system of nerfs and buffs. While this is indeed a bad design, this has always been their design.

with hardly any word on any tangible reasoning behind why or when other than "We understand, we are working on it."
    Except they DO offer explanations. Repeatedly. They end up saying the same thing four or five times, it seems. Simply because you, or someone else, does not agree with their reasoning does not "not make it an explanation."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-11-17 at 08:08 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Do you think the people at the Kmart service desk give a rat's ass about your complaint? They listen to you bitch, and return your money, but all they hear is Blah, Blah, Blah. Why do geeks on the internet think Blizzard customer service would be any different? They're regular people making $20 an hour to listen to you cry copious tears. They read off their cheat cards to address your concerns, then go home to their wife and kids at night. WoW is your life. It's their job.

Their job is not to "bite back".

Their job is to address concerns people may have, their job is not to tell the people complaining to shut up and play or leave. That is bad PR and bad PR is bad business. Devs biting back may make for great soap opera material for you, but in the end its grown working men behaving unprofessionally and acting out like a teenager 10 years younger than them would. It makes themselves, other blues and in the end Blizzard look bad.

Anyone who finds this type of behavior "refreshing" and "humorous" has a lot of growing up to do in my opinion.

These kind of posts are a fallacy it really comes down too do like the plate of shit your handed or are you ready to be told what's what.

I love it. People on the forums need to realize they only represent a small portion of the wow population.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Their job is not to "bite back".

Their job is to address concerns people may have, their job is not to tell the people complaining to shut up and play or leave. That is bad PR and bad PR is bad business. Devs biting back may make for great soap opera material for you, but in the end its grown working men behaving unprofessionally and acting out like a teenager 10 years younger than them would. It makes themselves, other blues and in the end Blizzard look bad.

Anyone who finds this type of behavior "refreshing" and "humorous" has a lot of growing up to do in my opinion.
    Poster Child right here. These kind of posts are a fallacy it really comes down too do like the plate of shit your handed or are you ready to be told what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Yep. I always LOVE when they're pewpewing.

I especially enjoyed the Cinder kitten thread.

you enjoyed that their system is so horribly set up they cant add new items to their store when every they want to, and that it takes them 2 months to make any kind of changes to the game? and then basically telling people they are dumb for thinking that changes can happen in a reasonable amount of time.

yeah that was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifendeath View Post
    Poster Child right here.
    Comedic irony right here how that statement applies to you in relation to what I said rather than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifendeath View Post
    These kind of posts are a fallacy it really comes down too do like the plate of shit your handed or are you ready to be told what's what.
    More irony. You fit the description for the type of people I described perfectly.

Given the tone of your post, I think the truth of my words cut deep into a fanboy like yourself.

All I can say is that these are not the official wow forums and you have no one to impress here. Your text won't turn green here if your nose turns brown.

Infracted

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by syn1k View Post
    you enjoyed that their system is so horribly set up they cant add new items to their store when every they want to, and that it takes them 2 months to make any kind of changes to the game? and then basically telling people they are dumb for thinking that changes can happen in a reasonable amount of time.

yeah that was hilarious.
    ^ This basically.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-17 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I wonder about something: why is it acceptable for us that a customer should complain about a defective car, bad hotel conditions, a rude waiter, lousy internet connections to the ISP, but when it comes to video games, the general reaction is to tell the complainer to STFU and to mock him?
    Interesting.
    If you had a car that worked perfectly fine, but went and complained to the engineers that made it that you don't like which side the exhaust pipe is on, and that they're retarded for putting it on the side they put it on, they're going to laugh at you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    If you had a car that worked perfectly fine, but went and complained to the engineers that made it that you don't like which side the exhaust pipe is on, and that they're retarded for putting it on the side they put it on, they're going to laugh at you too.
    are you trying to say wow works perfectly fine? i think trolling is against forum tos.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Comedic irony right here how that statement applies to you in relation to what I said rather than the other way around.

More irony. You fit the description for the type of people I described perfectly.

Given the tone of your post, I think the truth of my words cut deep into a fanboy like yourself.

All I can say is that these are not the official wow forums and you have no one to impress here. Your text won't turn green here if your nose turns brown.

Infracted

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 01:16 PM ----------

^ This basically.
    Vindication is so sweet. enjoy the ban bitch. Just because i defend something makes me a fanboy. more like your cynicism makes you blind to rationale arguments.

Infracted - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-17 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But WoW IS defective or not providing what's intended
    Fixed. I haven't had/heard of so many bugs and issues since before MoP. I think the concept and idea was great in theory, but at the last minute Blizz changed their minds on half of it all, and it's been questionable content since release, with Blues getting more and more snarky like it's the players fault their game is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that the Blues are showing some spine on the forums. Having been in customer service for over ten years now, it's refreshing to see people getting called out on their bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Tedious rep grinds, CRZ - all the downsides of a full server with none up the upsides, no desire to play alts in MOP, broken PVP still, and hilariously stupid design decisions even after "NEXT EXPANSION WILL FIX IT!"
    Tedious rep grinds that are not in any way mandatory (or, for that matter, really all that "tedious")? Do tell. My main is currently revered with every one of the new factions (and has been for 2 weeks now), and exalted with Tillers and Cloud Serpent riders, and I dont even do half the dailys every day. Which is all anyone really "needs" since all the high impact stuff (epic valor gear) is tied to revered or lower reps. Sure, the grind to full exalted with every faction is a bit of work, but since the rewards at that point are all cosmetic, it is pretty much a non issue.

CRZ. Sure, it has bugs. So did phazing when they first started playing with that. Anyone with a functioning brain would not expect otherwise. And CRZ was never really intended to fix the major downsides of being on a dead realm. Nothing Blizzard can do short of forced server merges will ever fix dead realms, since the only other option is opening up free server moves from high pop realms and hopeing people voluntairily move (which, lets face it, is about as likely to happen as someone willingly letting someone else kick them in the balls).

No desire to play alts? Funny, I have 1 90, and 3 level 87-89 alts, and nothing is stopping me from enjoying those alts. The only reason I dont have more 90's at the moment is that I am waiting for the new patch to come so I can take full advantage of the rep-boost from being revered when i do Towlong and Dreadwastes on them.

Broken PvP? Has pvp EVER been balanced?

Hilariously stupid design decisions? Like what? I havent run into anything in the game yet that I would classify as being truely a "stupid design decision" other then maybe lack of flying while dead for those few places you can find yourself unable to reach your corpse when you get ganked, and maybe putting a rare spawn mob within spitting distance of the Alliance PvP vendor, makeing it nearly impossible for a horde character to kill the guy without getting swarmed by PvP geared alliance within seconds.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Why would that even matter?

Blizzard considers the age group that plays the game and their ability, especially legally to fight back. You goto EA, they have lawsuits all the time, because the age groups that play some of their games are higher...and they understand the legal system.

Blizzard takes age and that the MMOs aren't producing (yet) a yank-you-from-your-social-network MMO. When the latter happens it's much easier to settle in a new game as nothing is holding them to WoW. That's how people drift back to WoW, despite they really don't want to play the game. They're there for social obligations.

So, yeah Blizzard does take players for granted.
    Yes, right. Blizzard is totally takeing their players for granted because they know their playerbase is too young to sue them............how exactly is that even remotely approaching a rational arguement? I mean, would you care to enlighten us as to what, exactly, you think the average age of a Blizzard gamer is??!? Here is a hint, 50% or more of us were probably in our mid to late teens when warcraft 2 was first released. You do the math on that one.

Also, did you really just try to compare Blizzard to EA? I mean, come on. People sue EA because they have a history of releasing shit products, and a history of shitting all over their customer base because they know that the fans of their insanely derrivitave FPS and Sports titles are hooked on the things like cokeheads, and will take just about any abuse to get their next hit. Pretty sure you cant say the same thing about Blizzard.

Seriously, I really think your tinfoil hat is on a bit too tight there, and you really need to get over your forum grudge fueled hate-on for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2012-11-17 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Yes, right. Blizzard is totally takeing their players for granted because they know their playerbase is too young to sue them............how exactly is that even remotely approaching a rational arguement?
    How can you even get a rational answer on a fanboi forum? Logic rarely exists when emotions (and/or addictions) are more important. There's too many ulterior reasons to tow a company line, instead.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I prefer them to bite back. I am sick to death of them just beating around the bush, while some rude prick just abuses them endlessly. People make stupid accusations all the time against Blizzard, yet I bet if we sat down and spoke with them, they'd realise that they've not thought it through properly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    How can you even get a rational answer on a fanboi forum? Logic rarely exists when emotions (and/or addictions) are more important. There's too many ulterior reasons to tow a company line, instead.
    But how can you expect your arguments to be taken seriously when your calling anyone who agrees with Blizzard a "fanboi". Your signature clearly tells us you're not a fan of Blizzard, but that doesn't mean they're deliberately shitting on their player base.

What has to be understood is that World of Warcraft is constantly changing. If it stayed the same as it did in Classic, no-one would be playing it anymore, and you can please everyone, all of the time. Sometimes you have just to realise that Blizzards direction is no-longer in your favor.

That doesn't mean however that they're wrong, it just means that this time round, the change isn't for you. Take a break, and come back when you're happy with it. If you're never happy with it, stay away. Really quite simple.

PS: I'm insinuating that this applies to you directly. More of a general statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    But how can you expect your arguments to be taken seriously when your calling anyone who agrees with Blizzard a "fanboi".
    Ditto with the cries "You hate the game".

Toss that level of hate out, don't expect people to claim "fair and balanced", either.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."